Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 38
Posts: 675
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

I was playing football in high school, on the kickoff team someone nailed the opposing player he went flying towards me and his facemask landed on the top of my foot shattering 3 of the 5 filanges (bad spelling). Went through 9 hours of surgery (i woke up twice and sat up during the surgery). I was layed up for 6 months with pins in my foot then it took me another 3 months to walk normally again. But we did win the game!
__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Broken thumb from football
Broken nose from baseball
Dislocated shoulder from golf

... all of them happened while practicing.

Worst injury witnessed on TV: Willis MaGahee/Theisman
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #33
Special Teams
 
SkinsLove24/7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bowie, MD
Age: 27
Posts: 423
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

I got the injury that is gonna take home first place guaranteed!!!!

I played rugby in high school for DeMatha and we were playing against St. John's at their field. A St. John's player had the ball and got wrapped up by one of our guys but stayed on his feet. Another guy from my team was right there to help finish the tackle but at the last second the guys spun around to avoid contact basically putting the DeMatha tackler that was already on him between the oncoming tackler and himself. Naturally in rugby you get low to tackle and the oncoming DeMatha tackler went face first into his own teammates head. The collision didn't seem bad but then we realized the guy coming in to make the tackle was missing 2 teeth. They had been loged in the head of his teammate who didn't even realize the 2 teeth were in his head. So, we had one of our guys missing 2 teeth and all bloody while our other teammate had the 2 teeth stuck in his head, which was also bleeding. Luckily they weren't deep and they got pulled out. I saw this happen and was pretty disgusted and people in the crowd were pretty shocked at it. The crazy thing is that our guy who lost the teeth had a mouth guard but it had fallen out of place just for second, and it was right as the hit happened. Crazy!
SkinsLove24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #34
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,492
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Broken thumb from football
Broken nose from baseball
Dislocated shoulder from golf

... all of them happened while practicing.

Worst injury witnessed on TV: Willis MaGahee/Theisman
A friend of mine did that too, I couldn't believe you could do something like that through golf... but I guess it makes sense.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #35
King of the Cage
 
Jamaican'Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Age: 28
Posts: 2,352
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

First season playing high school football, I went all out to get a starting spot. The had me playing LDE, and this one play, I boke the tackle's ankles, got around the corner, and met had to head with the fullback. We both had severe concussions. Second wost injury as later that season. I got high- lowed by the tackle and guard. Tore my meniscus up real bad
__________________
Back like a spinal tap
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7 View Post
I got the injury that is gonna take home first place guaranteed!!!!

I played rugby in high school for DeMatha and we were playing against St. John's at their field. A St. John's player had the ball and got wrapped up by one of our guys but stayed on his feet. Another guy from my team was right there to help finish the tackle but at the last second the guys spun around to avoid contact basically putting the DeMatha tackler that was already on him between the oncoming tackler and himself. Naturally in rugby you get low to tackle and the oncoming DeMatha tackler went face first into his own teammates head. The collision didn't seem bad but then we realized the guy coming in to make the tackle was missing 2 teeth. They had been loged in the head of his teammate who didn't even realize the 2 teeth were in his head. So, we had one of our guys missing 2 teeth and all bloody while our other teammate had the 2 teeth stuck in his head, which was also bleeding. Luckily they weren't deep and they got pulled out. I saw this happen and was pretty disgusted and people in the crowd were pretty shocked at it. The crazy thing is that our guy who lost the teeth had a mouth guard but it had fallen out of place just for second, and it was right as the hit happened. Crazy!
Holy shit, that happened to a guy I know who played rugby in the MD area ... do you know his name (the guy who lost his teeth)?
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #37
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

real men play rugby... !
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Skinslove, that's horrible. I couldn't even finish reading your post.

Maybe you can help me out with a rugby related thing. I was good friends with the rugby guys when I was going to school in Oneonta, but something about them was definitely "off". Mainly their keg parties where they all ended up naked at some point, doing body shots, or even worse, crack shots! Is that a rugby thing?? They would also end up shirtless at some point during the night at the bars and they would dump beers all over each other.

They were always trying to get me to play rugby, but those parties always had me running the other way.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,009
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Skinslove, that's horrible. I couldn't even finish reading your post.

Maybe you can help me out with a rugby related thing. I was good friends with the rugby guys when I was going to school in Oneonta, but something about them was definitely "off". Mainly their keg parties where they all ended up naked at some point, doing body shots, or even worse, crack shots! Is that a rugby thing?? They would also end up shirtless at some point during the night at the bars and they would dump beers all over each other.

They were always trying to get me to play rugby, but those parties always had me running the other way.
The ruby guys at my college were like that too. They also burned shit all the time at their parties.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Either my concussion as a freshman (on a kick return) or my severly dislocated left arm playing... wait for it....ULTIMATE FRISBEE.

I was going full speed for the frisbee and when I got there a guy on my team tripped and went flying, ended up hitting the ground and cutting my legs out from under me and then I go flying and catch my fall on my left arm, and then I hear a pop, and I'm on the ground and my arm is immobilized out of the socket.

Fun stuff.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
The ruby guys at my college were like that too. They also burned shit all the time at their parties.
As much as they weirded me out, they were great allies to have. If you weren't in a frat you needed someone on your side, and the rugby guys were the only group that NOBODY wanted to F with.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #42
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Rugby guys walk to a different drum beat. You ever call them gay for running around naked with their buddies, they go do a girl and take pictures and staple them to your forehead with their fist.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Rugby guys walk to a different drum beat. You ever call them gay for running around naked with their buddies, they go do a girl and take pictures and staple them to your forehead with their fist.
LOL that sums them up perfectly
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,009
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
As much as they weirded me out, they were great allies to have. If you weren't in a frat you needed someone on your side, and the rugby guys were the only group that NOBODY wanted to F with.
You're completely right about that. I was in a fraternity but I still felt the need to keep things friendly with those guys.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #45
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: What's the worst sports related injury you've ever had?

i basically had the same injury Bo Jackson had, my hip bone basically separated in half. did it while playing basketball( non contact) and this has to be one of the most painful injuries ever. i pride myself on being a tough guy, but man, that was some intense pain
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28181 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25