Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F... recurring dreams

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #16
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: F... recurring dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
You guys ever have dreams where you're hitting someone but it feels like you can never hit them fast? It's like your punches are in slow motion.
I have dreams like that about hitting or just other stuff in general. You feel like you in slo-mo.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #17
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,486
Re: F... recurring dreams

I'll be looking for something for several days, and then in my dream... I find what im looking for...

I wake up furious and angry at my damn sub-consciousness.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #18
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: F... recurring dreams

I used to have recurring dreams about snakes that started when I was about eleven years old. They're everywhere and they cover the ground where I try to walk, but there's always just enough room for me to put my feet down so I can get through them. But just as a get to the end of the path, one always strikes at me.

The strange thing about it is I heard one of those "dream doctors" on the radio once and she said snakes sometimes represent someone in your life who is deceptive or can't be trusted. Also, they may represent a male figure in your life. I'm like "oh my gosh, my dream makes total sense now." My dad left when I was eleven and he's the type of person who blames everyone else for the mistakes in his life and he takes very little interest in me. I always walk on egg shells around him, because I never know what will piss him off. No matter how hard I try I can't please him and in the end I always get bitten.

Once I heard that explanation, I haven't had those dreams anymore.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #19
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: F... recurring dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
You guys ever have dreams where you're hitting someone but it feels like you can never hit them fast? It's like your punches are in slow motion.
Yes, I've had that one. That one is a common one for people, so say phychologists. It means you're frustrated about something. In your dream you want to take out your aggression on someone or something, and you can't get the job done.

Another common one for people is the feeling of falling. That means there's something in your life that you don't feel in control of.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:12 AM   #20
Special Teams
 
Citizens for 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 40
Posts: 410
Re: F... recurring dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
You guys ever have dreams where you're hitting someone but it feels like you can never hit them fast? It's like your punches are in slow motion.
I have one similar to that except instead of slow motion I always miss the guy. Its like he's a ghost or super quick and I end up chasing the asshole all over the place. I get so frustrated that I go out of my way at work to piss the guy off, stuff like if we're walking towards each other I bump into him so he drops all the shit that he's carrying.

I dream a lot about work, there's nothing worse than dreaming about work all night then getting up and having to go to work.
__________________
"At night there is no such thing as an ugly woman."

Ovid (43 B.C.- A.D. 17)
Citizens for 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:18 AM   #21
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,312
Re: F... recurring dreams

I have the pee dream
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: F... recurring dreams

I had a really wierd dream once. Actually the dream itself wasn't so odd. The circumstances surrounding it were though. So one night in college, I have this dream that I'm standing on one side of the road on campus and my friend is on the other side. So I wave to her, she waves back. And she starts crossing the street and BAM! she's hit by a bus. She goes flying up in the air and lands splat on the asphalt. But then she gets right up!

Ok, so flash forward to the next morning. I wake up, and think to myself wow what a crazy dream I'll have to Amanda (the girl in the dream) all about it when I see her. So the whole day passes and I don't see her, and I haven't told anyone else about the dream. Suddenly around 5pm she comes running to me "Oh my God! I'm so glad you're ok. I had the craziest dream last night. I dreamt you were on the other side of the street where the buses come. You waved to me. I waved back. You start crossing the street and where hit by a bus!"

I would think that's really unusual that we would basically have the same exact dream about each other. Schneed, your analysis?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: F... recurring dreams

Damn tafkas, that's really creepy.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #24
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: F... recurring dreams

Remember the dream I had about you Matty? With the lavender scented pillows, the wild sage candles, the strategically placed video cam....Seriously though, remember that weird dream about you getting banned?

So one night this summer I dreamt we had to ban Matty. I can't remember why but it was so bad we actually had to have the cops come and escort Matty away from his computer in handcuffs with his face hidden by a hoodie. And the whole warpath community was in shock as they watched the live video feed online of him being taken away. I remember Gmanc having to answer questions to the press. Brud and I calling for an emergency meeting with our Board of Directors, what would we tell our shareholders. Seriously, it was one of the oddest dreams ever.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: F... recurring dreams

I used to have this indescribable recurring nightmare. Unfortunately, it's so strange that it's kinda indescribable. It's not a dream about real-life -- it's just a non-stop series of changing patterns. There are no recognizable objects, but all that occupies my mind is clay and grass (like the patterns are maybe made of clay and grass). Doesn't sound very scary, huh? Well, for some reason I would always "feel" myself being very uncomfortable during this dream, and fighting it to no avail. Eventually, I'd wake up sweating heavily, and very confused and uncomfortable.

I don't have any dreams anymore (or I don't remember them). People say it's because of a certain herbal supplement I like to consume.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #26
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: F... recurring dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Remember the dream I had about you Matty? With the lavender scented pillows, the wild sage candles, the strategically placed video cam....Seriously though, remember that weird dream about you getting banned?

So one night this summer I dreamt we had to ban Matty. I can't remember why but it was so bad we actually had to have the cops come and escort Matty away from his computer in handcuffs with his face hidden by a hoodie. And the whole warpath community was in shock as they watched the live video feed online of him being taken away. I remember Gmanc having to answer questions to the press. Brud and I calling for an emergency meeting with our Board of Directors, what would we tell our shareholders. Seriously, it was one of the oddest dreams ever.
that's pretty funny

As much time as I spend on this site, I never dream about it. I guess that's a good thing though.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: F... recurring dreams

I have dreams but I can rarely remember anything about them when I wake up.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,970
Re: F... recurring dreams

I normally don't remember my dreams much either, but the ones that I can remember usually have a lot to do with crap I saw the day before.
Last night, for instance, I remember that in my dream there was an interview on TV about a really jacked up hideous Dolly Parton (I had seen her picture on the cover of a tabloid at the store earlier in the day and it scared me). Then I dreamed I was following around a serial killer as the cops were closing in on him (probably because I was watching the show "Dexter" right before I went to sleep).
And then finally I had a dream that my house was being overrun by turtles and I had to save my dog (I have 2 turtles in a tank in my room and my dog was barking in the morning).

Basically, I think I'm the highly suggestable type.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #29
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: F... recurring dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I had a really wierd dream once. Actually the dream itself wasn't so odd. The circumstances surrounding it were though. So one night in college, I have this dream that I'm standing on one side of the road on campus and my friend is on the other side. So I wave to her, she waves back. And she starts crossing the street and BAM! she's hit by a bus. She goes flying up in the air and lands splat on the asphalt. But then she gets right up!

Ok, so flash forward to the next morning. I wake up, and think to myself wow what a crazy dream I'll have to Amanda (the girl in the dream) all about it when I see her. So the whole day passes and I don't see her, and I haven't told anyone else about the dream. Suddenly around 5pm she comes running to me "Oh my God! I'm so glad you're ok. I had the craziest dream last night. I dreamt you were on the other side of the street where the buses come. You waved to me. I waved back. You start crossing the street and where hit by a bus!"

I would think that's really unusual that we would basically have the same exact dream about each other. Schneed, your analysis?
After giving it careful thought, Dr. Schneed says you are full of shitake mushrooms!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #30
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: F... recurring dreams

This wasn't recurring, but when I was about seven or eight, I had a dream where I was sitting down to eat my lunch. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cut in half so it made two triangles. Before my very eyes, one half of the sandwich grew eyes, looked up at me, opened up and ate the other half of the sandwich. All in one gulp.

I think I watched too many cartoons as a young'n.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29321 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25