Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Hilary Clinton to run for President

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #91
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
...They are just trying to stir their base which is a tiny part of the US population...
The Dems ignoring this 'tiny' part of the US population for the better part of a decade is one reason why they can't win the presidency.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #92
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
The Dems ignoring this 'tiny' part of the US population for the better part of a decade is one reason why they can't win the presidency.
True, but unfortunately if the Dem base came out just a little bit stronger in the polls then they would dominate every election. The main problem is the minority and youth vote never comes out strong. Hopefully this election more voters will see the path our country is tumbling down and they will vote for change.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #93
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

hey firstdown, check your pm
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #94
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
this is a fabricated story, along with the weapons of mass destruction, that the republicans wanted the public to believe in, so that w could invade iraq. and finish something his daddy couldnt
Are you saying that the WMDs was made up? I think it is generally accepted that EVERYONE, including the Brits, Germans and hell even the French were SURE they had weapons. I am not saying the other stuff wasn't stretched but I am tired of hearing about the BS WMD lie. No one lied. They were just wrong.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #95
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i think what matty is trying to say, to use an example, is like when the swift boat repulicans denounced john keryys wartime experience. for the most part, no one in the party said a word, they just stood by silently, and took it. here was a decorated war veteran, getting dragged thru the mud, and the democrats let it happen
I would argue that for every swift boat load of crap(which it was) there is a WMD lie load of crap.. Neither side gets to claim the high road.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:16 AM   #96
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,053
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Are you saying that the WMDs was made up? I think it is generally accepted that EVERYONE, including the Brits, Germans and hell even the French were SURE they had weapons. I am not saying the other stuff wasn't stretched but I am tired of hearing about the BS WMD lie. No one lied. They were just wrong.

OMG, I am speechless. We have clear evidence and the whole yellow cake thing escapes your mind? The fact that the CIA had some reservations about the claim doesn't bother you? That's not wrong, that's world mass deception.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:04 AM   #97
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Are you saying that the WMDs was made up? I think it is generally accepted that EVERYONE, including the Brits, Germans and hell even the French were SURE they had weapons. I am not saying the other stuff wasn't stretched but I am tired of hearing about the BS WMD lie. No one lied. They were just wrong.
i disagree with this, but.. it would have been a whole lot easier to swallow if bush and the boys would have come out and said this. look folks, we were wrong. never a peep, still declaring they(wmd) are in iraq, somewhere
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #98
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
OMG, I am speechless. We have clear evidence and the whole yellow cake thing escapes your mind? The fact that the CIA had some reservations about the claim doesn't bother you? That's not wrong, that's world mass deception.
the thing that bothers me about this is, the CIA and the FBI existed for years and years, but never worked together? someone way back when should have handled this. they should be sharing info, and working hand and hand, to better our security
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #99
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
OMG, I am speechless. We have clear evidence and the whole yellow cake thing escapes your mind? The fact that the CIA had some reservations about the claim doesn't bother you? That's not wrong, that's world mass deception.
The CIA had qualms about the African Uranium claims not WMDs in general. It was accepted worldwide that they had WMDs. That is the truth. You are the one forgetting. The only person saying they didn't was Hans Blix who everyone thought was a nut. Apparently we should have listened.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #100
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the thing that bothers me about this is, the CIA and the FBI existed for years and years, but never worked together? someone way back when should have handled this. they should be sharing info, and working hand and hand, to better our security
Wow. Didn't think I'd agree with you on anything in this thread.

But yeah, the CIA, FBI, & NSA (among others) should have been working hand in hand all these years to protect us. Unfortunately past presidents didn't see it that way.

I don't agree with everything Louis Freeh did as Director of the FBI, but he was on the right track when he went to Clinton in the mid to late 90s to try and break down the wall of separation between the FBI and CIA. Clinton wouldn't have any of it, unfortunately. I like to think that if he knew then what he knows now he would have listened to Director Freeh.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #101
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Wow. Didn't think I'd agree with you on anything in this thread.

But yeah, the CIA, FBI, & NSA (among others) should have been working hand in hand all these years to protect us. Unfortunately past presidents didn't see it that way.

I don't agree with everything Louis Freeh did as Director of the FBI, but he was on the right track when he went to Clinton in the mid to late 90s to try and break down the wall of separation between the FBI and CIA. Clinton wouldn't have any of it, unfortunately. I like to think that if he knew then what he knows now he would have listened to Director Freeh.
do you have any idea on why, no one wanted these govt organizations working hand in hand? it seems like that would make alot of sense
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #102
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
do you have any idea on why, no one wanted these govt organizations working hand in hand? it seems like that would make alot of sense
I have stopped trying to figure out what these people do. I think the institutional rivalries are just so deep seeded and the political atmosphere in DC is so rancorous and divided that politicians don't even try to do what is right any more. They just do what is easiest. And I guess it was easiest to not do anything. I don't blame Clinton. If he couldn't navigate the political waters to make something liek that happen then no one could. I am pretty disenfrachised about our government in almost every respect.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #103
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

BOTH parties have become more about their parties interests, and forgetting about what the PEOPLE want. and if the opposite party has an idea, it is the worst idea ever, regardless of how good it is.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #104
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Did you know....9 years ago today is when the Monica Lewinsky story first broke? Crazy that it's been that long ago.

Also, breaking news...Steven Spielberg, Will Smith, Tom Hanks, and Julia Roberts have all said they're throwing their support behind Obama and not Hillary. Considering the success of the candidate they threw their support behind in 2004 I'd say Hill is now a lock
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #105
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Hilary Clinton to run for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the thing that bothers me about this is, the CIA and the FBI existed for years and years, but never worked together? someone way back when should have handled this. they should be sharing info, and working hand and hand, to better our security
Not sure of the ladies name but in the Clinton administration she made it illegal (not sure if thats the right term) to make sharing info a no no. The reason I remember this is because their was a fuss about her sitting as a member on the 9/11 commission because she would be investigating stuff she did.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.52022 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25