Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


2012 NBA Playoffs

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,758
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Incoming Kobe blaming everybody but himself in 5...4...3...2...






Also to note:

Orlando Magic part ways with coach Stan Van Gundy, general manager Otis Smith - ESPN


Wonder what took them so long. This is one of the reasons why the NBA is such a crappy product. You have the "stars" running the teams. You don't see that shit in the NFL. Imagine if Tom Brady went to Bob Kraft and wanted Bill Bellicheat fired?...lol
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,758
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Sources -- Shaquille O'Neal to discuss GM opening with Orlando Magic - ESPN

Shaq for GM? Really? Really? My goodness these owners/presidents decisions are just mind boggling.

Yeah, that's the guy I want leading my team. A guy who pretty much had a feud in every location he went (Orlando/LA/Miami), and a dude that had a half-ass work ethic and got by on his size alone. Yeah, that's the kind of guy I want leading me NBA team! Hey, no wonder and and Dwight get along so well, they have so much in common. (lazy, self-entitled)
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Ha...Sixers won again. Game 7 coming up.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,888
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Sources -- Shaquille O'Neal to discuss GM opening with Orlando Magic - ESPN

Shaq for GM? Really? Really? My goodness these owners/presidents decisions are just mind boggling.

Yeah, that's the guy I want leading my team. A guy who pretty much had a feud in every location he went (Orlando/LA/Miami), and a dude that had a half-ass work ethic and got by on his size alone. Yeah, that's the kind of guy I want leading me NBA team! Hey, no wonder and and Dwight get along so well, they have so much in common. (lazy, self-entitled)
Yeah, I haven't seen anything to suggest Shaq would make a good GM, let alone an adequate GM. I don't even think he has any experience in a scouting role either.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Ha...Sixers won again. Game 7 coming up.
I am big Celtics fan and I have to to say that is the worst series of basketball I have seen in a long time. They should rename it the brick layers convection. I kind of hope the C's get knocked off; it will be painful to watch them in the next round.

The Celtics totally drag their asses and then when they decide to play they crush Philly. Game 4 was a complete joke; they totally just put it on cruise control and surrender that big lead.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,758
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I am big Celtics fan and I have to to say that is the worst series of basketball I have seen in a long time. They should rename it the brick layers convection. I kind of hope the C's get knocked off; it will be painful to watch them in the next round.

The Celtics totally drag their asses and then when they decide to play they crush Philly. Game 4 was a complete joke; they totally just put it on cruise control and surrender that big lead.
That team is just old. I'll be surprised if Doc hangs around after this season. Yeah, I know he signed a 5 year contract last season, but he knows that team isn't going anywhere with the aging talent it has on it currently. Rondo is their only decent player to note.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,063
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That team is just old. I'll be surprised if Doc hangs around after this season. Yeah, I know he signed a 5 year contract last season, but he knows that team isn't going anywhere with the aging talent it has on it currently. Rondo is their only decent player to note.
Rondo, Bradley, a returning healthy Jeff Green, 2 first round picks in a deep draft, Brandon Bass. They still have a good nucleus to build around.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Rondo, Bradley, a returning healthy Jeff Green, 2 first round picks in a deep draft, Brandon Bass. They still have a good nucleus to build around.
That is what sucks big time is not having Green to spell Pierce and Bradley out as well.

I think you let KG and Allen walk and start retooling. Allen is totally cooked.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,525
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

For me it's anyone but the Celtics. Don't like the Heat, but eventually they'll wind up with one (would be so sweet if they didn't).
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #25
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Blah, Heat's best chance to lose in the East was the Pacers.

Lets hope for a Sixers run now.

I'm putting my vote for OKC to win it all.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Blah, Heat's best chance to lose in the East was the Pacers.

Lets hope for a Sixers run now.

I'm putting my vote for OKC to win it all.

Actually the Heat match up horribly to the Celtics. They have no answer for Rondo. C's lead regular season 3-1.

Should be a good game on Sat night; I be shocked if the C's lose.

I agree OKC for it all.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #27
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,758
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Celtics don't have much of a chance to beat the Heat.




In other news, Ricky Rubio watches the NBA playoffs.

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,654
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

God are the NBA playoffs getting worse? College basketball and the bracket is head and shoulders above that garbage last night. The fact Boston makes it to the eastern finals tells you all you need to know about the current state of the league: crap.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Celtics don't have much of a chance to beat the Heat.




In other news, Ricky Rubio watches the NBA playoffs.


He's heading back to Europe already?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #30
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,758
Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Good article here about Dwight Howard and the Magic.

McNulty: Dwight Howard bullied his way to Magic changes


You'd think that owners would have learned from the Cleveland/LeBron James fiasco to never allow players to run their franchises or have any say so on decisions. The moment you put the player before you do your franchise, you are going to lose out. It's sickening how these teams cater to these prima-donnas.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38259 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25