Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Madden 2007 Countdown

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

im in line here on broadway in nyc. not much of a line. only like 15 people. very tame as i expected. i'll war report back.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2006, 03:09 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,743
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

just got home from working a midnight opening for the game, but I gotta open in the morning so no gaming for me tonight. I'll definitely be on tomorrow and even though I mostly just play FPS my 360 gamertag is DragynKnyght if anyone's down for some gaming.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 AM   #18
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

i found a copy a couple days ago. it's much better than 2006.

you get injury sliders for simmed and non-simmed games right in the options! not sure i dig the new menu GUI, and i hate the new timer in the mini camp drills, but the game loads much faster and there are some (minor) graphic updates (like a higher res gras texture).

running is a lot harder this year. no more spin spin spin touchdown :/ they really killed the speed on the moves.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #19
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

well, today i have some plans, but on the way home I am planning on stopping and picking it up. It sounds great, i can't wait to play it.

@That Guy: sweeet, those injury sliders sound good, i always hate how when you play you never get any serious injuries. That should change this year hopefully. I always thought it was odd when simmed games always end up with a couple injuries, but you can pretty much guarantee having an injury free year if you play every game.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #20
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
well, today i have some plans, but on the way home I am planning on stopping and picking it up. It sounds great, i can't wait to play it.

@That Guy: sweeet, those injury sliders sound good, i always hate how when you play you never get any serious injuries. That should change this year hopefully. I always thought it was odd when simmed games always end up with a couple injuries, but you can pretty much guarantee having an injury free year if you play every game.

yeah, the sim was really terrible... not sure if they fixed the progression bugs (where playing good defense could shaft your D players and WRs almost never stat ups of any kind). You do get options to turn off relocations in franchise mode though and cool icons on players (like portis has an NFL star, an RB star and one for being an icon). mike rumph has a funny chart with a downward red arrow (for being a bust). It's like the first year since 2004 where they've actually improved the product noticeably.

they still list g blache as our d coordinator (and his stats suck), simmed games still don't sub players properly (no fatigue) and you can still relocate from washington DC to washington DC though. so all the bugs from 2001 still exist.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #21
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
yeah, the sim was really terrible... not sure if they fixed the progression bugs (where playing good defense could shaft your D players and WRs almost never stat ups of any kind). You do get options to turn off relocations in franchise mode though and cool icons on players (like portis has an NFL star, an RB star and one for being an icon). mike rumph has a funny chart with a downward red arrow (for being a bust). It's like the first year since 2004 where they've actually improved the product noticeably.

they still list g blache as our d coordinator (and his stats suck), simmed games still don't sub players properly (no fatigue) and you can still relocate from washington DC to washington DC though. so all the bugs from 2001 still exist.
What system are you playing it on? That sucks they still don't have G.W. in the game, if he was he'd have to be one of the higher rated defensive coaches out there, i think in 06' Greg Blache was rated something in the 60's, which sucked. In 06' Al Saunders was rated an 80 on offense, which is pretty screwed up. I don't care about relocations in franchise mode, my longest tenure in franchise mode lasted about 7 years, and in that name, no franchises relocated, but i'd imagine it would suck if they did.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #22
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

I guess EA goes by the book when it comes to titles. Blache technically is our D coordinator, but we all know it's GW that runs the show.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
What system are you playing it on? That sucks they still don't have G.W. in the game, if he was he'd have to be one of the higher rated defensive coaches out there, i think in 06' Greg Blache was rated something in the 60's, which sucked. In 06' Al Saunders was rated an 80 on offense, which is pretty screwed up. I don't care about relocations in franchise mode, my longest tenure in franchise mode lasted about 7 years, and in that name, no franchises relocated, but i'd imagine it would suck if they did.

always PC. there's a 3rd party program to stop relocations anyways, just like there was a program to adjust injury sliders and edit players. playing the los angeles grizzles isn't really all that big of a deal either.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I guess EA goes by the book when it comes to titles. Blache technically is our D coordinator, but we all know it's GW that runs the show.
then technically don breaux should be our offensive coordinator. but they list saunders. so they've screwed the pooch either way.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
SantanaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 224
Re: Madden 2007 Countdown

Madden 07 doesn't get released till Friday here!! (you lucky guys!).
Hopefully will pick up a copy of it after work friday night, spend too much time on it that night, go into work sat feeling tired, but happy!

NFL Head Coach didn't get released over here, I had to import a copy!
SantanaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23533 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25