Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


CFL Versus NFL Game

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #46
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins
Hey make the Pro Bowl interesting. Have the NFL All Pros play the CFL All Pros. Alternate between the NFL rules and the CFL rules.
WARNING! For someone to suggest such an "absurd" idea is to run the risk of being laughed out of this forum by 99.99% of its adherents. I see you are from the US which will probably mitigate their wrath. You've got "balls" though.
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,958
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair jock
WARNING! For someone to suggest such an "absurd" idea is to run the risk of being laughed out of this forum by 99.99% of its adherents. I see you are from the US which will probably mitigate their wrath. You've got "balls" though.
I thought you weren't coming back? So now not only are you totally naive and/or misinformed you are also a liar.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #48
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
I thought you weren't coming back? So now not only are you totally naive and/or misinformed you are also a liar.
Admit it you are glad to have me back. Aren't you sport? By the way, that naive shot really hurt.
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #49
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair jock
WARNING! For someone to suggest such an "absurd" idea is to run the risk of being laughed out of this forum by 99.99% of its adherents. I see you are from the US which will probably mitigate their wrath. You've got "balls" though.
I assumed that this forum has a sense of humor. I guess you didn't get it.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #50
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

personally,i would love to see the canadian league become a rivalry with the nfl like the old afl was!since the CFL has a few different regulations they would have to be worked out for the"Super Bowl."or whatever it wo be called.
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #51
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
pparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins
I assumed that this forum has a sense of humor. I guess you didn't get it.
Apparently not. Do you think the post above this one comes from a funny guy as well?
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:56 AM   #52
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair jock
Oh, one more thing fellas. After watching that "YAWNER" that is called the Superbowl, I now agree that an NFL team would beat an all-star team from the CFL. No doubt, they would bore the CFL to death - (7 - 3) after the half - give me a break. With all their so-called superior talent you think they would put up numbers that didn't mirror a soccer score. WOW, you guys can keep it; I will continue to follow the much more exciting CFL.
blah blah blah, stay angry, keep hating.

The defenses on both teams were very good. Maybe they don't play defense in canada? either way, it wasn't a very good super bowl unlike the previous two years.

btw, if you want basketball scores, the AFL has a lot more points than the CFL... or women's semi-pro where you have a lot of 100-0 type games as well
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #53
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

[QUOTE=That Guy]blah blah blah, stay angry, keep hating.

I can assure you sir that my post has nothing to do with hating; it has to do with my observation about the game itself. I assumed that this is what this forum is for. If you want to see borderline hate, look at some of the previous posts made by others. I have tried to keep my conversation somewhat football oriented. Many others have taken the opportunity to go on the attack which is not surprising based on what I know of Americans. If you don't realize it already, the vast majority of Americans that I have talked with don't believe that anything of value exists outside of their own border. Many of the posters in this forum have just confirmed that.
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #54
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

[QUOTE=armchair jock]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
blah blah blah, stay angry, keep hating.

I can assure you sir that my post has nothing to do with hating; it has to do with my observation about the game itself. I assumed that this is what this forum is for. If you want to see borderline hate, look at some of the previous posts made by others. I have tried to keep my conversation somewhat football oriented. Many others have taken the opportunity to go on the attack which is not surprising based on what I know of Americans. If you don't realize it already, the vast majority of Americans that I have talked with don't believe that anything of value exists outside of their own border. Many of the posters in this forum have just confirmed that.
you realize you started insulting people first and you continue to lash out while telling people your the victim right? All while making brash generalizations and nation-baiting :P

drop the arrogance. You stopped the debate a million posts ago and haven't answered any of the points i made or brought up any new facts. Instead its just space wasted with pointless insults.

How many NFL players have jumped to the CFL when both leagues would give them contracts? How many in the last 15 years? I'd guess the answer would be zero. How many have bolted canada to join the NFL though? Of those offered contracts i'd make a very conservative guess of 80%. If one league can suck talent out of every other league in the world at such a high rate, what makes you think they could compete besides the words of one ex-qb who didn't want to insult his CFL teammates and has never held a scout or general manager's post?

If you don't want to debate facts, you're just trolling. But everything you're claiming about othersyou've been guilty of too, and you've generally been the first to start it as well
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #55
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Talking Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

[QUOTE=That Guy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair jock

you realize you started insulting people first and you continue to lash out while telling people your the victim right? All while making brash generalizations and nation-baiting :P

drop the arrogance. You stopped the debate a million posts ago and haven't answered any of the points i made or brought up any new facts. Instead its just space wasted with pointless insults.

How many NFL players have jumped to the CFL when both leagues would give them contracts? How many in the last 15 years? I'd guess the answer would be zero. How many have bolted canada to join the NFL though? Of those offered contracts i'd make a very conservative guess of 80%. If one league can suck talent out of every other league in the world at such a high rate, what makes you think they could compete besides the words of one ex-qb who didn't want to insult his CFL teammates and has never held a scout or general manager's post?

If you don't want to debate facts, you're just trolling. But everything you're claiming about othersyou've been guilty of too, and you've generally been the first to start it as well
If your perspective is accurate, then I fit right in don't I? Does this mean we are all brothers?
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,958
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

[QUOTE=armchair jock]
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
blah blah blah, stay angry, keep hating.

I can assure you sir that my post has nothing to do with hating; it has to do with my observation about the game itself. I assumed that this is what this forum is for. If you want to see borderline hate, look at some of the previous posts made by others. I have tried to keep my conversation somewhat football oriented. Many others have taken the opportunity to go on the attack which is not surprising based on what I know of Americans. If you don't realize it already, the vast majority of Americans that I have talked with don't believe that anything of value exists outside of their own border. Many of the posters in this forum have just confirmed that.
I think you need to name names if you are going to generalize. All you're doing is angering a entire forum when you simply say "others". Who are you talking about? What was said that led you to believe anyone "hated" the CFL? I would venture a guess that most here simply have little respect for it. Not hate. In fact I am damn sure that just about every comment here has been about our ability to respect the CFL. Why don't we stick to things that can be supported with honest arguments instead of going flamestyle when you encounter a vast group who simply disagrees with you? Open you eyes man you are the one perpetuating this entire thing.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #57
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Question Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

[QUOTE=FRPLG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair jock
I think you need to name names if you are going to generalize. All you're doing is angering a entire forum when you simply say "others". Who are you talking about? What was said that led you to believe anyone "hated" the CFL? I would venture a guess that most here simply have little respect for it. Not hate. In fact I am damn sure that just about every comment here has been about our ability to respect the CFL. Why don't we stick to things that can be supported with honest arguments instead of going flamestyle when you encounter a vast group who simply disagrees with you? Open you eyes man you are the one perpetuating this entire thing.
Gee where to begin. Let's see: you say: "I would venture a guess that most here simply have little respect for it. Not hate. In fact I am damn sure that just about every comment has been about our ability to respect the CFL." Do you not see the nonsensical contradiction in these two sentences?
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #58
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper
Why would we send NFL all stars when any college team in the top 25 could whoop the all-stars from America Jr?
Does this quote sound like respect?
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #59
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
The best players in the CFL might make teams in the NFL but I wouldn't bet on any of them starting. The talent differnce isn't even immense. It is beyond immense. Any NFL team could beat an allstar CFL team hands down. An allstar NFL team might actually hurt a significant portion of a CFL allstar team. Score prediction: 69-3
Does this resemble anything close to repect?
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #60
Camp Scrub
 
armchair jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Re: CFL Versus NFL Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by skns03
i think the cfl is a waste of time and money arena football is the best
Would you consider this quote respectful?
armchair jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39192 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25