Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What's your pet peeve?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #436
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What's your pet peeve?

People who use their caller ID instead of listening to their messages. It happens in ours office all the time where someone looks at there phone and calls back asking who called them. Well we have 4 people in the office and if you listened to your Fing msg. you would know who called and for what. Instead we have to guess and ask around who called who. That's even tougher when they are on the phone so its not like you can go around and interrupt everyone.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #437
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: What's your pet peeve?

My new one and it is climbing to the top very quickly.

Overall supportive moms who talk to their kids in a Sing/Song Rah/Rah cheerleader voice. IT is so annoying.

Lady next to me daughter just went away to WVU the girl calls 4 times a day to tell her how she is doing. IT is so annoying!

"OOOOOOH you got your first A on your homework, that is so awesome, you must just feel on top of the world!" "Hurray for Kristen!"

My wife will do it with my two year old son as well. It is annoying I am like do you want him to think we live in Candy Land the board game, just tell him how it is not all sing/songy!

Grrrrr....

I know sometimes when you are down it is nice to have your mom pick you up but doing all the time is so annoying.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #438
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
People who use their caller ID instead of listening to their messages. It happens in ours office all the time where someone looks at there phone and calls back asking who called them. Well we have 4 people in the office and if you listened to your Fing msg. you would know who called and for what. Instead we have to guess and ask around who called who. That's even tougher when they are on the phone so its not like you can go around and interrupt everyone.
I kind of hate voicemails period when it comes to being at work. I don't mind them when it's my cell phone or home phone, but at work I'm like, "Mother f-er, how hard is it to shoot me an email about what the problem is? I GET my emails on my cell phone so even if I'm out, you're going to get a MUCH more immediate response. Otherwise, you're: looking up my extension, waiting for my lengthy voicemail message to cycle through, leave me a message, wait for me to get BACK to get that message, put in my voicemail code (which is way more difficult where I work than it should be) THEN listen to your entire message.

EMAILS.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #439
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I kind of hate voicemails period when it comes to being at work. I don't mind them when it's my cell phone or home phone, but at work I'm like, "Mother f-er, how hard is it to shoot me an email about what the problem is? I GET my emails on my cell phone so even if I'm out, you're going to get a MUCH more immediate response. Otherwise, you're: looking up my extension, waiting for my lengthy voicemail message to cycle through, leave me a message, wait for me to get BACK to get that message, put in my voicemail code (which is way more difficult where I work than it should be) THEN listen to your entire message.

EMAILS.
Speaking of work Co-Workers who feel the need to explain in detail every damn story that happens to them.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #440
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I kind of hate voicemails period when it comes to being at work. I don't mind them when it's my cell phone or home phone, but at work I'm like, "Mother f-er, how hard is it to shoot me an email about what the problem is? I GET my emails on my cell phone so even if I'm out, you're going to get a MUCH more immediate response. Otherwise, you're: looking up my extension, waiting for my lengthy voicemail message to cycle through, leave me a message, wait for me to get BACK to get that message, put in my voicemail code (which is way more difficult where I work than it should be) THEN listen to your entire message.

EMAILS.

We must have the same system it is so annoying it is literally 18 key strokes to get a VM, awful! We have Avaya phones, the worst ever.

They are slowly switching them out so everyone keeps trying to break their Avaya in hopes of getting a new phone but not being to obvious about it.
I have literally proud water on to the key pad a few times and the damn thing still works!


__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!

Last edited by mredskins; 09-29-2010 at 04:00 PM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #441
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Running into snakes while mowing my lawn!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #442
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: What's your pet peeve?

The phone by far is the most annoying aspect of my job. Slowly but surely we're getting more clients on board with using email instead, but it's a hard habit to break especially for the old timers.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #443
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Running into snakes while mowing my lawn!
Years back I went to pull something down out of the garage and when I pulled it off the upper shelf a snake fell down on me. I'm talking a 4 to 5 foot snake and it slid down my arms and arond my neck and face. I screamed like a little girl as I dropped everything and ran. It was just a harmless black snake but I did not know that at the time.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #444
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Speaking of work Co-Workers who feel the need to explain in detail every damn story that happens to them.
LOL, suck it.

Seriously though mredskins, I've gotten conditioned over the years here that the second I walk into my office and I see the blinking red light I instantly get infuriated.

I have this one woman though who sends me an email that says this:

"Problem x8809 (her extension)" That's the only time an email is worse than the phone.

No body to the message, nothing.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #445
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
LOL, suck it.

Seriously though mredskins, I've gotten conditioned over the years here that the second I walk into my office and I see the blinking red light I instantly get infuriated.

I have this one woman though who sends me an email that says this:

"Problem x8809 (her extension)" That's the only time an email is worse than the phone.

No body to the message, nothing.
LOL, Its always the same jackass. I just wanna punch him in the mouth and its not even interesting crap that he talks about and what makes it worse is that he only does this with me.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #446
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
LOL, Its always the same jackass. I just wanna punch him in the mouth and its not even interesting crap that he talks about and what makes it worse is that he only does this with me.
Reminds me of the guy I share a floor of this building with (long story how there are only two of us down here)...

...I'm sitting here playing video games like a good employee and he comes in and literally paces my office for 45 minutes telling me about his kids and how he's going into marriage counseling.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #447
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: What's your pet peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Reminds me of the guy I share a floor of this building with (long story how there are only two of us down here)...

...I'm sitting here playing video games like a good employee and he comes in and literally paces my office for 45 minutes telling me about his kids and how he's going into marriage counseling.
funny cause hes 8 years older than me and is always talking about the BS his wife does
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #448
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: What's your pet peeve?

TMC u play video games at work too? Great minds think alike.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26012 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25