Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Okay, I was playing this guy, who wasn't even that good, and I'm up 28-21 with a few minutes left. He has 4th and 20 and completes a 60 yard bomb into double coverage as he is getting sacked. Fine. Whatever. He scores, goes for two gets it. I get the ball back and he stops me. Now I'm a little sore about the whole 4th and 20 thing but it is Madden, and I've gotten lucky before in the past so no big deal. He has beaten me, has the ball on like my 25. So he downs twice then lines up for a FG on third down, even though he is up by one and I have no more TO's. So a FG is just rubbing things in......except he's not kicking a FG, he runs a fake field goal which I stop! So he calls timeout with 1 second left and kicks a field goal to win by 4. What an Fing jerk. I am so mad right now I can barely type. I wish there was a way I could find this guy and kick hsi dog or something.

I don't know if this thread is better in the Madden forum, but please move it if so.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Okay, I was playing this guy, who wasn't even that good, and I'm up 28-21 with a few minutes left. He has 4th and 20 and completes a 60 yard bomb into double coverage as he is getting sacked. Fine. Whatever. He scores, goes for two gets it. I get the ball back and he stops me. Now I'm a little sore about the whole 4th and 20 thing but it is Madden, and I've gotten lucky before in the past so no big deal. He has beaten me, has the ball on like my 25. So he downs twice then lines up for a FG on third down, even though he is up by one and I have no more TO's. So a FG is just rubbing things in......except he's not kicking a FG, he runs a fake field goal which I stop! So he calls timeout with 1 second left and kicks a field goal to win by 4. What an Fing jerk. I am so mad right now I can barely type. I wish there was a way I could find this guy and kick hsi dog or something.

I don't know if this thread is better in the Madden forum, but please move it if so.

Madden is like college ball. They track your points and how bad you beat people ranked to determine your ranking. Thats not poor sportsmanship, its playing competitiviely. I'll run the score up and I'll get the score run up on me. Its not as fun when you lose, but I'll play till the end and give a guy his stats that he earned against me.

Just the way it is...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Oh really? I just started playing online.....that's good to know then
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Oh really? I just started playing online.....that's good to know then

I've played people ranked pretty high and gotten beaten by like 60 pts... and that really sucks... you can never get that hour back lol...

my ranking has gotten better, but I haven't been able to connect at all this month, so I'm sure I've slipped...

Its funny, if you play someone really good, your ranking goes up even if you lose... lol...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #5
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 9,936
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Often times people run the same god damn play when playing online. I played this one guy couple of years ago who played with the Falcons...all he did was bootleg with Vick and either run with it or throw it if I had too many men close to the line. He picked me apart with that shit. I hope online play is better than it was couple of years ago.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Often times people run the same god damn play when playing online. I played this one guy couple of years ago who played with the Falcons...all he did was bootleg with Vick and either run with it or throw it if I had too many men close to the line. He picked me apart with that shit. I hope online play is better than it was couple of years ago.

In madden for 360 the gameplay is alot better and alot more realistic. Using combinations of plays open up things for you as you can make safeties bite on play action or with pump-fakes...

I played madden 07 for regular xbox with my brother in law and we both found plays that went for TDs everytime that we couldn't stop.

I've played 360 games that were shootouts (over 100 total pts scored) and played 9-3 games too that were complete defensive battles, which never really happened in the old madden.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,365
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Jerks online ruined the game for me.

They don't punt on 4th down.
Using defensive glitches to sack the QB.
Putting the DE 5 yards away from the tackle so he can run by him.
I will usually only play friends and we make rules. We like a realistic game.
And I'm tired of people using the same 4 teams. GRRRRRR!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Jerks online ruined the game for me.

They don't punt on 4th down.
Using defensive glitches to sack the QB.
Putting the DE 5 yards away from the tackle so he can run by him.
I will usually only play friends and we make rules. We like a realistic game.
And I'm tired of people using the same 4 teams. GRRRRRR!
That is me as well.
I was the best Gameday football player...seriously, no one beat me, so my friends and I came up with rules to even up the playing field and make it more realistic. IE: No on side kicks unless needed in the late 4th quarter. (I discovered a glitch with onside kicks and could recover one about 80% of the time...the new madden I can get one about 40-50% of the time) So now that we play Madden football, it's more fun to make it realistic. Score anywhere from 100 to 200 points a game is not fun.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Jerks online ruined the game for me.

They don't punt on 4th down.
Using defensive glitches to sack the QB.
Putting the DE 5 yards away from the tackle so he can run by him.
I will usually only play friends and we make rules. We like a realistic game.
And I'm tired of people using the same 4 teams. GRRRRRR!

Call a play wher portis lines up to your side and pass blocks, and send him in motion to block... he usually picks it right up... or roll out to the other side and use quick crossing routes...

I think the new madden is the best for overcoming people who lack football skills and just keep doing the same thing to people.

I'll line up in a dime and blitz corners and dictate your throw, but I mix up man and zone coverage. That pisses people off who don't run the ball, because I may get beat a couple of times, but I usually end up with 7+ sacks and 3+ turnovers, which wins me the game...

I miss playing online. I hate the fourteen year old punks who think they invented teen angst and have to be sarcastic little fucks to everybody and rude because they can hide on the web...

I'd love a program that would show me addresses of the people Im playing, just so they knew the werent anonymous...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
I miss playing online. I hate the fourteen year old punks who think they invented teen angst and have to be sarcastic little fucks to everybody and rude because they can hide on the web...
I used to belong and frequent other sites to post thoughts etc, and the reason I left the other ones is because of those people.
This site is the ONLY one I have been too where it's not bad at all. Occasionally you'll get a few, but overall there are decent people on this site.

Maybe warpath should have their own gaming site?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
That is me as well.
I was the best Gameday football player...seriously, no one beat me, so my friends and I came up with rules to even up the playing field and make it more realistic. IE: No on side kicks unless needed in the late 4th quarter. (I discovered a glitch with onside kicks and could recover one about 80% of the time...the new madden I can get one about 40-50% of the time) So now that we play Madden football, it's more fun to make it realistic. Score anywhere from 100 to 200 points a game is not fun.
Also, what we do is just hold down the button that scrolls through teams, and whoever gets chosen we use. Doesn't matter if it's the Colts vs the Lions. It's a ton of fun, I totally recommend it.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: F People Who Exhibit Poor Sportsmanship in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Okay, I was playing this guy, who wasn't even that good, and I'm up 28-21 with a few minutes left. He has 4th and 20 and completes a 60 yard bomb into double coverage as he is getting sacked. Fine. Whatever. He scores, goes for two gets it. I get the ball back and he stops me. Now I'm a little sore about the whole 4th and 20 thing but it is Madden, and I've gotten lucky before in the past so no big deal. He has beaten me, has the ball on like my 25. So he downs twice then lines up for a FG on third down, even though he is up by one and I have no more TO's. So a FG is just rubbing things in......except he's not kicking a FG, he runs a fake field goal which I stop! So he calls timeout with 1 second left and kicks a field goal to win by 4. What an Fing jerk. I am so mad right now I can barely type. I wish there was a way I could find this guy and kick hsi dog or something.


I don't know if this thread is better in the Madden forum, but please move it if so.
i will kick his ass for ya. is he on LIVE, if so what is his tag
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27807 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25