Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Other Sports


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #121
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Definitely Werth.


Is Chein-Ming Wang still on the Nats' roster? He's been rehabbing for years if so.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  

Advertisements
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #122
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Definitely Werth.


Is Chein-Ming Wang still on the Nats' roster? He's been rehabbing for years if so.
Gets his first start tonight.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #123
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
which is going to be the worst contract for the Nats: Jason Werth or Ryan Zimmerman? Werth was a bad signing, Zim is a much better player...but that was a ton of money. Zim stays banged up.
In the long run, Werth, but lets be honest, nobody should expect him to be here for 7 years. As far as immediate, Ryan Zimmerman. The guy has been consistently injured and has shown no signs of getting away from them.

Throw in now the production drop in defense and offense. I mean at least when Werth was slumping his D was good, Zimmerman isn't even doing that.

With who we have in the minors, I thought it would have been a good choice to try and trade Zimmerman.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #124
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
In the long run, Werth, but lets be honest, nobody should expect him to be here for 7 years. As far as immediate, Ryan Zimmerman. The guy has been consistently injured and has shown no signs of getting away from them.

Throw in now the production drop in defense and offense. I mean at least when Werth was slumping his D was good, Zimmerman isn't even doing that.

With who we have in the minors, I thought it would have been a good choice to try and trade Zimmerman.
????

Zim is still probably the best defensive 3rd basemen in the league. A few errors don't mitigate the overall quality of his play defensively.

And seriously... they're not even a third of the way into the season and you're already calling it a "production drop". Really?
FRPLG is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #125
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,345
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
????

Zim is still probably the best defensive 3rd basemen in the league. A few errors don't mitigate the overall quality of his play defensively.

And seriously... they're not even a third of the way into the season and you're already calling it a "production drop". Really?
Zim is a top notch defensive player at 3rd, ill give you that, but check out the hitting and his rank alongside his peers at his position:

2012 Regular Season MLB Baseball Batting Statistics - MLB Third Basemen - Major League Baseball - ESPN

its pretty poor, especially his BA and SLG %s. I expect his production at least in the top 10 at 3rd, he's being paid as a top 5 3rd-bman.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #126
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
And seriously... they're not even a third of the way into the season and you're already calling it a "production drop". Really?
Yes, I am. We paid him BIG money and he's done NOTHING to show for it. We complained about Werth last season, Zimmerman deserves the same scrutiny.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #127
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Nationals are a joke when it comes to pitching to HR hitters. First base open and you don't pitch around Stanton? No logic whatsoever.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline  
Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #128
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,166
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

orioles leading division w no team under .500
nats leading division w only one team under .500

last time orioles had a winning season, i was in middle school.
i wasn't alive the last time they won the series.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 06-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #129
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,061
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Damn you Brad Lidge. You are just as bad as a reliever as you were as the closer. Anytime he comes in the game I feel like it's a 50/50 proposal as to whether or not we escape the inning without giving up 1 or more runs.
mooby is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #130
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,205
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Damn you Brad Lidge. You are just as bad as a reliever as you were as the closer. Anytime he comes in the game I feel like it's a 50/50 proposal as to whether or not we escape the inning without giving up 1 or more runs.
i feel you there, but at least they were in a spot to win the game in the bottom of the inning. and if harper were a little older he would know better than to swing on the first pitch with two on in the bottom of the 14th. let's hope they get one today, they've only been swept twice this year.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #131
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,879
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Lot of rumors circulating this morning that Lidge has been released. No confirmation yet
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #132
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,003
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Nats-Yankees: Tyler Moore was safe - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

Damnit! I blame that ump for the 4 1/2 extra innings of sunburn I got sitting in the centerfield stands yesterday.
Then again, S happens.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #133
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,879
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Tough tough weekend
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #134
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,166
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Tough tough weekend
seriously, the nats couldn't help out the o's just once?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #135
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
orioles leading division w no team under .500
nats leading division w only one team under .500

last time orioles had a winning season, i was in middle school.
i wasn't alive the last time they won the series.
I was 11

days old that is
tryfuhl is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30068 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25