Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Super Lin-tendo!

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Super Lin-tendo!

I'm kinda a passive follower of the NBA, but man, what a great story! Never got drafted, sent to the D league numerous times, almost cut before this season. Now an NBA super star for the moment.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Linsanity...

CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

He has played 5 games (good ones) in a 82 game season. I don't understand the hype? I mean I can see Knicks fans being excited but otherwise I think a lot of it is the media needs something to hype and the NBA is desperate for hype.

That league is dead to me. How can NCAA basketball be so exciting and the NBA is just a step above WWE?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,563
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

best story of the year in the NBA, always been a closet Knicks fan. I just think its funny Melo was suppose to the be the savior and this kid is the truth. Also it was nice to see Lin out play Kobe last friday night in the garden dropping 38 on his ass
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
He has played 5 games (good ones) in a 82 game season. I don't understand the hype? I mean I can see Knicks fans being excited but otherwise I think a lot of it is the media needs something to hype and the NBA is desperate for hype.

That league is dead to me. How can NCAA basketball be so exciting and the NBA is just a step above WWE?
Five good games??

Nobody has scored more points in his first five career starts SINCE THE MERGER. Not Jordan, not Kobe, not Shaq, nobody.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

He's All Lin. Kid's balling.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Last night was my third time watching him play. I almost fell off the bar stool when he hit that three. He'll probably fall back to earth, so to speak, but the kid is a really good basketball player.

Oh, he was in the Wizards camp too.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Five good games??

Nobody has scored more points in his first five career starts SINCE THE MERGER. Not Jordan, not Kobe, not Shaq, nobody.
so what?? you will forget his name in year.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

It's a shame idiots like Floyd Mayweather and Jason Whitlock can't leave race out of it:

Jason Whitlock Shows True Colors on Twitter with Lame Jeremy Lin Tweet | Bleacher Report

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Racist Comments About Jeremy Lin a Disgrace - a Fan's Take - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

When was he in Wizards camp?

Regardless of whether he's forgotten in a year, which I seriously doubt, why dismiss what he's accomplished these past several games? It's a historic performance.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
He has played 5 games (good ones) in a 82 game season. I don't understand the hype? I mean I can see Knicks fans being excited but otherwise I think a lot of it is the media needs something to hype and the NBA is desperate for hype.

That league is dead to me. How can NCAA basketball be so exciting and the NBA is just a step above WWE?



Cable top 15RankShow name
Network



Day, time
Viewers in millions



1.Walking Dead
AMC



Sun., 9
8.1



2.Jersey Shore
MTV



Thu., 10
5.4



3.Pawn Stars
History



Mon., 10:30
5.2



4.Gold Rush
DISC



Fri., 9
4.8



*Pawn Stars
History



Mon., 10
4.8



*WWE Raw
USA



Mon., 9
4.8



7.The Lion King
Disney



Sat., 7:30
4.7



*Swamp People
History



Thu., 9
4.7



9.WWE Raw
USA



Mon., 10
2 of the top 10...might want to rethink its popularity?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
so what?? you will forget his name in year.
Doubt it. How could he be worse going forward than other very good players at his position like Jrue Holiday and Ty Lawson? He'll at least outpace them.

You're probably right in saying he won't sustain this level of Rajon Rondo/Derrick Rose ish production. But he doesn't need to do that to keep the Knicks winning. He doesn't even need to be Steve Nash. It's all up to Carmelo, if he meshes with Lin and changes his ball-hog mindset, that team will run deep in the playoffs.

You might forget his name because you're not an NBA fan. I don't see how he drops out of the sport world's consciousness, though.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Doubt it. How could he be worse going forward than other very good players at his position like Jrue Holiday and Ty Lawson? He'll at least outpace them.

You're probably right in saying he won't sustain this level of Rajon Rondo/Derrick Rose ish production. But he doesn't need to do that to keep the Knicks winning. He doesn't even need to be Steve Nash. It's all up to Carmelo, if he meshes with Lin and changes his ball-hog mindset, that team will run deep in the playoffs.

You might forget his name because you're not an NBA fan. I don't see how he drops out of the sport world's consciousness, though.

I love the NBA have watch as long as the NFL it is just gotten to the point where it seems fake to me. Thus my WWE reference.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Cable top 15RankShow name
Network



Day, time
Viewers in millions



1.Walking Dead
AMC



Sun., 9
8.1



2.Jersey Shore
MTV



Thu., 10
5.4



3.Pawn Stars
History



Mon., 10:30
5.2



4.Gold Rush
DISC



Fri., 9
4.8



*Pawn Stars
History



Mon., 10
4.8



*WWE Raw
USA



Mon., 9
4.8



7.The Lion King
Disney



Sat., 7:30
4.7



*Swamp People
History



Thu., 9
4.7



9.WWE Raw
USA



Mon., 10
2 of the top 10...might want to rethink its popularity?
I was not questioning it's popularity but it's realism.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #15
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Super Lin-tendo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I was not questioning it's popularity but it's realism.
The NBA is fake? I don't follow.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29988 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25