Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #91
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Boise is not a "new team" on the scene, they have built this very strong program in the last 5 years. We will agree to disagree Quake
I guess we will have to.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #92
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Good lord Quake, you could put any of 25-30 major programs in the SEC and they'd lose a few games each year, so what's your point?

I think that's more of indication of how stacked the SEC has been for a long, long time. Too damn long if you ask me.
My point is that Boise St. isnt as good as ppl think they are and even when they run the table don't deserve a spot in the NC title game
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #93
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
My point is that Boise St. isnt as good as ppl think they are and even when they run the table don't deserve a spot in the NC title game
I believe the expectation that people are placing on Boise State is pretty reasonble given the fact that they ARE beating the teams on their schedule. Really, what else do people have to go on to base their opinion? Their crystal balls and the football gods whispeing in their ear? Like it or not, VA Tech was ranked #10 in the nation going into that game, and while opinions may vary on the quality of VA Tech's team and how well both teams played, the fact is Boise did what they needed to do and that was win on a national stage against a big time program. All the ifs, ands, and buts can't take that away from them.

And it's fools gold to think for one minute that in a single head-to-head match-up, Bamma would just run up on the score and shred Boise State to pieces. All they have to do and can do, for that matter, is handle their business each week and let the pundits continue to doubt them.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #94
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,505
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I believe the expectation that people are placing on Boise State is pretty reasonble given the fact that they ARE beating the teams on their schedule. Really, what else do people have to go on to base their opinion? Their crystal balls and the football gods whispeing in their ear? Like it or not, VA Tech was ranked #10 in the nation going into that game, and while opinions may vary on the quality of VA Tech's team and how well both teams played, the fact is Boise did what they needed to do and that was win on a national stage against a big time program. All the ifs, ands, and buts can't take that away from them.

And it's fools gold to think for one minute that in a single head-to-head match-up, Bamma would just run up on the score and shred Boise State to pieces. All they have to do and can do, for that matter, is handle their business each week and let the pundits continue to doubt them.
I would love for nothing more then to see Boise State beat an SEC team in the national championship. God knows SEC homers are in need of a serious gut check. However after the Hawaii-Georgia fiasco I wouldn't feel to comfortable betting on Boise over Florida or Bama. Worst case scenario if Boise does make it to the NC and gets killed then thats even more fuel for a playoff.

Still some people are looking at Boise's schdule for this year only when the fact of the matter is their ranking is based on their success over the last year or two. Kind of a "sorry for overlooking you for all these years" sentiment.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #95
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

I'm surrounded by obnoxious Penn State fans. Last week they were singing the fight song around the office all week...doing that stupid Nittany Lion roar that sounds like a garbage disposal, hanging up "go PSU" signs...even had a mini tailgate lunch on Friday. They played Youngstown State.


This week, have not heard a PEEP from them. They play Alabama.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #96
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Need drew54 to join in on this thread (he's the only other Hawkeyes fan here)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #97
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I stated SEC is a great conference and has been for the last 5 years probably the best of the last 5, but Boise State could whip any of those teams this year. Florida and Alabama still class of the league...Questions abound across the other programs. The assumption that Boise wouldnt stand a chance is asinine...I know that isnt what SEC fans would "like" to think
Well, we can agree to disagree, but until another conference manages to win the national title, I'd say the argument sways pretty heavily in my favor. You speculate that Boise could "whoop" the SEC. I say okaaaay.... then raise you 4 straight national titles. Also, in the 11 years the BCS has been in existence, the SEC has won it all 6 times.

SEC is the standard of excellence in college football - ESPN
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #98
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I would love for nothing more then to see Boise State beat an SEC team in the national championship. God knows SEC homers are in need of a serious gut check. However after the Hawaii-Georgia fiasco I wouldn't feel to comfortable betting on Boise over Florida or Bama. Worst case scenario if Boise does make it to the NC and gets killed then thats even more fuel for a playoff.

Still some people are looking at Boise's schdule for this year only when the fact of the matter is their ranking is based on their success over the last year or two. Kind of a "sorry for overlooking you for all these years" sentiment.
As to your point in bold, you can make an argument to the contrary. If Boise St goes to the big dance and gets creamed, I think the stronger argument from the BCS folk would be, "see, this is why we don't need a playoff. Schools from these little conferences just don't belong."

I like Boise State, but their schedule is painfully easy. Va Tech and Oregon St, and that's all. I understand you just play who is in front of you, but they don't have to run the gauntlet of a tough conference schedule like the other big conferences. I like Boise St a lot, don't get me wrong, and they certainly deserve the exposure they're getting, but anyone that thinks they'd have the same shiny record the last 5 years if they were in a major conference is smoking something.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #99
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,245
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Man I would love to see a playoff in College Football...maybe I wouldnt consider it such a second rate sport. More than half the bowls games at the end of the year are an f*ing joke. Time for change with this bowl, grandpa-tradition, archaic bs that is left up to voters to decide on a f*ed up ranking to see how plays. blah blah blah boring. Come up with a 10 playoff team schedule
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #100
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

So much for Boise's win over Va Tech. Told you they just aren't that good.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #101
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,505
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Either the Ohio State offensive Coordinator is terrible or Terrelle Prior can't read a defense. If this guy is a first round pick it will be a travesty. All to frequently he's looking to run instead of anticipating and finding an open man. This upcoming QB class will easily be the most physically talented with Locker, Prior, and Mallet however none of them are very good at reading opposing defenses. Maybe Mallet, but his 55% completion percentage leads to me to believe otherwise.

Next great QB to come out will almost certainly be Andrew Luck after him the NFL will have to wait for Matt Barkley. Maybe Jake Locker if he gets paired with the right coach, but I doubt that will happen. The guy couldn't even help the offense put up more then 17 points against BYU and Locker apparently has an offensive guy coaching him. Either way I can only wonder if the NFL is headed for a slight drought in terms of QB prospects. Certainly won't be nearly as bad as the early 2000's but we'll see.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 09-11-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #102
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,505
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
So much for Boise's win over Va Tech. Told you they just aren't that good.
Wow, the ACC is just horrible this year.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #103
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,829
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Time to call this a rebuilding year instead of a contending year. Looks like VT's young guys are gonna need some time to adjust to playing for a supposed-to-be contender.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #104
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Wow, the ACC is just horrible this year.
Outside of North Carolina your about right there.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #105
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: ***2010-2011 College Football Thread***

Wow! The Michigan v. Notre Dame game prob deserves it's on thread. Classic for sure. Denard Robinson is like..words can't even describe this kid.

What a damn game!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45113 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25