Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Don Imus

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #46
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,056
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
My uncle made a pretty good point to me tonight. He said "You know, if someone like Chris Rock said these comments, we wouldn't ever here about it"...

I kind of agree with him.

Granted, I've despised Imus for quite a long time, but I think my uncle had a point.

IMO I think the only reason he got yanked was because the advertisers pulled out. It was merely a business decision, so don't give MS NBC any credit for being "noble" or anything to that cause.

Imus is and always has been a bastard... so I don't think that's any news.
I never heard Christ Rocks say "Long nosed Jewish bitch" or "San Fag-cisco home of the fags."
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2007, 01:42 AM   #47
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I never heard Christ Rocks say "Long nosed Jewish bitch" or "San Fag-cisco home of the fags."
Is Christ Rocks Jesus' stand-up comedian brother? Just kidding, but did Imus say those things?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #48
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Are you talking about this? If not, you need to provide a link.
Yes, that was it. I guess now your argument will be that those guys volunteered to be on that show. And my rebuttle will be that the Rutgers team volunteered to play for that team, but not to be badgered by Imus so I can see your point. But that is neither here nor there. I already stated that the venue that Imus made those comments in is wrong and the circumstances were wrong. I am merely tring to point out that there is a double standard on crossing the line. If a white commedian were to get up on stage and start making jokes about another ethnicity, the majority of people would boo him off the stage, and he would be the topic of racial discussion for a month. But when roles are reversed, everybody laughs, even the people getting clowned on. Why are things that way?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:11 AM   #49
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Yes, that was it. I guess now your argument will be that those guys volunteered to be on that show. And my rebuttle will be that the Rutgers team volunteered to play for that team, but not to be badgered by Imus so I can see your point. But that is neither here nor there. I already stated that the venue that Imus made those comments in is wrong and the circumstances were wrong. I am merely tring to point out that there is a double standard on crossing the line. If a white commedian were to get up on stage and start making jokes about another ethnicity, the majority of people would boo him off the stage, and he would be the topic of racial discussion for a month. But when roles are reversed, everybody laughs, even the people getting clowned on. Why are things that way?
Because once upon a time that same white man might have lynched a black man, and his white buddies would have thought that is funny. Because of years of injustice there is a sort of system in this world in which it is ok for blacks to insult whites. I mean I don't agree with it or advocate either side, it is what it is. Personally I think either people should be able to say things that are stereotypical for jokes, or both nobody should.

I also think alot of it arises from confusion. I doubt Imus or our good friend Krammer interacted with any black people at all. I mean Richards freaking called blacks "afro-americans", who the hell says that anymore?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:19 AM   #50
Impact Rookie
 
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Age: 29
Posts: 896
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Because once upon a time that same white man might have lynched a black man, and his white buddies would have thought that is funny. Because of years of injustice there is a sort of system in this world in which it is ok for blacks to insult whites. I mean I don't agree with it or advocate either side, it is what it is. Personally I think either people should be able to say things that are stereotypical for jokes, or both nobody should.

I also think alot of it arises from confusion. I doubt Imus or our good friend Krammer interacted with any black people at all. I mean Richards freaking called blacks "afro-americans", who the hell says that anymore?
My grandpa...and it makes me chuckle every time...he also immediately follows any comment involving a black person..."not that I'm a racist or anything"
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #51
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Because once upon a time that same white man might have lynched a black man, and his white buddies would have thought that is funny. Because of years of injustice there is a sort of system in this world in which it is ok for blacks to insult whites. I mean I don't agree with it or advocate either side, it is what it is. Personally I think either people should be able to say things that are stereotypical for jokes, or both nobody should.

