Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


strange email

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,104
strange email

So I get this weird email from my own account last night, what do you guys make of it? I definitely didn't send it to myself. It's weird because I just went to bed around that time, but I wasn't on the computer, I was up reading.


From: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
To: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 6, 2006 1:07 AM
Subject: 586876
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
969
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
So I get this weird email from my own account last night, what do you guys make of it? I definitely didn't send it to myself. It's weird because I just went to bed around that time, but I wasn't on the computer, I was up reading.


From: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
To: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 6, 2006 1:07 AM
Subject: 586876
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
969
you've had some pretty strange stuff happening with your computer today. I suggest kicking the motherboard a few times, then do a top-rope elbow smah on it. Throw the mouse across the room, and do a pile-driver on your keyboard.

That should fix it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,104
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
you've had some pretty strange stuff happening with your computer today. I suggest kicking the motherboard a few times, then do a top-rope elbow smah on it. Throw the mouse across the room, and do a pile-driver on your keyboard.

That should fix it
Tried all those...

I'm thinking of maybe a pile driver next, then maybe a leg drop or two.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
So I get this weird email from my own account last night, what do you guys make of it? I definitely didn't send it to myself. It's weird because I just went to bed around that time, but I wasn't on the computer, I was up reading.


From: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
To: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 6, 2006 1:07 AM
Subject: 586876
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
969
Maybe it was your alter ego trying to get a message to you, about how it's useless to quit pretending that your a nice guy who runs a redskins message board, and how you should just acknowledge your dark side once and for all. Maybe he's tired of people giving him strange looks because he can't control his personality at times.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,104
Re: strange email

I'm thinking this is tied to ?3 somehow

hmmmm....
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #6
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,314
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
So I get this weird email from my own account last night, what do you guys make of it? I definitely didn't send it to myself. It's weird because I just went to bed around that time, but I wasn't on the computer, I was up reading.


From: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
To: Kyermt <kyermt@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 6, 2006 1:07 AM
Subject: 586876
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
969

Fuck...

When got to work this morning there was an email I sent to myself. the funny thing was it had a time stamp of 10:30 and it was only 10:00. btw, it had the same subject and message.

Looks like we might have a virus I pray it's not, but to have the identical email?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,104
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf
Fuck...

When got to work this morning there was an email I sent to myself. the funny thing was it had a time stamp of 10:30 and it was only 10:00. btw, it had the same subject and message.

Looks like we might have a virus I pray it's not, but to have the identical email?
Damn, you serious?

Maybe this has something to do with losing my sound too.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: strange email

I'm not saying it's some sort of omen or the work of lucifer, but let's evaluate

June 6, 2006=666

Subject: 586876
remove the 5,8,8,and 7 5+8=13, 8+7=15, 13+15=28, 8-2=6
so once again you have 666

969 (invert the 9s and you have 666)

6+6+6=18
18/6=3

3!!!! the facts don't lie, everything comes back to Question 3

Matty, have you tried just telling your computer you love it. Sometimes it just needs to be reassured. Just hold it for a minute. Let it know you care
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: strange email

I just got back from The DaVinci Code, maybe it's a bunch of anagrams and clues about the true nature of Bill Parcells, that he is actually the anti-christ! I'm scared, I think I should just go to bed.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:32 AM   #10
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,928
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
Maybe it was your alter ego trying to get a message to you, about how it's useless to quit pretending that your a nice guy who runs a redskins message board, and how you should just acknowledge your dark side once and for all. Maybe he's tired of people giving him strange looks because he can't control his personality at times.
Matty only has one ego and it is his evil Warpath ego!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:42 AM   #11
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: strange email

These number emails have been going around for the past few days now. It is just spammers running some tests to find active email addresses. It's very easy to spoof email addresses.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #12
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,288
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I'm not saying it's some sort of omen or the work of lucifer, but let's evaluate

June 6, 2006=666

Subject: 586876
remove the 5,8,8,and 7 5+8=13, 8+7=15, 13+15=28, 8-2=6
so once again you have 666

969 (invert the 9s and you have 666)

6+6+6=18
18/6=3

3!!!! the facts don't lie, everything comes back to Question 3

Matty, have you tried just telling your computer you love it. Sometimes it just needs to be reassured. Just hold it for a minute. Let it know you care
LOL. Great post.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #13
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,479
Re: strange email

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
These number emails have been going around for the past few days now. It is just spammers running some tests to find active email addresses. It's very easy to spoof email addresses.
Right. If you have an email in a Google account, I most definitely wouldn't think it was a virus. Now if you started getting spoofed emails through Outlook (which viruses can take your address book and more) and you start getting mails, I'd be more wary.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,314
Re: strange email

mine was on a work emain address what was created last week...
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: strange email

They are sending emails out to a HUGE number of addresses.

They more than likely never scraped or bought your email address. They just got lucky. All they are trying to do here is to see which addresses don't get bounced as being non existant.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44887 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25