Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,974
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Haven't you noticed that no one is bashing the janitor who failed to report Sandusky? That guy certainly was a Joe Schmoe. The whole point of this Scandal vis-a-vis Paterno was that in failing to take decisive action Paterno fell short of the moral standard and example he had set for himself and the university, even if he had obeyed the law. He was and should have been held to a higher standard. But where did that standard come from? Well, it come from the way he had lived his life, and to just pretend that he didn't have a profoundly positive impact on thousands of football players and hundreds of thousands of students is to completely miss why Paterno's involvement in this was a news story in the first place. So while the last two months aren't forgotten and forgiven just because he died, it's perverse to just blindly deny all the positive things he accomplished in his life. Anyway, human beings - including Paterno - are genuinely complex, and rarely the type of unambiguously good/evil characters we see in movies like Star Wars. Unless these people are named NC_Skins or Firstdown, in which case they are unambiguously irritating beings who have been sent to this world solely to annoy me with their insensitive and ill-considered posts.
Poor baby, did I hurt your feelings? If you read other articles, you find that this isn't the first time that JoePa covered up something bad. I think I recall reading a article where he supposedly made this claim of rape by one of his football players go away without a proper investigation. You really think this child molestation is the first case of him covering up something bad?...lol

Again, the mere fact you put this asshole on a pedestal all because of his legend a football coach speaks about your morality and character. As for the others, when they die, I too will wish that they burn in hell just like I did with JoePa. This isn't only directed at JoePa, it's directed at ALL of them involved.

Excuse me if you have a problem with me hating child molestation, obviously you are ok with it as long as the person does other good deeds.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
haven't you noticed that no one is bashing the janitor who failed to report sandusky? That guy certainly was a joe schmoe. The whole point of this scandal vis-a-vis paterno was that in failing to take decisive action paterno fell short of the moral standard and example he had set for himself and the university, even if he had obeyed the law. He was and should have been held to a higher standard. But where did that standard come from? Well, it come from the way he had lived his life, and to just pretend that he didn't have a profoundly positive impact on thousands of football players and hundreds of thousands of students is to completely miss why paterno's involvement in this was a news story in the first place. So while the last two months aren't forgotten and forgiven just because he died, it's perverse to just blindly deny all the positive things he accomplished in his life. Anyway, human beings - including paterno - are genuinely complex, and rarely the type of unambiguously good/evil characters we see in movies like star wars. Unless these people are named nc_skins or firstdown, in which case they are unambiguously irritating beings who have been sent to this world solely to annoy me with their insensitive and ill-considered posts.
outstanding post!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Poor baby, did I hurt your feelings? If you read other articles, you find that this isn't the first time that JoePa covered up something bad. I think I recall reading a article where he supposedly made this claim of rape by one of his football players go away without a proper investigation. You really think this child molestation is the first case of him covering up something bad?...lol

Again, the mere fact you put this asshole on a pedestal all because of his legend a football coach speaks about your morality and character. As for the others, when they die, I too will wish that they burn in hell just like I did with JoePa. This isn't only directed at JoePa, it's directed at ALL of them involved.

Excuse me if you have a problem with me hating child molestation, obviously you are ok with it as long as the person does other good deeds.
You don't know what you're talking about and you're not worth my time. Have a nice life.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,974
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Very well said. The main reason I said "it's sort of sad" in the initial post is for the exact reasons you pointed out. While he went out with a severely tarnished legend due to his inaction regarding the piece of garbage, Sandusky, it's hard to discount the fact that he gained that legendary status based on more than just wins.

Doesn't that speak volumes of you though? Ok, this guy did a lot of good in his life, but still allowed child molestation to go on? Would you be saying this if it were your kids? I want a answer to that.


Really? Are you people that pathetic in your morality?...lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,974
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
You don't know what you're talking about and you're not worth my time. Have a nice life.
..and you've never been sexually molested as a kid. (retracted...I've cooled down)
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-22-2012 at 01:42 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,306
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

alright guys let's cool it
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

I dont know what your deal is, NC Skins. You get so worked up about this Penn St thing it's like you take everything surrounding it personally.