I also think alot of it arises from confusion. I doubt Imus or our good friend Krammer interacted with any black people at all. I mean Richards freaking called blacks "afro-americans", who the hell says that anymore?
Good points, but have any of us here and now lynched anyone. I doubt it. Why is our generation still paying for the mistakes of those before us. You're right I don't feel that anyone should put another race name in front of American. We are all American's regardless of where our ancestors came from. Furthermore, we are all people. None of us is any better than the other. I like all comedy in the right forum, but the double standards have got to go for us to move foreward. Because as long as that barrier exists, so does racism. I am tired of it personnaly.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 AM   #52
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Good points, but have any of us here and now lynched anyone. I doubt it. Why is our generation still paying for the mistakes of those before us. You're right I don't feel that anyone should put another race name in front of American. We are all American's regardless of where our ancestors came from. Furthermore, we are all people. None of us is any better than the other. I like all comedy in the right forum, but the double standards have got to go for us to move foreward. Because as long as that barrier exists, so does racism. I am tired of it personnaly.
I agree with you too. It is kinda frustrating but at the same time I think the whole situation is less of problem than overt racism such as slavery, you know?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 AM   #53
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,056
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Is Christ Rocks Jesus' stand-up comedian brother? Just kidding, but did Imus say those things?
No but he did call a group of black girls "Nappy Head Hos" which is as much of an insult IMO.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #54
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I agree with you too. It is kinda frustrating but at the same time I think the whole situation is less of problem than overt racism such as slavery, you know?
I'm sorry I have Virginia high school education, you lost me at overt; never mind I just got it. Your right its not as bad as slavery.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 AM   #55
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
No but he did call a group of black girls "Nappy Head Hos" which is as much of an insult IMO.
just to play devil's advocate rappers and comedians definitely refer to black women as hos and bitches.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #56
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
just to play devil's advocate rappers and comedians definitely refer to black women as hos and bitches.
But Snoop said that when he says it, he is refering to little hood rats who are just out there triying to get a man for his money. Imus made the comments about a group of College educated women that were doing things with their lives. And that is the difference. In his opinion.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 AM   #57
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
But Snoop said that when he says it, he is refering to little hood rats who are just out there triying to get a man for his money. Imus made the comments about a group of College educated women that were doing things with their lives. And that is the difference. In his opinion.
I know and I have never supported what Imus said, I am just saying there is a double standard out there.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:19 AM   #58
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,056
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Yes, that was it. I guess now your argument will be that those guys volunteered to be on that show. And my rebuttle will be that the Rutgers team volunteered to play for that team, but not to be badgered by Imus so I can see your point.
I don't know what you're trying to say or the point you are trying to make dude. Also there is a huge difference between being badgered and being insulted. Having telemarketers call your home phone is being badgered. Having a well known media personality with a lot of listeners call you a "Nappy Head Ho" is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
I am merely tring to point out that there is a double standard on crossing the line. If a white commedian were to get up on stage and start making jokes about another ethnicity, the majority of people would boo him off the stage, and he would be the topic of racial discussion for a month. But when roles are reversed, everybody laughs, even the people getting clowned on. Why are things that way?
Perhaps black people are too sensitive? Perhaps there aren't white comedians with some balls or capable of pulling it of right? Give me an example of the kind of black jokes you would like to see a white comedian do. Or the kind of jokes you'd like a black comedian stop doing.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:25 AM   #59
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post



Perhaps black people are too sensitive? Perhaps there aren't white comedians with some balls or capable of pulling it of right? Give me an example of the kind of black jokes you would like to see a white comedian do. Or the kind of jokes you'd like a black comedian stop doing.
I dont know about specific jokes but black people in general really need to stop using "nigga" all the time. And I hang out with a bunch of black people especially when I am back at NOVA, and then our non-black friends also start saying it. It is fine but after a while it just makes you sounds stupid. It is almost insulting to use a word that slave owners once referred to black people as.

I just think it is a stupid term and just stupid to distinguish between nigger and nigga. Neither should be used.

And this isnt just me, many significant black leaders think the usage of the word is offensive and shouldnt be used.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 AM   #60
Registered User
 
100% PURE WHOOP ASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 42
Posts: 51
Re: Don Imus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I've always thought Imus was a jackass, this just proves it.
Matty your wrong he is not a jackass he's a racist biget, just like rush limbaurgh,..........a jackass can be forgiven, as a blackman he would made those comments about my child who played on that team I would have whooped his shaggy dog,..old prune ass.....whoever dont like that ........TO DAMN BAD
100% PURE WHOOP ASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35485 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25