Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Official 2011 College Football Thread

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,944
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Here you go guys...check out the Terps unis.

Streaming Online - WatchESPN
Somebody should tell them football isn't Nascar.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #32
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,194
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Theyre horrible. I like the no names on the back team first thing, but they are horrible.
first not sure if it's new but the whole time i was watching the wvu game leadin up to the storm they kept talking about lighting strikes withing 6 miles, from now on if there is a lighting strike within six miles of a stadioum game is postponed for 30 minutes minimum. the rule seems a bit over kill, and the worst part is they haven't really figured out what to do when the game is postponed. when the wvu game was stopped they had everyone huddled in the tunnles just waiting. then the two schools AD's have to get together and decide if they want to call it. it's def somthing that needs to be addressed asap.

now as far as md's uni's they are complete crap and very distracting, somthing tells me they will change, i hope these were just a one time deal. and as for no name on the back i couldn't disagree with you more. in college football the players change every year and i like having the names on the back so it's easier to identify a player. georgia did somthing even more annoying imo though by putting georgia on everyones name plate, that was even worse than the no name.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #33
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,953
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Terps new look is awful, just awful
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #34
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,707
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Terps new look is awful, just awful
Wait! What? You are joking right?


My buddy works at Under Armor and they have been getting slammed all day about complaints about the uniforms.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,953
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Wait! What? You are joking right?


My buddy works at Under Armor and they have been getting slammed all day about complaints about the uniforms.
I mean honestly, how does something like that get past the idea phase?

Unless they were trying to win an ugliest uniform contest, it's a complete fail.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
first not sure if it's new but the whole time i was watching the wvu game leadin up to the storm they kept talking about lighting strikes withing 6 miles, from now on if there is a lighting strike within six miles of a stadioum game is postponed for 30 minutes minimum. the rule seems a bit over kill, and the worst part is they haven't really figured out what to do when the game is postponed. when the wvu game was stopped they had everyone huddled in the tunnles just waiting. then the two schools AD's have to get together and decide if they want to call it. it's def somthing that needs to be addressed asap.

now as far as md's uni's they are complete crap and very distracting, somthing tells me they will change, i hope these were just a one time deal. and as for no name on the back i couldn't disagree with you more. in college football the players change every year and i like having the names on the back so it's easier to identify a player. georgia did somthing even more annoying imo though by putting georgia on everyones name plate, that was even worse than the no name.

Yeah, what was weird is they kept saying 7 miles away, then changed it to 6 but would also say 6.75 or something..... Then they said the storm was continuing its path North West but that the stadium was south of the storm. Then they cut the game off. They definitely need to do something about coming up with a better way of handling it. I was watching on espn3 (its officially crunch time for the whole no cable thing) which made it even harder to figure out what was going on.

It is hard as hell to keep up with players when their names arnt on the jerseys in college, but I still prefer it.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,468
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

At first I didn't like the new Maryland uniforms, but they've grown on me. I think moreso that there are a lot of people who don't like them than anything else. I think if you take the helmet out of the equation, the uniform is quite sharp. I like the fact that they are completely different and UA thought outside the box on them. And quite honestly, I like them better than what Nike puts Oregon in...

With that said, Edsall said the captains decide on the uniform combinations each week, but that he made the decision last night. UA and the AD got what they wanted. National attention to the football program. Everyone has been talking about them, and I'm pretty sure you'll have a select few who tune in just to see what they're wearing next.

I was more impressed with the players wearing the uniforms than the uniforms themselves. Even with Miami missing 8 players, their depth is much stronger than what Maryland can put on the field. Edsall has the Maryland players believing in themselves and that they can beat anyone. Danny O'Brien turned a lot of heads with his performance. If he can cut out the mental errors, he could be a darkhorse Heisman candidate in the next 2 years.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,953
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

If they wanted publicity mission accomplished. But still, they are fugly. The helmet is a hot mess.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #39
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,148
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

There should be some job vacancies on their.....fashion team today..
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,985
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

I was there last night and when they came out in those (they warmed up in the all white unis that were introduced a few weeks ago) the crowd, especially the student section, when nuts. The players have said they liked them a lot, both the look and the way they actually felt which is great because the weather was miserable.

So if the student section loved them, the players were proud of them, and a good portion of the country is talking about them, I think they were a big win.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,732
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Are the Terps' new helmets too much like to those by Charm City Roller Girls? - baltimoresun.com
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #42
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,148
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

God help them if they have a throwback uni...........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,732
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Texas A&M Aggies accepted into SEC, but legal threat delays move - ESPN
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Congrats to some of the key local teams this last week. UMD, VT and UVA getting the job done.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #45
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I was there last night and when they came out in those (they warmed up in the all white unis that were introduced a few weeks ago) the crowd, especially the student section, when nuts. The players have said they liked them a lot, both the look and the way they actually felt which is great because the weather was miserable.

So if the student section loved them, the players were proud of them, and a good portion of the country is talking about them, I think they were a big win.
Exactly right. Every sports media outlet spent time talking about the University of Maryland yesterday. That hasn't really happened since the basketball team won it all in 2002. UnderArmour is getting bigger and bigger, and this partnership is going to really boost that program. I think Edsall is a great coach, too. Big name recruits are going to start noticing this program soon if they haven't already. I'm a Florida Gator till the day I die, but I like seeing local teams do well.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35175 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25