Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Civil Discussion About Religion

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #61
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
the reason they cannot be proven is becaue they are just theoies. why is it people need scientific proof to know if something exists ? i believe some poeple who are non believers use science as a crutch. they are fearfull of what happens after death and they say to themselves "well i can't see god and there's not enough scientific evidence to prove he is real, so i'll just continue to not believe".

can you see the wind ? no, but you can see and feel the effects of the wind. what is your reasoning for believing there is a thing called wind? is it because some scientists created a way to measure the speed of it.
Very, very good post.
I also noticed the same thing. Evolution can't be proven, but it is universally beleived by athiests / agnostics etc. God can not be proven, but He is universally dismissed by the same people. Why is God dismissed, but evolution embraced? Niether can be proven 100%. Doesn't make sense to me.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #62
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Will your system work in Russian Roulette?
hahaha,
no...but it would work better if you were the first to pull the trigger. AT least then you have a 1 in 8 shot of it not getting you. I would just personally rather play with money..I can make more of that, I can't create another life. Not worth the odds.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #63
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The only reason the theories can't be proven was because we weren't around to record history over the course of billions of years. I'd love for you to go into details, because all of the arguments against the theory of evolution are scientifically flimsy at best.
The arguments against evolution are a lot stronger than the arguments for it. Evolution has basically been proven to be false. The scientists just have no other ideas against a creator, so they are sticking with evolution.
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #64
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
The arguments against evolution are a lot stronger than the arguments for it. Evolution has basically been proven to be false. The scientists just have no other ideas against a creator, so they are sticking with evolution.
Can you please provide a link to some information that has proven evolution to be false?

Because now you're just making things up.

That's not even close to being true.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #65
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Glad to see you got my point.

However, I will tell you this, I have NEVER lost in roulette. In fact I have paid for my cruises with my system...and I have written a short "book" on how anyone can do it. I've won my mother (a complete idiot in gambling) lots of money. There are several keys, like never bet a ton of money, but what I bank on is that the wheel will always right itself. Just because you can't understand how I win, doesn't mean it is not possible. Also, you never stay at the wheel more than approximately 5 minutes at a time...I will not divulge my system, especially to such a person that only wants to pick it apart without looking at it...but I will give my basics to anyone that wants them via private message. (please only people that have played it before, it takes too long to explain the entire table)

You ask why I don't live in Vegas?
1- Since I figured out that the world will right itself somehow / equal the field, I have won over 10k in 4 years. (hope the tax man isn't watching) However, it comes at a price. It takes time and energy.
2- It's not fun. I had fun when I started, but inevitably, you will lose some and then have to gain it back to win overall. It's work.
3- There ARE people that make a career out of it, and make a very good living. It's not your fault you don't know, you're just skeptical.

ps- flipping a coin is not like playing roulette, you have 38 options in roulette, only 2 with flipping a coin. But I will say this, try flipping a coin 100 times and always use more or less umph when flipping (like a roulette dealer will use more or less umph to toss the ball on the wheel) and keep track of how many times it hits heads or tails. If you flip the same way every time, it will hit one more than the other, but if you change it up the coin will hit heads anywhere from 40-60% of the time, so why does it not hit say 10% of the time? Or 15% of the time?
I actually did a long study of how many numbers were hit and how often..I did over 10,000 rolls on the roulette system, and I noticed patterns. Like, don't EVER pick the actual numbers, you will lose.

I made this way too long...especially since you likely will not listen.

After thinking about it, I don't think a PM could explain the system since it doesn't have enough room, I'd need to e-mail the system.
You're right, I definitely am not listening. Your system is full of crap. If you really believed that strongly in it, you'd be in Vegas making tons of money. You actually mean to tell me that betting roullette in Vegas is hard work?

Find me one mathemetician or one expert on gaming that would agree that patterns exist in roullette.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #66
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
the reason they cannot be proven is becaue they are just theoies. why is it people need scientific proof to know if something exists ? i believe some poeple who are non believers use science as a crutch. they are fearfull of what happens after death and they say to themselves "well i can't see god and there's not enough scientific evidence to prove he is real, so i'll just continue to not believe".

can you see the wind ? no, but you can see and feel the effects of the wind. what is your reasoning for believing there is a thing called wind? is it because some scientists created a way to measure the speed of it.
I wasn't going to respond to this, but since Jsarno actually bought this crap, now I feel the need.

You can see and feel the effects of the wind because it has been scientifically proven to exist. Wind is caused by the movement of air molecules (oxygen, nitrogen, etc.) which moves due to differences in high and low barometric pressure. Those molecules are gaseous matter. They move towards low pressure pockets in the atmosphere. You can measure the wind's velocity - our weathermen can tell us when wind gusts hit 50 mph. This isn't voodoo. It's science.

And pretty simple science at that.

This post of yours makes me feel very disappointed in the American education system, specifically the math & science departments. You don't have to see something to know it exists. There are other ways to prove it. However, there is no proof that God exists.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #67
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

to say that you have NEVER lost in roulette, either you have only played a handful of times, or are full of it. because sooner or later, its always about the money
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #68
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Actually you are not arguing what is "most likely the truth". You are arguing what is "most likely your opinion". Because what is most likely the truth is that there is a higher being of some sort, and science proves that. Like I said before, science goes as far back as it can, then scientists say that something had to have started it all. Everything has a beginning, everything, the only thing (in theory) that doesn't, is a "devine" being. Also, ask a doctor how the human body was made, and he / she will say it's too complex to be by accident. Does this prove the existance of God? Not definitively, no. But it certainly would lean more towards the truth being that there is a God, not that there isn't.
If you want to feel that everything that happened to us and everything around you is just one giant coincidence, that's your choice.
Science proves that there's a divine being? Please provide a link.

