Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Civil Discussion About Religion

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #181
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,617
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Poor Saden. Came here looking for God. Instead he's found Pythagoras and Euclid battling to the death at the Bellagio.

"Are you there God? It's me Saden"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #182
Special Teams
 
Rexi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 344
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, using your logic, then what did start everything? Knowing that life always has a beginning, it makes sense that something "non human" started it all. So I can understand you wanting to poke holes in the theory that God started it all, but what would add value to this conversation is your theory in what actually did start it all.
Nothing "started it all". There has always been a reality, always been "something" in it. Meaning that the universe has existed, in some form or another whether it is recognizable to us or not. On our level we see cause and effect and that seems like it applies to everything, but that is incorrect. On the quantum level the whole concept of causality breaks down.
__________________
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."- Joe Theismann
Rexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #183
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,919
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Damn I had avoided this thread but I missed out on the lessons for roulette and now I feel empty.

A system for roulette huh? Wonder how all those casinos are doing now that someone cracked the code to roulette. I bet they are seriously struggling to make any money.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #184
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,617
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Sorry man, didn't mean to steal your thunder, but I'm glad to see someone is getting my point. Sometimes I don't explain things right and I wonder how someone took me the wrong way...but I am doing an OK job of explaining myself...of course I could always do better.

I'm getting to the point that nothing in the world is fact, it is all theory. I think we as humans are due for an "epiphany"...something will happen that will change our core beliefs again. It's been a while since the last one.
Say...are you related to the famous Jay Sarno? The one who created Ceasar's Palace and other hotels on the strip?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #185
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

That just goes to show you, religion is..............(can't you see it coming).............a crap shoot
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #186
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,975
Wink Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
Scorpios are super smart and might I add - sexy.
Word.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #187
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Poor Saden. Came here looking for God. Instead he's found Pythagoras and Euclid battling to the death at the Bellagio.

"Are you there God? It's me Saden"
THAT'S humor!
#1313
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #188
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Damn I had avoided this thread but I missed out on the lessons for roulette and now I feel empty.

A system for roulette huh? Wonder how all those casinos are doing now that someone cracked the code to roulette. I bet they are seriously struggling to make any money.
Exactly. If these systems actually worked, you'd never see a roulette table in Vegas ever again. They'd close them all down.

Vegas would love you, jsarno. You're a classic case.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #189
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Exactly. If these systems actually worked, you'd never see a roulette table in Vegas ever again. They'd close them all down.

Vegas would love you, jsarno. You're a classic case.
Q. Those real tall buildings in Vegas are built by?
A. people with systems
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #190
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Sounds a lot better than managing Chili's.
Why do you insult my profession? This is not a place to insult with personal attacks and not the first time you made a comment of such.

Quote:
If it ALWAYS won, you'd be doing it instead of wasting time writing a book and selling a bogus idea. Either you are trying to sell a book that will cheat people out of money, or flat out don't understand probability. I find that sad for a person with a masters.
Funny...no stats....therefore you can't disect it and "prove it wrong". It obviously works. It's as good as gold, and you know it.
What seems to illude you is two things. 1- There are things beyond your control and comprehension. 2- You are dumbfounded that your literal stats don't apply to my system. Cause I know deep down, you didn't try the roulette at all, you made up a scenario in your head, and you posted it. If you followed my system "to the letter" you would have doubled your money instead of giving up when you were $125 down. (I find it extremely hard to believe that green hit 3 times in a span of likely 5 or 6 rolls. The odds of that are slim to none.) 3 people pmed me and told me they won with my system. You are the only one arguing it. Why? No clue at this point, but hey, whatever makes you happy.
There is a fundamental difference between me and you at this point. I look for the truth / positive in a post and expand upon it. You look for any "weakness" or negative and expand upon it. You obviously enjoy the rebuttle process.

I will leave you with this:
Quote:
Vegas would love you, jsarno. You're a classic case.
Yup, you're right, that's why I win money and you don't, and that's why my simplest form of betting ALWAYS works (again, no stats can prove that doesn't work). But hey, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink.
We obviously aren't going to go anywhere with this. You are not willing to think outside the box and beleive there are things beyond your own eyes. I do. There is nothing that can be said to this point to make this a constructive argument, so my posts will cease about this issue.
Again, I look forward to future debates with you, I'm sure we will meet again.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:56 AM   #191
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Say...are you related to the famous Jay Sarno? The one who created Ceasar's Palace and other hotels on the strip?
Not that I know of.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #192
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexi View Post
Nothing "started it all". There has always been a reality, always been "something" in it. Meaning that the universe has existed, in some form or another whether it is recognizable to us or not. On our level we see cause and effect and that seems like it applies to everything, but that is incorrect. On the quantum level the whole concept of causality breaks down.
There was a comment I made many posts ago that pointed out that people seem to be self destructive.
Why would you choose a path (not believing) that has absolutely no chance (that's 0%) of having a positive affect after death? But by normal stats, it's 50/50 that there is a God, so if you believe, you have at least a 50% shot of being right. And if you're wrong, it's no big deal, you're worm food anyway. SO please inform me why any logical person would risk his own life a chance? If someone said to you, "you have to choose a door, and if you choose the door on the left, you will receive certain death, but the death could be painful or painless (painful would be symbolized by hell, and painless would be worm food), or you can choose the door on the right and you will receive an afterlife full of happiness or completely painless death."
Which door would you choose?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:53 AM   #193
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Why do you insult my profession? This is not a place to insult with personal attacks and not the first time you made a comment of such.
This was not a personal attack. This was merely to say that winning millions per day at the high roller tables would seem to be a lot better than managing a Chili's. It would be a lot better than my job as well. It would be better than anyone's job.

And after my constantly asking you why you don't go to Vegas and play the high roller tables, you still have not answered me why you don't do it. It's simple logic: as quoted by you: "my simplest form of betting ALWAYS works." Therefore you can't lose in Vegas. Therefore there is no downside. So why don't you go there, start winning on the small tables, move over to the high roller tables when you have enough money, and become a millionaire? I mean there's no reason you can't start betting $100 a roll after being there for a couple days. And after a few more days, $1000 a roll. If you can answer why you are ignoring this foolproof opportunity to make millions of dollars, then you will have me convinced.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #194
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Why would you choose a path (not believing) that has absolutely no chance (that's 0%) of having a positive affect after death?
This is exactly what I don't like about religion. Some people choose their beliefs based on risk. Ugh.

The ONLY reason I EVER considered a God was because of my own guilt. I couldn't care less about my life after death -- that is NOT why I care about God.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #195
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Straight up, Ghetto. Choosing to be a christian just to have an assurance that you'll enjoy a good afterlife is a hypocritical perspective. You should live your life as a christian would because that in itself is the right thing to do not because of some reward system.

A question I ask myself from time to time is "If I knew that there was no afterlife, would I continue being a decent person who tries to be selfless, generous and helpful?" I'm pleased to know that I would. The "good" is within me and is my choice to act on.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.51568 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25