Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

edmontonsun.com - Canada - 'Idiots' destroyed PS3 for the thrill

Seems like there's gotta be cheaper ways to get your "thrills"
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

more launch day horror stories, someone actually got shot?!

DailyTech - PlayStation 3 Launches With Shootings, Robberies, Riots and Other Crime
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

oh the humanity!
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

why not got an xbox, and gears of war and just wait... i mean, it's not like the ps3 has any launch titles worthy of waiting 2 days in line and shelling out 600+ for.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

xbox 360 is better anyways
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #6
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,636
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

I just have to say. I know this is not about the PS3 or this crazy ass kid who wasted his time and his money but i have to say
THE Wii!!!!!! it is so much f...ing fun. I can't believe that i liked it so much. A few people have the wii here in the dorms and playing boxing, baseball, bowling, tennis and other things are so much fun. Tommorrow i am going to play call of duty which i hear is really cool on the wii.

Madden on the wii is really different. It is nearly impossible to change defensive things pre-snap because you have to point the little controller then push A then change what you want. It takes too long. Being the QB is a lot of fun because you actually pull your arm back and throw. everything is done by motion outside of running. A juke is a quick move to the right with both hands. A stiff arm is putting a arm out. Trying to break a tackle is moving both hands up and down. MY favorite is the INTs. When i get a user pick in madden it is just that much more fun and i usually start yelling user pick user pick. In the wii you put up both hands to grab the ball. The ball was up in the air on one play and sean t was in coverage and i took control of him and lifted my hands at the right time and he intercepted the ball. It was great.

Boxing on the wii sports game they give out with the system shows how awesome it is. You put up your hands to your head to block. You get out the way by putting both sticks to the right or to the left. YOu can upper cut and punch from the side. It is pretty damn cool

This little thing is just so different that it is so much fun. Graphics only go so far. IT is something new. It is 4 and i have a paper to write and i probably will stay up all night but it was just that much.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #7
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Somebody did this with their Xbox 360 too. After raising money to buy one (just to destroy), they waited in line, and once they got it, they destroyed it on video. They just threw it as high as they could and let it smash on the parking lot cement. It was pretty lame, but there were all these people still waiting in line who almost started crying, and a bunch of dorks asking for the guy's controllers.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #8
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
I just have to say. I know this is not about the PS3 or this crazy ass kid who wasted his time and his money but i have to say
THE Wii!!!!!! it is so much f...ing fun. I can't believe that i liked it so much. A few people have the wii here in the dorms and playing boxing, baseball, bowling, tennis and other things are so much fun. Tommorrow i am going to play call of duty which i hear is really cool on the wii.

Madden on the wii is really different. It is nearly impossible to change defensive things pre-snap because you have to point the little controller then push A then change what you want. It takes too long. Being the QB is a lot of fun because you actually pull your arm back and throw. everything is done by motion outside of running. A juke is a quick move to the right with both hands. A stiff arm is putting a arm out. Trying to break a tackle is moving both hands up and down. MY favorite is the INTs. When i get a user pick in madden it is just that much more fun and i usually start yelling user pick user pick. In the wii you put up both hands to grab the ball. The ball was up in the air on one play and sean t was in coverage and i took control of him and lifted my hands at the right time and he intercepted the ball. It was great.

Boxing on the wii sports game they give out with the system shows how awesome it is. You put up your hands to your head to block. You get out the way by putting both sticks to the right or to the left. YOu can upper cut and punch from the side. It is pretty damn cool

This little thing is just so different that it is so much fun. Graphics only go so far. IT is something new. It is 4 and i have a paper to write and i probably will stay up all night but it was just that much.
Gotta give Nintendo props for trying a different direction in gaming. I agree it's not always about the graphics. Add in the affordability of it compared to the other systems and the Wii could really make a name for itself.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,220
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Game design is more important than graphics. That said, once PS3 game creators start taking advantage of the technology, watch out.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

That's why I'll gladly wait a while to get the PS3. It's going to take a while for the game developers to catch up, and of course by then the price will be down a bit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Matty i know you're partial to PS3, but you should at least visit a friend with 360 and play Ghost Recon and Gears of War.

I played all the PS3 games for hours at this event they had near my crib in NYC, and man was i disappointed. most of the games were identical ports to games i had on 360 and their one big game Resistance was very reminescent of a PC game. the graphics were the best at the event, but this was before i 'experienced' Gears of War and now there's no contest. especially without rumble, it was like playing with a mouse.

its remarkable how important Rumble is. you totally don't notice until its GONE. playing madden (HIT stick!), race games (changing gears, going off road, hitting walls) and shooters with big guns (recoil!) without rumble you suddenly realize something key is missing. we've all completely taken it for granted for years. what's worse is the tilt is meaningless without it either! if you play Wii and 'hit' the tennis ball, you'll see what i mean, that feedback makes all the difference. when i played PS3 racing with tilt and no rumble it was just a complete disconnect. you're just holding plastic in the air. it being so light makes it feel cheap too, even tho i know its not.

i loved the graphics the 360 was putting out, so when i heard PS3 was going to be better, i had really high expectations and they completely werent met. maybe down the line they will, but man Sony convinced everyone when they dropped it would crush all. totally not the case, now that they're out, they've just STARTED playing catchup.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

The 360 is starting to hit it's stride and it's been a year since the system came out. The PS3 will probably take the same amount of time before the killer games really start dropping. I'm fine with my PS2 for now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

are there still good PS2 games coming out next year? i'd also get an HDTV way before i'd get any nextgen system if you don't already.

yeah, i hope in a year Sony comes out with a rumble controller because its a much bigger omission than i thought it would be. and this goes for anybody, if you're set on getting PS3, DON'T PLAY GEARS OF WAR.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,720
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined View Post
are there still good PS2 games coming out next year? i'd also get an HDTV way before i'd get any nextgen system if you don't already.

yeah, i hope in a year Sony comes out with a rumble controller because its a much bigger omission than i thought it would be. and this goes for anybody, if you're set on getting PS3, DON'T PLAY GEARS OF WAR.
God of War 2 and any fans of rpgs need to check stuff out on Rogue Galaxy (done by the same team who did Dark Cloud 1&2.)

I love my Wii and I'm definitely waiting on the PS3 til atleast sometime next summer-ish. I'm happy with my 360, my Wii, and my PS2 and don't feel compelled to spend $600+ to buy a system with predominantly the exact same games for one of my other systems.

and I think it's funny that @the EB I go to, around 20 minutes after they got their PS3 interactive set up, it froze up already.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #15
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,720
Re: kid breaks his new PS3 for the "thrill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That's why I'll gladly wait a while to get the PS3. It's going to take a while for the game developers to catch up, and of course by then the price will be down a bit.
I can't wait to see what the 360 and PS3 r putting out in about 2-3 years.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28791 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25