Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


the bsb

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: the bsb

Yeah, I am at UMD. I can't believe I considered going anywhere else. I have family here which means alcohol hook-ups, which means drinks in my room, which means girls in my room, which means the BSB is happy.

I hope, even when i become an upper classman, this never gets old. This is great.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: the bsb

sweet ... UMD is my favorite college (I am a big terps basketball fan, but the team hasn't looked good recently) ... I've taken some classes at USF here in FL, but most of my time has been spent at the community college. enjoy it at UMD!
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: the bsb

AMD, over/under on the BSB going completely nutso during the 6 week winter break when all that fun dies down? I give it 12 days.

Glad to hear you're loving life the BSB...as far as it getting old, there are times it does. But, there are definitely days that I crave to just leave work, grab a case of Natty, and find a party.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #19
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,969
Re: the bsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
AMD, over/under on the BSB going completely nutso during the 6 week winter break when all that fun dies down? I give it 12 days.

Glad to hear you're loving life the BSB...as far as it getting old, there are times it does. But, there are definitely days that I crave to just leave work, grab a case of Natty, and find a party.
Oh most def. Especially since the UMD-system schools have such a long break. I hated that shit so much.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: the bsb

I did too...after New Years rolled around, I was ready to go back.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #21
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,486
Re: the bsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
Yeah, I am at UMD. I can't believe I considered going anywhere else. I have family here which means alcohol hook-ups, which means drinks in my room, which means girls in my room, which means the BSB is happy.

I hope, even when i become an upper classman, this never gets old. This is great.
I'll be over there soon. If your a terps fan keep an eye on my cousin #80 Joey Haynos... he's a tight end and has been fairly productive as of yet. Im transferring to UMD next fall (long story... went from Catholic U in D.C. changed majors then went to comm. college to save money...but yeah long story) so mabye I'll see you around there. I'll def. be at all the football games. Have fun, just remember to go to class. Sometimes we forget.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #22
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: the bsb

ahh, substituting Playstation Class, Going to the Beach class, drinking in the quad class for real class. those were the days...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #23
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: the bsb

I want your schedule BSB, cause I've been getting raped ever since I got here. My math class is cake, but Nutrition is insane. That is probably the most labor intensive class I've ever had. That and I have to read about 100 pages a week for each class...don't get me wrong, still time to get drunk, but not as much as I did at Tulane.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #24
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: the bsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
you have plans for college, mooby?
I'm looking, exploring all my options. I looked at my GPA after last year, it's around 2.5, which isn't that great. The first few years of high school i really slacked off and focused on just passing classes, instead of actually trying to get the best grades to bring my GPA up.

If i can't get into any major colleges, I'm thinking about going to Nova for two years, get my associate's degree, then try and get into a major college for another two years. I'm trying to get a career in sports media, whether it be as an assistant, or hopefully something better than that. I'm not sure what college courses I would have to take that deal with that sort of thing though. Last year I took sports marketing, and i loved it, this year I'm in advanced sports marketing/sports management, and so far it's been good. I applied for a job at a hospital near my house, I know two girls that work there who take pictures of the newborn babies, and they've offered to try and help me get a job there too.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: the bsb

dude, if you can work at a hospital ... DO IT! there are so many hot chicks that work there, and they are ripe for the picking
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:35 AM   #26
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: the bsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
I want your schedule BSB, cause I've been getting raped ever since I got here. My math class is cake, but Nutrition is insane. That is probably the most labor intensive class I've ever had. That and I have to read about 100 pages a week for each class...don't get me wrong, still time to get drunk, but not as much as I did at Tulane.
Yeah, i am a business major so we don't get shit to do anyways. I also have a problem with concentrating with all these people running around. I can't get myself to study when i can be hanging out with a bunch of people and doing something. And many of these girls are really good looking so i can't do work when there is something to do with them. Like today i just wasted a few hours and it is 1:30 and i am probably staying up to around 5ish or later.

and yeah ghetto, the sport teams are hella fun to watch. The football games are great even though the team is pretty bad. The soccer games here are amazing. Duke/UMD TOMMORROW! I have something important to do at the same time but I can see myself blowing that off, though it would be really hard. DAMN, i think i might miss it.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #27
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: the bsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
Yeah, i am a business major so we don't get shit to do anyways. I also have a problem with concentrating with all these people running around. I can't get myself to study when i can be hanging out with a bunch of people and doing something. And many of these girls are really good looking so i can't do work when there is something to do with them. Like today i just wasted a few hours and it is 1:30 and i am probably staying up to around 5ish or later.

and yeah ghetto, the sport teams are hella fun to watch. The football games are great even though the team is pretty bad. The soccer games here are amazing. Duke/UMD TOMMORROW! I have something important to do at the same time but I can see myself blowing that off, though it would be really hard. DAMN, i think i might miss it.
Yeah, I already have plans, but I really wanted to go to that game. I'm pissed that I'm gonna miss it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #28
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: the bsb

moob - if you're gonna go to NoVA, check out the communications classes. That will build a good foundation towards Sports Media.

the BSB - Freshman year, I used to stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning, then get up for an 8am class. Hung out all day, then started doing school work around midnight, 1am, while watching reruns of Magnum PI and SportsCenter. So, you're right on track.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:06 AM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: the bsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Yeah, I already have plans, but I really wanted to go to that game. I'm pissed that I'm gonna miss it.
Man, that game was awesome. The pregame stuff was great. They had smoke for the player entrences and fireworks for the national anthem. It was great to beat Duke too.

I ended up drinking the entire weekend and missing my classes today(no big deal though, but i shouldn't make it a habit). I never drank a lot in high school. I could only on the weekends and it wouldn't be nearly every weekend. Here it is a lot different. I was playing beer pong for like 2 hours tonight in my room. It smells like alcohol in my room too because people spilled so much of that golden awesomeness. I am sure if you go to the Easton dorm you could probably find my room just looking for the one that smelled the most like cheap beer. I don't get piss poor drunk though. Over the weekend i had some 151, which is 151 proof, and that got me pretty drunk. That is the other thing. In high school i only drank beer and sometimes i would have other stuff but that was out of the ordinary. I have had so many shots of so many different things since being here. Its a lot different and a new kind of place but i'll have to keep myself in check a bit.

If any of you have tips about what alcohol i should be drinking i am all up for suggestions and I am sure some of us at the warpath know what they are talking about. Tell me what is good and cheap.

Lastly, winter break is in like 2 months. When the f... did that happen? It feels like i just got here. Mid terms are next week. What am i going to do at home? Force my 15 year old cousin to play beer pong with me? ARRRRRRRRR, i better enjoy it.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: the bsb

lol @ the freshman talking about 151 proof and dorm rooms smelling of beer and missing classes because of a great weekend.

Good cheap way to get drunk very fast...cheap wines. Maddog 20/20, Boones Farm, etc. Chug a bottle or 2 and you will certainly be f'ed up. Other than that, you seem to be on the right track. Whatever you do, do not do shots of cheap liquor. Mix it all you want, but don't ever do shots. Unless you like puke flying out of your nose going 20 feet. Just be sure to clean up for room inspections. Those RAs don't want to do their job in busting you for having stuff you're not supposed to. So be courteous, mop/vacuum the floor and use Febreeze.

And don't worry about the winter...you can hang out with AMD in his parents basement. he'll play pong with you for 2 months.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32496 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25