Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Lakers Meeting with Duke's Coach K about Gig

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Special Teams
 
Dave Butz Baby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Reston, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 450
Lakers Meeting with Duke's Coach K about Gig

Breaking news... just a good thread starter!
__________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Dave Butz Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,708
I just heard about this on the news 2. if there's any college coach that is up for coaching the lakers, it's Coach K. hopefully it comes down between him and Rudy T. plus it'd be kinda kewl to see if duke falls apart after he leaves, lol.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
I don't want coach K to leave Duke. #1 he's the best thing to ever happen to Duke's basketball program and I would really hate to see him leave & #2 I hate the Lakers. I can't see him going to (what will be) a pitiful team come opening day.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
I don't want coach K to leave Duke. #1 he's the best thing to ever happen to Duke's basketball program and I would really hate to see him leave & #2 I hate the Lakers. I can't see him going to (what will be) a pitiful team come opening day.
like u wouldn't want whatever the lakers get for shaq if he's traded, kobe, payton, and maybe malone being coached by Coach K if it was the wizards, or whatever your fav bball team is, with all of that talent and not the lakers?
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:02 AM   #5
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
News Flash, skins. Kobe is gone. 95% chance he won't go back. Says something when he'd rather be a Clipper than a Laker.

Coach K is an interesting choice. I'd love to see Duke fall apart, and it'll give me even more of a reason to hate the Lakers. This is a win win for me!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,597
How did you come up with 95% chance that Kobe is gone? I don't know if he's staying or not but he did want Phil and Shaq gone and apparently he wants coach K as his head coach. Phil is gone, Shaq could be headed out the door and K could be walking in.

Not sure how coach K would do in the NBA but I think he's certainly earned the right to see if he can coach at the next level
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #7
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
like u wouldn't want whatever the lakers get for shaq if he's traded, kobe, payton, and maybe malone being coached by Coach K if it was the wizards, or whatever your fav bball team is, with all of that talent and not the lakers?
I'd rather coach K stay at Duke than go to the Wiz.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:51 AM   #8
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
News Flash, skins. Kobe is gone. 95% chance he won't go back. Says something when he'd rather be a Clipper than a Laker.

Coach K is an interesting choice. I'd love to see Duke fall apart, and it'll give me even more of a reason to hate the Lakers. This is a win win for me!
Why don't you like Duke? Sure they win a lot, but they do it with class. Which is more than can be said for other teams.
__________________
"It's not about what you've done, but what's been done for you."
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #9
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
How did you come up with 95% chance that Kobe is gone? I don't know if he's staying or not but he did want Phil and Shaq gone and apparently he wants coach K as his head coach. Phil is gone, Shaq could be headed out the door and K could be walking in.

Not sure how coach K would do in the NBA but I think he's certainly earned the right to see if he can coach at the next level
it's probably just the lakerhater in him that came up with those odds, lol.

The laker organization, jerry buss in particular, is pretty much showing how crazy it has become by handing the team over too a spoiled brat who may or may not be in jail this time next year. Shaq will most likely be back because a.)his salary is so huge only a couple teams would be willing to give up the neccesary talent/contracts and provide the money shaq wants and b.)those couple teams are r 2 of the lakers hated rivals the mavericks and the queens as shaq himself once put it. all four HOFer's will be back next year, if kobe's court case goes in his favor, and because the lakers have the 2 gigantic salaries, plus Coach K's if he accepts, they won't be able to make the needed tweaks to the bench and role players.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:17 PM   #10
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,597
Coach K has apparently turned the Lakers job down
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,708
yeah they'll probably go strongly after Rudy T to coach the team now. I for one am kinda both dissapointed and glad by coach k's decison. on the one hand he is a very good coach and it'd have been nice for the lakers to get someone the players can all get along with but on the other side I'm glad the deal got turned down cuz the last thing that should be going on right now is letting Kobe hand pick phil jacksons succesor.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:55 PM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,516
Coach K wisely turned down the NBA.

It's a players league.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31727 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25