Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #61
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,716
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Not quite sure why you say that, if you are going off the article. It says all the guns were legally owned, and that he is cooperating with the police. If he was stalling, stashing, or denying, then yeah, but right now it seems like it will be plead down.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #62
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It's weird that he owned so many. Why? I still just don't understand athletes' fascination with guns.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #63
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Not quite sure why you say that, if you are going off the article. It says all the guns were legally owned, and that he is cooperating with the police. If he was stalling, stashing, or denying, then yeah, but right now it seems like it will be plead down.
I have no problem with him owning as many as he likes, LEGALLY. I heard it reported on the radio that his 4 guns in the locker were NOT registered properly. Was that true?

This whole new twist to the story seems very suspicious and just strange, but then again, Gilbert IS a strange person.

I honestly hope he's telling the truth and was thinking about the protection of his children in the home, but his actions and behaviors since have been less than admirable.

Also, even a responsible gun owner has no need for some of the weapons he had:

Quote:
The guns turned over to police include a so-called 'Dirty Harry Revolver' and a gold-plated Desert Eagle -- which is so big and has such a powerful recoil -- no law enforcement agency uses them.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #64
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Arenas charged with felony gun possession

Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas is charged with felony gun possession - washingtonpost.com
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #65
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,005
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P View Post
Heard he was gonna plea out so he wouldn't have to serve any jail time.

It must be nice to have ridiculous amounts of money.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #66
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Heard he was gonna plea out so he wouldn't have to serve any jail time.

It must be nice to have ridiculous amounts of money.
He was trying to plea down to a misdemeanor charge. Doesn't seem like that happened
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #67
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Unlikely that he'll be charged with a felony given that, as far as we know, he hasn't tried to hide anything from the police and has been cooperative. There are a lot of "felonies" committed where the prosecutors never even mention the word when prosecuting them.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #68
Special Teams
 
RedskinMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Odenton, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 301
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He was trying to plea down to a misdemeanor charge. Doesn't seem like that happened
If convicted, which looks like its going to happen, the Wizards will void his deal. Think they were going to try regardless but now it should be fairly easy.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #69
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,716
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I have no problem with him owning as many as he likes, LEGALLY. I heard it reported on the radio that his 4 guns in the locker were NOT registered properly. Was that true?

This whole new twist to the story seems very suspicious and just strange, but then again, Gilbert IS a strange person.

I honestly hope he's telling the truth and was thinking about the protection of his children in the home, but his actions and behaviors since have been less than admirable.

Also, even a responsible gun owner has no need for some of the weapons he had:
If they weren't registered, as it appears now, then yup he is in trouble, I just didn't get that from the one story. As for the Desert Eagle, when I was an MP one of the guys in my platoon was a big gun nut and he was thrilled when he got one (not gold plated). It's still legal even if not practical for police work.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #70
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
LOL. You beat me to it.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #71
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Some more info

Arenas to plead guilty to felony gun charge, source says | Washington Examiner
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You

Last edited by SmootSmack; 01-15-2010 at 01:43 PM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If they weren't registered, as it appears now, then yup he is in trouble, I just didn't get that from the one story. As for the Desert Eagle, when I was an MP one of the guys in my platoon was a big gun nut and he was thrilled when he got one (not gold plated). It's still legal even if not practical for police work.
Desert Eagle is overrated. It's all about the Kimber M1911.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #73
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
The poo story is pretty bad. I don't know if you saw this last week but after reading it I seriously think Gil is a sociopath.
A buddy of mine hangs with Gil from time to time and he pretty much sums up his behavior as weird and bizarre. Seems Gil just does things for effect, but he goes overboard.

Anyway, I think his career as a Wizard is over. He'll play again in the NBA again though. I don't who's the bigger head case, Gil or Stephon Marburry.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #74
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
It's weird that he owned so many. Why? I still just don't understand athletes' fascination with guns.
I think part of is cultural and some of it is imaturity, frankly. It seems like the athletes that get in the most trouble with guns play in big cities like NYC, D.C., Chicaco (Tank Johnson), Miami.

So I think part of it -- a big part of it in my opinion-- is the meshing of the hip-hop culture and it's influence on professional sports, particularly among black athletes. Rappers want to be athletes and athletes want to be rappers and thugs. You have JayZ, for instance, rapping about LeBron James and Dwayne Wade in his latest hit, so it's like this recognition within another sub-culture of society.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #75
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Arenas Stored Guns in Locker Room

He will be sentenced on March 26, maximum 6 months prison or 10 months listening to BHA talk about Cowher vs. Shanahan
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30270 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25