Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F...Homework

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #16
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: F...Homework

matty, congrats!come join us out here in the real world
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #17
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,594
Re: F...Homework

Yes, the real world is great. If you find a job where you get paid well and get 5 week of vacation like I do.

I mean paid "well" in the sense I can get by. Congratulations and good luck!
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #18
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: F...Homework

I don't miss homework, but shit I work more now than I had homework back when I was in school.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:37 AM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: F...Homework

LOL don't worry I've been in the real world all along, I did my MBA part-time at night, 2 classes per semester for the last 2 years.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #20
Special Teams
 
CooleyAsCanBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 414
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
Yes, the real world is great. If you find a job where you get paid well and get 5 week of vacation like I do.

I mean paid "well" in the sense I can get by. Congratulations and good luck!
You live in France Malcom?
CooleyAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #21
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: F...Homework

this year im taking a management class with homework,and i would trade work in to have schoolwork and homework any day of the week.enjoy your homework because all(well maybe not all)the fun and games stop once you get into the working world
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #22
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: F...Homework

matty that makes it even more special.enjoy your new status Mr. M.B.A
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #23
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,594
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe
You live in France Malcom?
Nah, where I work when you're "administrative" you get 5 weeks of vacation.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,863
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Just call me Mattyk72, MBA

:thumb:
congrats on the mba matty! time to clock the dollars!!!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe
Now it is time to test the debate about whether or not an MBA is worth the investment...
I think it is but I don't know much. I think a lot depends on where you go undergrad. If you are going to a great undergrad school in the top 10 there is less of a reason. I am going to UMD smith for undergrad next year and I am definately going to try for an MBA. It is hard and there is a lot of work but I think it'll be worth it. I mean starting salaries are crazy different for MBAs and for undergrad degrees. UMD smith undergrad average is like 44,000 vs. the MBA students who start at 81,000. Now I assume that the MBA students had nice jobs before that led to them having a good pay but I still think MBAs are worth it. Now matty can say Mattyk12, MBA at the bottom of every post just like this

Mattyk12, MBA
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:06 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
I think it is but I don't know much. I think a lot depends on where you go undergrad. If you are going to a great undergrad school in the top 10 there is less of a reason. I am going to UMD smith for undergrad next year and I am definately going to try for an MBA. It is hard and there is a lot of work but I think it'll be worth it. I mean starting salaries are crazy different for MBAs and for undergrad degrees. UMD smith undergrad average is like 44,000 vs. the MBA students who start at 81,000. Now I assume that the MBA students had nice jobs before that led to them having a good pay but I still think MBAs are worth it. Now matty can say Mattyk12, MBA at the bottom of every post just like this

Mattyk12, MBA
I got my MBA a couple of years ago. It's certainly helped me. I mean I was never interested in the conventional banking/finance route. But I mean I was able to walk into ESPN and talk about my years of working in tv. And they said well that's great but just about everyone here has worked in television at some point. But then I could say, but yeah I also have an MBA so I know all about creating marketing strategies, writing business plans, analzying cost benefit, etc. Not that you can't do that without the MBA, but it definitely carries more weight to say you learned it in your MBA program. Plus you really learn to work with others, so much of the work is group work. And I'm sure Matty would agree, the hardest part of the MBA is getting in. Once you're in it's not so bad.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: F...Homework

Well for those who know something about MBAs. DO I really need to study business undergrad to do business later? Will it help at all or do people get admitted to graduate business for other things. Like for medical graduate schools, faculty at my school say it really doesn't matter so much what you major in or where you go undergrad as long as you get really good scores. Could I maybe major in journalism and then still do an MBA if I want or should I atleast try and major in some kind of business major and journalism as as a second major? I was planning on doing two business majors but I would like to try out journalism--maybe.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
Well for those who know something about MBAs. DO I really need to study business undergrad to do business later? Will it help at all or do people get admitted to graduate business for other things. Like for medical graduate schools, faculty at my school say it really doesn't matter so much what you major in or where you go undergrad as long as you get really good scores. Could I maybe major in journalism and then still do an MBA if I want or should I atleast try and major in some kind of business major and journalism as as a second major? I was planning on doing two business majors but I would like to try out journalism--maybe.
You don't have to study business. I did business admininistration for undergrad. But then I spent five years as a tv news producer before going to get my MBA. A big thing is that you have real world work experience. That's why a lot of schools won't even look at you unless you've been out of college 4 or 5 years working. But they like a good mix of professions. Get good grades, do well on your GMATs but most importantly get some actual work experience.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: F...Homework

will do then. I am atleast getting some work experience being a bitc... i mean intern at this company. I joke, I joke, they treat me great and I talk sports all day with them but I do have to do the tedious work.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #30
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: F...Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
And I'm sure Matty would agree, the hardest part of the MBA is getting in. Once you're in it's not so bad.
In a lot of ways it was easier than undergrad...

Speaking for my program at least, it was more concentrated on writing papers, group projects, presentations, etc., and less focused on tests and quizzes like in undergrad.

Undergrad was more about memorizing material and spitting it back to the professor, while in grad school they're looking for some signs of original thought. Plus there's the added pressure of needing at least a B in every course. D doesn't equal degree here, neither does C.

I still can't believe it's over, I feel like I have a huge void in my spare time now. I can't get that feeling outta my head, I'm constantly thinking about what assignment is due next, what paper do I have to write, etc.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31588 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25