Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Competition With the ES Board

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,567
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I understand your objection.

Prohibiting posters from making gutless personal attacks from the safety of your keyboard would cramp your style...wouldn't it?

I can also understand why you and the others are unconcerned about the membership numbers. None of you are identified as contributors. You take but you don't pay for the privilege.
Huddle, I wouldn't worry about this stuff too much. Personally when someone attacks me or makes fun of what I post - it's no skin off my back. The same safety that allows people to attack another with anonimity (sp ?) here is also the same safe anonimity that allows me to also post my honest opinion. I try to steer anyway from attacking anyone on here and try to not engage in that behavior if someone attacks me. That doesn't excuse anyone's rude behavior on here, but taking things too seriously on any discussion board will eat at you.

And personally I have learned to consciously be aware when someone attacks me in any manner, and not let it affect me in a negative way. It doesn't mean I have to ignore it in all cases, I just choose to try to react to it differently from the way the attacker did.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle
I understand your objection.

Prohibiting posters from making gutless personal attacks from the safety of your keyboard would cramp your style...wouldn't it?

I can also understand why you and the others are unconcerned about the membership numbers. None of you are identified as contributors. You take but you don't pay for the privilege.
Did you just say Cpayne5 isn't a contributor? I know you couldn't have just said that. Cpayne5 is one our top contributors-he gives us monetary donations, he offers up his own server space, he compresses video and audio files for us. So don't go say that he doesn't pay for this privilege. He contributes greatly to it in many many ways.

This site prides itself on the quality its members, not the quantity. And Cpayne5 is one our top members. There is no question about that at all (Cpayne, the check's in the mail right)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #18
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Just a question Huddle...

What's with all the crusade? I mean talk about making controversy for sake of controversy. I don't think it's been stated or implied that this site is trying to "beat" ES. I frequent that site as well. Some of us just prefer this one because it's more of a family atmosphere and your voice is "heard". I would think that this, among other reasons, is why (and I'm not speaking for everyone here) we would prefer the membership stay with quality over quantity.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #19
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

i dont think huddle plays well with others
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Huddle would have just loved our original April Fool's plan...a mega-merger with Extremeskins. That would have solved all these problems.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #21
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 25
Posts: 5,635
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

ahhhh "personal attacks" are back! Last year at this very time everyone was using the word personal attack.
DOn't personally attack me.
No you personal attacked me first.
O no you di'int.

That was the best!!1!
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #22
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,567
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
O no you di'int.
I just imagine someone saying this with an attitude neck roll, but said better when said indirectly (he/she instead of you):

O no he/she di'int.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #23
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,216
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Huddle, as usual, you're making no sense to me. What makes you think we're in competition with ES? And how do you tell who wins the 'competition'? Do you count members?

I can only speak for myself, but I actually think a smaller number of posters on a site like this is better. We have a pretty intimate setting here where we've had the ability to get to know each other and our opinions because the board isn't flooded with 20,000 members writing posts every second. I wouldn't want anything to change.

And your whole argument is just wierd. You're basically saying the mods should try to direct the discussions on here towards anti-homerism? Because the whole appeal of these forums is an opportunity to state your opinion, no matter what it is. When the mods are participating in a Redskins discussion, they're rarely posting as mods. They're posting as regular members of the site, giving their opinion. I would want them to keep expressing their opinions however they see fit, because they're not just the Administrators, they're part of the community too. A good forum allows for the free expression of ideas and thoughts, and doesn't try to steer discussion in one direction or another. I can't imagine why we'd want to change that.
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #24
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,216
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

In the end Huddle, it just comes across like you're getting tired of being told you're wrong by everyone. So instead you're asking the mods to direct site discussions more in line with the way you think. Instead, you could consider the very real possibility that you are almost always wrong.

My guess is you tried ExtremeSkins and you realized how much people disagree with you there. Then you tried this place and realized how much people disagree with you here. Could it be that you're just way off base with every post you write?
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,515
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

I used to visit other sites but they never really appealed to me. This is kinda like my home away form home.

The Warpath is the Cheers to my Norm!!!
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 8,317
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

I'm staying away from this thread. A lot of people appear to have hit their monthly cycle. Have some Tums, Midol and chill.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 25
Posts: 5,635
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath
I just imagine someone saying this with an attitude neck roll, but said better when said indirectly (he/she instead of you):

O no he/she di'int.
Perfection.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:27 AM   #28
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,154
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Once again, of all the people asking for others to argue the topic, YOU shouldn't be one of them. Its something you simply cannot do. You also make personal attacks, so i'm not sure why you continue to act like you're somehow above the fray or better than anyone else.

Its like your whole purpose here is to try and prove you're smarter than anyone else, but so far you've not only disproved that mightily, you've also come off as smug, condescending, arrogant, and totally out of touch with reality.

The site is most definately not in competition with ES, its completely different in that it offers a closer community (people know each other) and a much lower signal to noise ratio. Offering a fan site that's against fans is STUPID and its not a good way to keep a site running. There are plenty of realists here, and if you can't see that, you're welcome to start your own redskins site where instead of talking about the skins all you do is bitch constantly about pointless and trivial things, make some truly retarded statements (its not a personal attack, if you think it is, I'll repeat them all over again), and somehow act like your sh*t don't stink.

The world does NOT adapt to you. Your problems with reality should NOT become our problems, so please stop trying to pawn them off on us like its our fault you can't make any sort of logical arguement or admit when you're wrong.

("I can't be wrong, I'm too smart, its just the 6billion other people that are wrong.") Maybe your mom said you were special one too many times, but its time to grow up and get real.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #29
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 34
Posts: 3,503
Re: The Competition With the ES Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10
Huddle, as usual, you're making no sense to me. What makes you think we're in competition with ES? And how do you tell who wins the 'competition'? Do you count members?

I can only speak for myself, but I actually think a smaller number of posters on a site like this is better. We have a pretty intimate setting here where we've had the ability to get to know each other and our opinions because the board isn't flooded with 20,000 members writing posts every second. I wouldn't want anything to change.

And your whole argument is just wierd. You're basically saying the mods should try to direct the discussions on here towards anti-homerism? Because the whole appeal of these forums is an opportunity to state your opinion, no matter what it is. When the mods are participating in a Redskins discussion, they're rarely posting as mods. They're posting as regular members of the site, giving their opinion. I would want them to keep expressing their opinions however they see fit, because they're not just the Administrators, they're part of the community too. A good forum allows for the free expression of ideas and thoughts, and doesn't try to steer discussion in one direction or another. I can't imagine why we'd want to change that.
INTIMATE? ,I never knew you felt that way. .
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36746 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25