Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


NBA Season 2013-2014

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #106
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Gortat Returns

I figured he'd get around 12. I'd hold off on overpaying Ariza.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #107
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,096
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Gortat Returns

I figured he'd get around 12. I'd hold off on overpaying Ariza.
i agree but Martell Webster back issue has comeback and he will be out for awhile. IMO i rather pay Ariza 8.5 mil per than overpay Lou Deng who effing sux.

I was hoping for a shorter deal with maybe a team option for a fifth year, but 12 per is about right for Gortat in this division. Remember, Hibbert is making like 14.9 this upcoming season, al jefferson like 13.5, and chris bosh 11.5(but will increase yearly to like 15 mil per in his newly signed 5 year contract)

I thought for sure we were going G Monroe over Gortat...rather have more of a power guy than a finesse guy down low all day.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
i agree but Martell Webster back issue has comeback and he will be out for awhile. IMO i rather pay Ariza 8.5 mil per than overpay Lou Deng who effing sux.

I was hoping for a shorter deal with maybe a team option for a fifth year, but 12 per is about right for Gortat in this division. Remember, Hibbert is making like 14.9 this upcoming season, al jefferson like 13.5, and chris bosh 11.5(but will increase yearly to like 15 mil per in his newly signed 5 year contract)

I thought for sure we were going G Monroe over Gortat...rather have more of a power guy than a finesse guy down low all day.
I've got a suspicion that Ariza's going to command at least 10... there are more than a few teams that could use his skill set- especially after the season he had. You're right about Webster- but it's time to throw Otto into the fire. He was the #3 pick (albeit in a weak draft) and he'll never get better without burn. The team would definitely take a step back at the 3 position in the short term, but Ariza's next contract is going to be for at least four years... I know Wall wants him back, but our FO can't become the Lakers and placate the star player just because.

Agreed on Gortat over Monroe. Gortat's older, but his mileage isn't as high as other players his age. I think we'll have him during his prime years.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #109
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Contract estimates are getting crazy this offseason. Gordon Hayward is about to get maxed by the Cavs!
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #110
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,096
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Contract estimates are getting crazy this offseason. Gordon Hayward is about to get maxed by the Cavs!
That's completely insane. Stephenson must be seeing dollar signs hearing that.

I would not give ariza 10 per.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #111
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,096
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I've got a suspicion that Ariza's going to command at least 10... there are more than a few teams that could use his skill set- especially after the season he had. You're right about Webster- but it's time to throw Otto into the fire. He was the #3 pick (albeit in a weak draft) and he'll never get better without burn. The team would definitely take a step back at the 3 position in the short term, but Ariza's next contract is going to be for at least four years... I know Wall wants him back, but our FO can't become the Lakers and placate the star player just because.

Agreed on Gortat over Monroe. Gortat's older, but his mileage isn't as high as other players his age. I think we'll have him during his prime years.
Gortat and Nene are a aggressive, power combo down low and I would love to add another vet off the bench with that same style. I see a lot of soft down low in the east which works to our advantage. I would like to see maybe Chris Anderson, or even a Kendrick Perkins on a one year deal to come off the bench and just bring a little toughness to go with miller on that second unit. Ernie made a mistake offering seraphine and not booker on that option. Seraphine was a disappointment last year
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #112
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Contract estimates are getting crazy this offseason. Gordon Hayward is about to get maxed by the Cavs!
Hayward is, in my opinion, probably the best SF no one is talking about. Doesn't mean I'd give him the max though. He's the perfect complimentary piece. I hesitate to offer max deals to anyone but top players
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #113
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,096
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hayward is, in my opinion, probably the best SF no one is talking about. Doesn't mean I'd give him the max though. He's the perfect complimentary piece. I hesitate to offer max deals to anyone but top players
I'd had heard the celtics really wanted hayward with the obvious connection. No way is that guy a max deal type. I rather give chandler parsons that money. Hayward is a turnover machine and really didn't shoot it that great. Max guys can carry teams, like u said Hayward is a complimentary player. I'd like him as a third option, but sometimes he can get all Jeff green on you.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #114
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,762
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Kyle Lowry agrees to 4-year, $48 million contract with Toronto Raptors - ESPN

Thought he would make more money. Miami really wanted him as well according to a lot of reporters.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #115
Camp Scrub
 
HoustonSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 45
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Wizards are starting their courtship of Ariza. If they sign Ariza, will they have enough room for Durant in a couple years, assuming he leaves OKC?
HoustonSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #116
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hayward is, in my opinion, probably the best SF no one is talking about. Doesn't mean I'd give him the max though. He's the perfect complimentary piece. I hesitate to offer max deals to anyone but top players
Hayward is very good... just needs to bulk up a bit in order to finish drives.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #117
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Kyle Lowry agrees to 4-year, $48 million contract with Toronto Raptors - ESPN

Thought he would make more money. Miami really wanted him as well according to a lot of reporters.
This is a great contract for Toronto... Lowry is a beast defensively, as well.

Also good to see Livingston get a deal from the Warriors. I thought this guy was going to change the point guard position before his injury.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #118
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Don't know how I feel about Caron visiting
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #119
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,166
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

So where do you think LeBron and Melo end up? I'm thinking Melo heads to either Dallas or Houston.

Hoping Houston pursues Kevin Love. If we got Love and Rondo, that would definitely be a success. Heck, just getting Love would be a success. But obviously I'd be happy with LeBron or Melo as well.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #120
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,444
Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post
Wizards are starting their courtship of Ariza. If they sign Ariza, will they have enough room for Durant in a couple years, assuming he leaves OKC?
Lol, I can picture it now. The decision featuring Trevor Ariza

With that said it would be much easier to part with Ariza at this point if Porter Jr wasn't injury prone not to mention a little further along in his development. However most importantly in regards to us possibly loosing Ariza.........WHO WILL I USE TO DEFEND THE OTHER TEAMS TOP SCORER IN NBA 2K?!!?!?!?!?!

As for Durant well I found this funny picture about a week ago:


I don't think Durant would be the type to leave OKC unless things really got bad. And in regards to the DC area and its teams I don't think Durants fan dom goes much further than the Redskins. Maybe the Nationals as well giving he has a tattoo of the teams logo.

However keep in mind this is the same guy that decided to go to Texas for college ball instead of Georgetown, Maryland, or even George Mason.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« MLB 2014 Season | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28310 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25