Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #46
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,519
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

I can't speak for others but I have 1 son and 2 daughters and if anyone of them were to come to me and tell me that they are gay I would not turn my back on them. I wouldn't be pleased, I am sure, at first. But at the end of the day they still would be my son or daughter and I would still be proud of them.

I am not saying that Cheney doesn't love or isn't proud of his daughter, but here is a guy that can help his own daughter live life a little easier and what does he do? He takes a back seat to the whole issue.

I am sorry but to me that is unacceptable to be a person who has some power and he does nothing to promote the well being of his daughter and his grandchild that will be growing up in a same sex household. No he just basicly washes his hands of the whole issue, boy that would be a great way to show your own flesh and blood that you care for her...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-26-2007, 01:15 AM   #47
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,836
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I can't speak for others but I have 1 son and 2 daughters and if anyone of them were to come to me and tell me that they are gay I would not turn my back on them. I wouldn't be pleased, I am sure, at first. But at the end of the day they still would be my son or daughter and I would still be proud of them.

I am not saying that Cheney doesn't love or isn't proud of his daughter, but here is a guy that can help his own daughter live life a little easier and what does he do? He takes a back seat to the whole issue.

I am sorry but to me that is unacceptable to be a person who has some power and he does nothing to promote the well being of his daughter and his grandchild that will be growing up in a same sex household. No he just basicly washes his hands of the whole issue, boy that would be a great way to show your own flesh and blood that you care for her...

I think that's well said. I am not exactly Martin Luther King, but I do think I would have the principle in that situation to go into the president's office and say, we have to abandon this issue or I'm stepping down. I mean, it wouldn't be a question.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #48
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I can't speak for others but I have 1 son and 2 daughters and if anyone of them were to come to me and tell me that they are gay I would not turn my back on them. I wouldn't be pleased, I am sure, at first. But at the end of the day they still would be my son or daughter and I would still be proud of them.

I am not saying that Cheney doesn't love or isn't proud of his daughter, but here is a guy that can help his own daughter live life a little easier and what does he do? He takes a back seat to the whole issue.

I am sorry but to me that is unacceptable to be a person who has some power and he does nothing to promote the well being of his daughter and his grandchild that will be growing up in a same sex household. No he just basicly washes his hands of the whole issue, boy that would be a great way to show your own flesh and blood that you care for her...
... and that's why Cheney is a coward.

djnemo said it best: Cheney should've stepped down.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #49
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

why does everything in politics have to be about bill clinton? he must have been one helluva president
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #50
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,053
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
why does everything in politics have to be about bill clinton? he must have been one helluva president
Just like everything for everyone else is George Bush?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,519
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
He has backed his daughter and if you do a search there are plenty of articles about his stance on the issue. Cheney at odds with Bush on gay marriage - Politics - MSNBC.com
Ok then whats the big deal if Wolf asks him questions about it in an interview?
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
Ok then whats the big deal if Wolf asks him questions about it in an interview?
The big deal simply seems to stem from the fact that it was a question that involves Cheney and his family on a personal level. There are a lot of other issues to deal with that Cheney can answer without going into something that diametrically opposes his party's position. I think Mr. Blitzer should've simply crossed that off of his list of things to ask.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #53
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 8,317
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

I think it's fair game to ask a VP about a homosexual daughter when the Bush administration relied, in part, on a gay-bashing platform to get re-elected. That said, Cheney has every right to tell Wolf he's not going to talk about his daughter. So, Cheney got it right, he knew such questions come with the territory and he also knew he could say F-off if he so chose. I don't think that makes him a coward.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,519
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Whatever they bring that upon themselves when they become Presidents and Vice Presidents. No matter what its going to happen. Next your going to tell me that athlets are not role models.

Did Wolf cross a line when he asked Cheney about his daughter maybe, but isnt that his job also? And its not like Cheney's daughter is a minor here either, she is a grown woman.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I think it's fair game to ask a VP about a homosexual daughter when the Bush administration relied, in part, on a gay-bashing platform to get re-elected. That said, Cheney has every right to tell Wolf he's not going to talk about his daughter. So, Cheney got it right, he knew such questions come with the territory and he also knew he could say F-off if he so chose. I don't think that makes him a coward.
He's not a coward for refusing to answer. I'm surprised more politicians don't refuse to answer questions. He's a coward for not standing up for gays, and supporting an administration that is clearly anti-gay.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 8,317
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
He's not a coward for refusing to answer. I'm surprised more politicians don't refuse to answer questions. He's a coward for not standing up for gays, and supporting an administration that is clearly anti-gay.
Maybe he's conflicted about the issue or opposes gay rights. I would assume that many parents with gay children would have conflicting feelings.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Maybe he's conflicted about the issue or opposes gay rights. I would assume that many parents with gay children would have conflicting feelings.
Yeah, you're right. Coward is maybe too harsh. I just think a man in his position should be more loyal to his principles (if his principles are to support gays).
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #58
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 8,317
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Yeah, you're right. Coward is maybe too harsh. I just think a man in his position should be more loyal to his principles (if his principles are to support gays).
I'd agree with that. But, how many politicians are there that you think you could truly called principled and have the integrity to ensure that their conduct conforms to their beliefs?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I'd agree with that. But, how many politicians are there that you think you could truly called principled and have the integrity to ensure that their conduct conforms to their beliefs?
None. Which would explain my pessimism regarding the current state (and future) of our country. They all sell out sooner or later.

(and this is why I stopped voting)
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #60
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Cheney treated like others, angry about it

Cheney works for the party. He can't really do anything from his position because everyone has to work to appease THE BASE. His only option is to shut his trap about the subject and he is doing quite well in that regard. To expect much from him in regards to gay rights while he is in office is crazy.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32949 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25