Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Videogame system advice needed....please help

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Videogame system advice needed....please help

Okay, so here's my situation. I am living in Japan and have managed to procure a 60 gig PS3, and I'm debating whether I should sell it on ebay and buy a 360 or keep it. As far as games go, the only games that are must have for me are Madden and Tiger Woods. Beyond that I like Final Fantasy and Metal gear, which I understand are coming to PS3 exclusively, and I also like Halo. So as far as games go it's pretty much awash.

What the Xbox has going for it is price. Even though the PS3's have come down on ebay, it's still possible to fetch about a grand for one, so I'd be making around 350 bucks or so, all told. That would pretty much pay for a 360.

But the PS3 seems like the better fit for me because I live in Japan and it's region free (360 isn't), and also because the 360 is barely supported over here. It's really more of a niche product (I think it's sold about 500k units, which is nothing here).

I could always sell the PS3 and just buy another one, but I would be waiting a LONG time for that. I only got one now because I have an inside guy who I promised to give some English lessons too, haha, so he hooked me up. And I want to play NOW, not in march.

I know we have some gaming experts on here, so what do you guys think? I have to admit, I'm leaning towards keeping the thing, but it's tough to leave that money on the table.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

If it were me, I'd sell the sucker and wait till March. It's easy cash.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Fuck it, sell it and get the money.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

I think what I am going to do is put it on ebay with a high reserve and see if anyone bites. If its only 350 bucks, that's not really worth the effort or the wait (living in Japan has skewed my conception of money). If I can unload it for like 1200 then that's gravy. But it looks like they are generally going for around 900 on there with 1 game, which isn't really that great a markup.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Rumormill says that Metal Gear Solid might be hitting the 360 exclusively along with GTA and Halo
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
Rumormill says that Metal Gear Solid might be hitting the 360 exclusively along with GTA and Halo
Not a chance, because MGS is maybe the most popular game in Japan and the Xbox 360 has a non-existent base. Moreover, Kojima Hideo has said multiple times that he thinks MGS is tailor-made for the PS3, and that his 360 games would not be part of the MGS universe. As for GTA, what has been announced, according to what I read, is that it might not be a PS3 exclusive anymore, and instead might be released on both systems simultaneously. That would make more sense, since GTA is not popular in Japan, and the 360 has a lot of momentum right now in the states.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Not a chance, because MGS is maybe the most popular game in Japan and the Xbox 360 has a non-existent base. Moreover, Kojima Hideo has said multiple times that he thinks MGS is tailor-made for the PS3, and that his 360 games would not be part of the MGS universe. As for GTA, what has been announced, according to what I read, is that it might not be a PS3 exclusive anymore, and instead might be released on both systems simultaneously. That would make more sense, since GTA is not popular in Japan, and the 360 has a lot of momentum right now in the states.

Alls im saying is what i read in the article in a magazine, and it said they might be forcing Hideo to make a 360 version as well, besides it will be way after march before the accomplished ps3 titles come out so sell the bitch
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Well I would sell the PS3 and buy an X360. The xbox has a much better online service at the current time and its great for Tiger and Madden online play versus people all around the world.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Okay, so here's my situation. I am living in Japan and have managed to procure a 60 gig PS3, and I'm debating whether I should sell it on ebay and buy a 360 or keep it. As far as games go, the only games that are must have for me are Madden and Tiger Woods. Beyond that I like Final Fantasy and Metal gear, which I understand are coming to PS3 exclusively, and I also like Halo. So as far as games go it's pretty much awash.

What the Xbox has going for it is price. Even though the PS3's have come down on ebay, it's still possible to fetch about a grand for one, so I'd be making around 350 bucks or so, all told. That would pretty much pay for a 360.

But the PS3 seems like the better fit for me because I live in Japan and it's region free (360 isn't), and also because the 360 is barely supported over here. It's really more of a niche product (I think it's sold about 500k units, which is nothing here).

I could always sell the PS3 and just buy another one, but I would be waiting a LONG time for that. I only got one now because I have an inside guy who I promised to give some English lessons too, haha, so he hooked me up. And I want to play NOW, not in march.

I know we have some gaming experts on here, so what do you guys think? I have to admit, I'm leaning towards keeping the thing, but it's tough to leave that money on the table.
Is it any easier to get a PS3 over there vs. in the states?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Is it any easier to get a PS3 over there vs. in the states?
No, it's actually harder because the demand is higher. I am only getting one because I am in with this guy, and my name is also going on a list that means I can't buy another one for I think a year (I can always get someone else to buy one for me if available, but still). Over here you can't even get Nintendo DS, and that's been out for however long now. I had to get one sent to me from America.

What the stores do when they get PS3's in is have a lottery that day which is advertised in the paper. People will take off work just for a shot at greatness. Again, I'm bypassing that cos I know this guy.

360 on the other hand they practically give away. You can get a new 20 gig model for 150 bucks. Problem is it isn't region free though, and there are only a couple games available for it.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

How about the Wii? Is that selling well over there too?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
How about the Wii? Is that selling well over there too?
Flying off the shelves. Same type of situation as the PS3. You can't get one.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #13
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

Nevermind, I didn't get the thing. It's a long story. Without going into details, let me just say that there's a fat bitch from Trinidad playing MY playstation as we speak. DAMN!

For the record, I was gonna keep the sucker.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Videogame system advice needed....please help

sell it and buy another ps3 after the supply opens up. there's nothing worth getting for it right now anyways.


edit: too bad :/. well, there's always the wii.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34510 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25