Back off on the profanity, and let's try to be a little more mature when expressing a difference of opinion.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,974
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I dont know what your deal is, NC Skins. You get so worked up about this Penn St thing it's like you take everything surrounding it personally.

Back off on the profanity, and let's try to be a little more mature when expressing a difference of opinion.

Stop and think. Why would a person get so worked up about a case involving child molestation unless...*gasp*...he was molested himself? None of you know my history or my childhood, so when people are highly visible about something, chances are because it hits home with them on a personal level. As a victim, to see people sit back and celebrating some asshole all because he was a good football coach and donated money for a library doesn't cut it with me.

Not a single one of you have answered my question. Would you be wishing him "peace" if it were your kid or even you that he allowed to be molested?


edit: Also, I was attacked first for my opinion, so how about you say that to them.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-22-2012 at 01:04 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,740
The funny thing about all of this is Joe has taken more hits then Jerry S. People like lawyers go for deep pockets when they convicted.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,974
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The funny thing about all of this is Joe has taken more hits then Jerry S. People like lawyers go for deep pockets when they convicted.
I'm hoping they put that man in general population come prison time.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
RIP Joe pa.. sad way of ending a great life and career
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #27
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm hoping they put that man in general population come prison time.
I think you should just let this all go and worry about the things that you can change. This and your past seem to make you just a bitter person. In the end your angry and bitterness are just destorying your quailty of life.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #28
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Stop and think. Why would a person get so worked up about a case involving child molestation unless...*gasp*...he was molested himself? None of you know my history or my childhood, so when people are highly visible about something, chances are because it hits home with them on a personal level. As a victim, to see people sit back and celebrating some asshole all because he was a good football coach and donated money for a library doesn't cut it with me.

Not a single one of you have answered my question. Would you be wishing him "peace" if it were your kid or even you that he allowed to be molested?


edit: Also, I was attacked first for my opinion, so how about you say that to them.
I'm sorry if you were a victim as a child. That's nothing short of terrible.

However, nobody "attacked" you in this thread. They disagreed with you. Djnemo said you were irritating, but I wouldn't say that's being attacked. Telling someone to "f*ck off and die" and calling them a POS however is a different story.

Maybe it's best you just leave this thread alone. We all know how you feel. Kind of a waste of energy on your part to keep this up.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #29
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,974
Re: Joe Paterno dies at age 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think you should just let this all go and worry about the things that you can change. This and your past seem to make you just a bitter person. In the end your angry and bitterness are just destorying your quailty of life.
My life is just fine and so is the quality of my life. I lack nothing, I can love and trust people with no problems. My anger doesn't stem from what happened, it stems from being picked on as a kid and I decided that would never happen again. If you notice, I get really angry about bullies. I despise them. I don't dwell on it though, I rant, say my piece and move on.

However, when I share my feelings towards a man that allowed this type of stuff to go on, it shouldn't be met with "OMG HES A LEGENDARY COACH SO ITS OK BECAUSE HE DID A LOT OF GOOD STUFF."

It's not ok. It's insulting to the victims (both in this case and others) to glorify him, but we don't care about the victims because they really don't concern us since it's not us or our loved ones.

Try looking at the whole picture instead of trying to adjust my life. I may appear to be a "angry" dude, but the reality is I"m not.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
My life is just fine and so is the quality of my life. I lack nothing, I can love and trust people with no problems. My anger doesn't stem from what happened, it stems from being picked on as a kid and I decided that would never happen again. If you notice, I get really angry about bullies. I despise them. I don't dwell on it though, I rant, say my piece and move on.

However, when I share my feelings towards a man that allowed this type of stuff to go on, it shouldn't be met with "OMG HES A LEGENDARY COACH SO ITS OK BECAUSE HE DID A LOT OF GOOD STUFF."

It's not ok. It's insulting to the victims (both in this case and others) to glorify him, but we don't care about the victims because they really don't concern us since it's not us or our loved ones.

Try looking at the whole picture instead of trying to adjust my life. I may appear to be a "angry" dude, but the reality is I"m not.
I understand what u are saying in fact I agree, he was not such a great man as made out to be, I say he was a great coach obviously but not a human especially after knowing what those kids went through. Also if you were abused as a kid I'm sorry for u man, and I hope who ever did it gets or got what they deserved
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37087 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25