Doctors say life is too complex to be made by accident? Please provide a link.

I don't believe a word you're telling me. It makes it very difficult to have a serious debate when someone just makes things up.

If you can substantiate it, then I'll continue this discussion. If you can't, well then you've wasted enough of my time already.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #69
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Can you please provide a link to some information that has proven evolution to be false?

Because now you're just making things up.

That's not even close to being true.
Top Evidences Against the Theory of Evolution
Quote:
It can be noted that natural selection as a driving mechanism for evolution is totally inadequate. Natural selection (along with mutation) is said to have caused organisms to evolve from one basic kind (animals which can reproduce with one another) into another basic kind. This is prohibited genetically since all of the information for the development of an organism has already been encoded in the DNA of its parent. Variation to organisms must remain within its basic kind. For example, genetically, a wide variety of dogs can come to exist, but a dog can never become anything other than a dog. It remains in its kind. It does not have the genetic ability to become anything more. Admitting this, evolutionists have tried to explain that natural selection happened in conjunction with mutations to the genetic code. This could not produce evolution, however, since mutations do not create new genetic potential, they just alter what is already there. Furthermore, mutations are small, random, and harmful alterations to the genetic code. This also makes evolution from mutations impossible. For example, a working wristwatch does not improve but is harmed when its inside parts are randomly altered. Natural selection also contradicts the second law of thermodynamics which states that, left to themselves, all things tend to deteriorate rather than develop, while evolution wants to go in the opposite direction. "Survival of the fittest" demonstrates only how an organism has survived, not how it has evolved.
Just click on the link. It will tell you even more.
__________________

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #70
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I wasn't going to respond to this, but since Jsarno actually bought this crap, now I feel the need.

You can see and feel the effects of the wind because it has been scientifically proven to exist. Wind is caused by the movement of air molecules (oxygen, nitrogen, etc.) which moves due to differences in high and low barometric pressure. Those molecules are gaseous matter. They move towards low pressure pockets in the atmosphere. You can measure the wind's velocity - our weathermen can tell us when wind gusts hit 50 mph. This isn't voodoo. It's science.

And pretty simple science at that.

This post of yours makes me feel very disappointed in the American education system, specifically the math & science departments. You don't have to see something to know it exists. There are other ways to prove it. However, there is no proof that God exists.
thank you, you are actually proving my point when you say "you don't have to see something to know it exists". that's the exact reason i know god does exist. just like the wind, i've never seen him but also just like the wind, i have seen and felt the effects of him.
we can debate this until we're both blue in the face but the fact is god has changed me, he has made me into a different person, that is a fact you can never argue against. i'm living proof that god does exist.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #71
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Losing in the context of gambling is not equivalent to losing 1 single game. Losing is simply a matter of coming out with less money than you went in with. Like with everything else in life you can mitigate risk. I mean, If you drink too much you're chance of liver/kidney problems are higher. The less you do anything the more you stand a chance of coming out on top. jsarno has said he only plays for 5 min which mitigates the chance of losing tremendously. Take a look at the game of poker. That game requires discipline, patience and the ability to know when to quit.

In the long run though you will lose...everyone loses.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #72
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
thank you, you are actually proving my point when you say "you don't have to see something to know it exists". that's the exact reason i know god does exist. just like the wind, i've never seen him but also just like the wind, i have seen and felt the effects of him.
we can debate this until we're both blue in the face but the fact is god has changed me, he has made me into a different person, that is a fact you can never argue against. i'm living proof that god does exist.
What were you doing when god was changing you? Sit idle? My take is that you made the necessary changes, god just inspired you.

I am glad for you but the fact of the matter is your "transformation" is not something you can scientifically study to prove the existence of god. In hard sciences anyways but perhaps psychologically and philosophically.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #73
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
What were you doing when god was changing you? Sit idle? My take is that you made the necessary changes, god just inspired you.

I am glad for you but the fact of the matter is your "transformation" is not something you can scientifically study to prove the existence of god. In hard sciences anyways but perhaps psychologically and philosophically.
thank you for being glad for me. hopefully, one day, you'll understand and then i can be glad for you as well.

god bless
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Roulette 101: Pick a number, put down a wager, like $5. If the ball does not land on your #, you lose $5. Since you are down $5 you need to make the original wager plus your total loss. So place a $10 bet on the same number. If you lose the $10 dollars you must put in (at least) $15. You have to have sufficient funds to continue with this way of wagering until eventually your number is the one that the ball lands on. It may take a thousand dollars or more but that's about the only (and simplest) way of making cash in roulette. The key is picking the same number (or group of numbers) until you win AND you always bet more than your total loss thus far.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #75
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: Civil Discussion About Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Roulette 101: Pick a number, put down a wager, like $5. If the ball does not land on your #, you lose $5. Since you are down $5 you need to make the original wager plus your total loss. So place a $10 bet on the same number. If you lose the $10 dollars you must put in (at least) $15. You have to have sufficient funds to continue with this way of wagering until eventually your number is the one that the ball lands on. It may take a thousand dollars or more but that's about the only (and simplest) way of making cash in roulette. The key is picking the same number (or group of numbers) until you win AND you always bet more than your total loss thus far.
Wrong again, Flanders. There are 38 squares on the board (including 0 and 00), but you only get paid 36 times your money for hitting a number.

Do that over time and you're going to lose, guaranteed.

Gambling wins and losses come from repeating the bets over the short run. Over the short run, luck rules the game. Over the long run, the math always wins.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.57073 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25