Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Nintendo Wii

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: The Wii

It may be tough coming across one this close to Xmas, but you'll see them on the shelves well before March.

ContraCostaTimes.com | 11/25/2006 | Nintendo refilling Wii supply
onlydarksets is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,961
Re: The Wii

You know, I have to say that the more I read about it, the more I want one! LOL

Nintendo seems to have a nice sleeper hit on their hands. A nice little comeback for them! Who woulda thunk it back when the PS2 and Xbox were kicking the gamecube's butt?!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #33
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,593
Re: The Wii

I think that people are getting more and more into the no-brainer "party" type games. I think that Mario Party and games similar to that started the trend. Multiplayer gaming has really come to the forefront of what's important about games. If I'm looking at the Wii, I'm like, "Wow. I can get wasted and have a bunch of my friends over playing tennis." Just games that don't require any thinking and just a little movement.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: The Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I think that people are getting more and more into the no-brainer "party" type games. I think that Mario Party and games similar to that started the trend. Multiplayer gaming has really come to the forefront of what's important about games. If I'm looking at the Wii, I'm like, "Wow. I can get wasted and have a bunch of my friends over playing tennis." Just games that don't require any thinking and just a little movement.
I know what you mean. I got hooked on Mario Party and Super Monkey Ball for Game Cube. They're just a lot of fun to play ... not super hard or challenging, but a lot of fun. Only the multiplayer though, the single player isn't nearly as much fun.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #35
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,593
Re: The Wii

I think that's kind of what gaming has come to. Sure people still enjoy the super involved RPGs, but some people just want to put a game in and play it without any type of learning curve.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #36
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: The Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I think that's kind of what gaming has come to. Sure people still enjoy the super involved RPGs, but some people just want to put a game in and play it without any type of learning curve.
I think that is an ignorant statement TMC, because not all games on the Wii are that simple. The only reason Wii Sports is a simple games is because it is more of a intro on how to get use to motion based controller. It gets you use to the system.

Like I said I have played Madden and seen Zelda played, they are not easy games.

Just try it out TMC, and other games beside Wii Sports. Believe me, Nintendo is getting such a hard rap, but the Wii really is a good system. This is coming from a solid PS guy.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #37
The Starter
 
mheisig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Southeast
Age: 30
Posts: 2,119
Re: The Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I think that is an ignorant statement TMC, because not all games on the Wii are that simple. The only reason Wii Sports is a simple games is because it is more of a intro on how to get use to motion based controller. It gets you use to the system.

Like I said I have played Madden and seen Zelda played, they are not easy games.

Just try it out TMC, and other games beside Wii Sports. Believe me, Nintendo is getting such a hard rap, but the Wii really is a good system. This is coming from a solid PS guy.
Listen, I think you misunderstood TMC.

What he was trying to say was that the Wii is a console designed for simpletons, and anyone with an IQ higher than a pet rock would not have much fun.
__________________
Your post count, reputation score, popularity ranking, VIP tag or funny signature has no bearing on how I value you as an individual.
mheisig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #38
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,290
Re: The Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Good luck walking into a store right now and finding a Wii. Other than the store demo models, I've still yet to see one on the shelves. We probably won't see them until March.
The deal is that all before Christmas stores were hoarding the systems to realease on Sunday due to it being in the Ad. If you go to Target or Best Buy or wherever about two hours before they open and wait for the line to form you should be able to get in the top 10 of the line and get on. I did this and I dont regret standing in line one an 8 degree day.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #39
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,290
Re: The Wii

PS fellow Wii owners. If you have one and are online send me a PM with your Wii number so we can trade Mii's.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,961
Re: The Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I think that is an ignorant statement TMC, because not all games on the Wii are that simple. The only reason Wii Sports is a simple games is because it is more of a intro on how to get use to motion based controller. It gets you use to the system.

Like I said I have played Madden and seen Zelda played, they are not easy games.

Just try it out TMC, and other games beside Wii Sports. Believe me, Nintendo is getting such a hard rap, but the Wii really is a good system. This is coming from a solid PS guy.
TMC does have a point though. Nintendo is going after a different demographic. They're not concerned about the hardcore gamers, those people will go for the PS3 or 360. Nintendo is trying to branch out to those who don't play typically play video games and from the sounds of it they are succeeding.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #41
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: The Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
TMC does have a point though. Nintendo is going after a different demographic. They're not concerned about the hardcore gamers, those people will go for the PS3 or 360. Nintendo is trying to branch out to those who don't play typically play video games and from the sounds of it they are succeeding.
sure they are with their basic games such as Wii Sports, but just because some games involvement movement does not automatically mean they are easier.

Zelda and even Madden, are not easy just because you have to move your arms.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23439 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25