Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Moderator Poll

Parking Lot


View Poll Results: Who is the super-coolest Moderator?
MattyK 9 26.47%
Bozzy 1 2.94%
JoeCrisp 9 26.47%
BrudLee 2 5.88%
Ramseyfan 3 8.82%
RedskinRat 1 2.94%
smootsmack 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #46
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
Do I have to start tossing out some serious bribes?

How about a bribe that I can actually deliver on unlike some of the other stuff that is going on here, LOL.

Vote for me and I will hook up with the Redskins avatar of your choice. How's that for buying votes!
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #47
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
BL... your rundown was freaking hysterical. Also, Happy Birthday! We who were born in '70 have to stick up for each other. Mighty fine year, 1970 was.

SmootSmack... if you provide the brown liquor, I'll bring my guit-fiddle too. It's much much MUCH easier to find redheads with a Telecaster strapped on! Lord knows my "charming personality" and "average white boy looks" just don't cut it. Also, since SkinsRock digs blondes, we should have no problem not stepping on each other's toes.

Matty... (that's Matty K to you bitches) I like the way you yield power... either bow down to the powers that be or find your Warpath account "accidentaly" deleted. Way to swing that blade!

Paul Woody... BL is right. Quit ripping off our man JoeCrisp. Loser.

To All... this has got to be the funniest damn thread I've ever read here. Good stuff!
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
obviously my point was lost you on DBB

hmmm, I might have to "review" your account tonight

LOL
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #49
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsRock
Ok, you all do a great job, but after much debating between a couple of you (yeah, "the founder" and "the reporter"), I have finally placed my vote for you Smootsmack instead for remembering me and my geetar skillz! :headbange ROCK ON!!!

Oh, and I prefer blondes...
Say no more SkinsRock, here's what we have in stock at the Smack Shack:

__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #50
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
obviously my point was lost you on DBB

hmmm, I might have to "review" your account tonight

LOL
Hehehe... nope, your point wasn't lost at all! Sometimes you just gotta be the fly in authority's ointment. That and some people actually call me a smart ass right to my face. Can you believe that?!?! The nerve! Sheesh.

While you're "reviewing" my account, could you slide a couple hundred over from savings to checking for me? I gotta cover that check I wrote this morning.

Thanks!

__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #51
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Do I have to start tossing out some serious bribes?

How about a bribe that I can actually deliver on unlike some of the other stuff that is going on here, LOL.

Vote for me and I will hook up with the Redskins avatar of your choice. How's that for buying votes!
Thats all I wanted to hear, change my vote to Matty and ill work on getting a pic of Portis or Taylor in their Canes uniform, hehehehe
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:06 PM   #52
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
no changing of votes, sorry skinsncanes you shoulda voted for THE MAN to start with.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:11 PM   #53
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
man ive been bugging you about the different avatar for a month now. And then you use my suggestion agaisnt me to buy votes later!!!
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:13 PM   #54
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
man ive been bugging you about the different avatar for a month now. And then you use my suggestion agaisnt me to buy votes later!!!
Ooooohhh!!! Now that's just bad politics right there, Matty!
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #55
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
It's a harsh world skinsncanes, what else can I say?

As Mick Jagger said, You can't always get what you want!
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:17 PM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,987
on a serious note regarding the avatars, once camp gets going and there are more pics available of the new players I'll get a whole new crop of avatars going. You'll have your Portis soon enough skinsncanes.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #57
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
As Mick Jagger said, You can't always get what you want!
Hehehe.. Mick also said "Yeah, yeah, yeah, do the Harlem Shuffle". What's that got to do with what you said, you must be asking? Absolutely nothing! I heard the tune just a few minutes ago and felt like sharing.

Anyhow, on the subject of avatars (and I know this has been beaten to death in the past), are you really considering letting us pick them? I have a sweet picture of Butz (resized to 100x100) with his ultra battle-scarred helmet that would be really cool to use...

I do like the idea of picking our own, but as was discussed in a thread some time ago, I'd hate to see that their use screw up the clean and simple layout (which I love) that the site has. That simply wouldn't do!
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #58
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Butz Baby!
Anyhow, on the subject of avatars (and I know this has been beaten to death in the past), are you really considering letting us pick them? I have a sweet picture of Butz (resized to 100x100) with his ultra battle-scarred helmet that would be really cool to use...

I do like the idea of picking our own, but as was discussed in a thread some time ago, I'd hate to see that their use screw up the clean and simple layout (which I love) that the site has. That simply wouldn't do!
I don't think it would be a problem, as long as all avatars are the same, standard size we use now. Once you get into letting guys throw whatever they want on there, regardless of size or relevance, that's when it really starts to make the board look messy and disorganized. That's something I really dislike about some of the other boards. I'm all for individuality, but some of that stuff just detracts from the quality and appearance of the board, and distracts readers from the discussion at hand.

That's just my . I think a Dave Butz avatar for DBB! would be really cool.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #59
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
It's a harsh world skinsncanes, what else can I say?

As Mick Jagger said, You can't always get what you want!
man ya dont vote for a guy and the bad guys comes out of him, I see how it is...
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:45 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
I don't think it would be a problem, as long as all avatars are the same, standard size we use now. Once you get into letting guys throw whatever they want on there, regardless of size or relevance, that's when it really starts to make the board look messy and disorganized. That's something I really dislike about some of the other boards. I'm all for individuality, but some of that stuff just detracts from the quality and appearance of the board, and distracts readers from the discussion at hand.

That's just my . I think a Dave Butz avatar for DBB! would be really cool.
I completely agree... the "cleanness" of this board is one of the things that attracted me here in the first place. I hate going on boards where the posts have five pictures in their sigs, ten waving flags, non-topical avatars, different sizes, etc etc etc. Unlike Penthouse, I actually read this board for the articles and am not interested in seeing a thousand people try their hand (mostly badly) at Photoshop. The pic I found of Butz was bigger, but I actually reduced it to 102x102 pixels to match the other ones. You can still really see the gouges in his helmet... great stuff!

And yes.. I completely agree that DBB! should have a Dave Butz avatar! Ade Jimoh Fan Club should get an Ade, Smootsmack should get his #21 pic, SBF should get a pic of a guy in a leather hat slinging the ball....
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29037 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25