Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #106
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

The east is horrible. I mean maybe the least talented, poorest teams in the history the league, horrible. I personally think the league should at least contract 2 teams. There is alot of bad basketball being played by a ton of overpaid guys.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #107
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,217
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I find it very hard to hate the Spurs. They do things the right way from top to bottom. A model organization across all major sports
I agree with this man.




Also, I thought this was pretty hilarious.

2013 NBA playoffs: Gregg Popovich vs. sideline reporters - ESPN


I feel for those reporters having to cover him.....hahaha At least he has a good sense of humor about things (at times).
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #108
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,547
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Indiana Pacers Feel Stupid For Believing In Themselves | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #109
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,547
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Oh, well. Congratulations to Miami. Yay.

This was the probably the last chance for Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker to win one together. If only Ray Allen had been injured in Game 6...
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #110
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

James does it again, yet people still want to hate
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #111
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,872
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
James does it again, yet people still want to hate
Seriously. People should try to catch the second video on ESPN's front page right now. Michael Eric Dyson breaks it down... The hate makes little sense, especially when compared to the legendary MJ or Kobe.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #112
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
James does it again, yet people still want to hate
Greatest player right now and will be one of the greatest players ever. If he can stay healthy I think he will take over Larry Bird's spot as the greatest small forward ever.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #113
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,547
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
James does it again, yet people still want to hate
I hope you're not talking about me. I have nothing but respect and admiration for LeBron James. He's a phenomenal athlete, and one of the best in NBA history. I love Mike Miller and Shane Battier, too. But, as one bumper sticker said: San Antonio; built, not bought.

On an unrelated note: I've heard rumors on a Rockets forum that Dwight Howard is possibly coming to the Rockets next year. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or upset. He'd add a lot of talent, but I've never really liked the guy for some reason.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #114
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I hope you're not talking about me. I have nothing but respect and admiration for LeBron James. He's a phenomenal athlete, and one of the best in NBA history. I love Mike Miller and Shane Battier, too. But, as one bumper sticker said: San Antonio; built, not bought.

On an unrelated note: I've heard rumors on a Rockets forum that Dwight Howard is possibly coming to the Rockets next year. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or upset. He'd add a lot of talent, but I've never really liked the guy for some reason.
Nope just a general statement on my part.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #115
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

NBA = Most boring sport in the US currently

Wow the Heat won again hooray.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #116
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,547
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
NBA = Most boring sport in the US currently

Wow the Heat won again hooray.
Okay, so you wouldn't have survived in the '70s when the Celtics won 8 in a row.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #117
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
NBA = Most boring sport in the US currently

Wow the Heat won again hooray.
this is a sport where the college product is head and shoulders above the professional league. It doesnt get much better than College Basketball...March Madness is done right, imo just a notch behind the NFL/Superbowl playoffs.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #118
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Okay, so you wouldn't have survived in the '70s when the Celtics won 8 in a row.
I think you mean the late 50's to early 60's.

I am Celtics fan been all my life. The game today is so diffrent then even when Bird and Magic played. It just seems so forced like the media declaring game 6 of this years finals legendary. Really?

I loved the NBA during Jordan's runs because other teams were just as good he was the difference maker. IDK just not the same for me anymore. I feel like the whole league lacks parity.

The Pacers and Spurs are the only teams that remind of the old days.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #119
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
this is a sport where the college product is head and shoulders above the professional league. It doesnt get much better than College Basketball...March Madness is done right, imo just a notch behind the NFL/Superbowl playoffs.
If college football had a real playoff, I could make a case that college football would take over professional football as the better product.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #120
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think you mean the late 50's to early 60's.

I am Celtics fan been all my life. The game today is so diffrent then even when Bird and Magic played. It just seems so forced like the media declaring game 6 of this years finals legendary. Really?

I loved the NBA during Jordan's runs because other teams were just as good he was the difference maker. IDK just not the same for me anymore. I feel like the whole league lacks parity.

The Pacers and Spurs are the only teams that remind of the old days.
David Stern made it this way by protecting his superstars, part of that is due to Jordan and how the Pistons would beat him up.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25919 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25