Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #31
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
OK, I will buy one then.

My younger bro had a 20GB one. Now he bought a 60GB one but If he wants to sell you the other one I might be able to get it for you for like 250 dollars.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #32
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
My younger bro had a 20GB one. Now he bought a 60GB one but If he wants to sell you the other one I might be able to get it for you for like 250 dollars.
Phuc No! If and when I want one bad enough I will break down and buy it. I just cant see paying that kind of money for a video game console unless I can get a special Japanese massage to go with it anytime I turn it on.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #33
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Phuc No! If and when I want one bad enough I will break down and buy it. I just cant see paying that kind of money for a video game console unless I can get a special Japanese massage to go with it anytime I turn it on.

ok just thought I would ask.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 AM   #34
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,710
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
because I am a biased Sony guy. grew up on PS and I am not converting.
I used to be like that until I just started caring about the games and not the game system. I even thought I would be trading in my 360 when the PS3 came out, but I enjoy my 360 way too much. I mean if I had never given the old xbox a chance, I'd never have played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Halo, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, and Crimson Skies from xbox and Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Mario Strikers, and Wind Waker from gamecube. each next gen system has a strength in certain areas, but the days of sony getting all the exclusives cuz they are sony are obviously already gone with the like of GTA, Devil May Cry, Virtua Fighter, Ace Combat, Katamari, Resident Evil, Assasin's Creed and others going multi platform or even exclusively now to Xbox. Even golden boy of Sony David Jaffe, the creator of God of War and Twisted Metal, is creating his own studio and has already talked about doing multiplatform titles. I mean even Square Enix is finally making titles for xbox now. This generation's "battle" between Sony and Microsoft is going to boil down to who pony's up the most money for the big 3rd party titles and in a betting war, Microsoft's pockets are way too deep. Too many developers are taking into account production costs, the user base, and the online setup to not atleast think about going multiplatform.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 AM   #35
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

See I dont play all of those. Just halo off that list.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:19 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,710
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

I think the 3 break down as such:

Current/Near Future Next-Gen games= 360 is the leader by almost a 3-1 margin to both the PS3 and the Wii.

Backwards Compatibility= easily the PS3 with thousands of games to choose from, but also a nod for the Wii with all of the GC games working. this is one area that really really hurts the 360 in some people's eyes.

Graphics= right now it's 360 with a higher detail in textures, better anti-aliasing(sp?), and a full extra year's hands-on from the developers, but in about a year or 2 the developers will catch up to the horsepower and complexity of the PS3 and it'll be very nice.

Fun Factor= hands down the Wii because each game feels a little different because of the interactive controls.

Online= this for me is the huge deciding factor because before getting my 360 I had never played anything online and it's just a completely huge aspect of gaming that I'd been missing out on in my eyes. Xbox live, though it has fees, is much better set up with a lot less lag issues and more importantly a whole lot less cheating unlike the hugely cheap socom online. and the wii's online right now is pretty much non-existent

Media options= this is a tie for me because Blu-Ray is phenomal if you have a nice tv, but so is the option to have music I've ripped onto my 360 harddrive to play in the background of the game and not lose any of the sound effects or voice overs from the characters in said game which has been around since the original xbox so I don't know why it's still not there for the PS3.

each system has its strengths and weaknesses, so it just comes down to figuring out which +/- mean more to you BSB.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

I'm really impressed with XBOX Live. I used to think why would I want to pay for something I can get for free with Sony, but it's definitely worth it and then some. If you like online gaming, Live is the only way to go right now.

You're right about socom and the cheating. I love the game but the cheating is so out of control it totally ruins it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
because I am a biased Sony guy. grew up on PS and I am not converting.
Why? If a better product is out there why not try it?

What do you owe Sony??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

By the way, Sony just announced a price cut.

Sony Dropping Price Of PlayStation 3 | Game News Story | Multiplayer Gaming | MTV News
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #40
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,013
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Word on the street is that this week at E3, Xbox guru Peter Moore will announce that Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to the Xbox 360. This would be HUGE and could hurt Sony badly. With GTA IV already slated for October release and then potentially MGS4, PS3 will not have many exclusives that excite me at all (I don't play FFXXXX or whatever number they might be on now).

Things should really heat up in the console market in the next couple of months for the holiday push.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #41
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Why? If a better product is out there why not try it?

What do you owe Sony??

I have all 3 systems and I prefer the PS3.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #42
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Why? If a better product is out there why not try it?

What do you owe Sony??

I dont owe sony anything.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I dont owe sony anything.
exactly, so what's up with the brand loyalty?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #44
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I think the 3 break down as such:

Current/Near Future Next-Gen games= 360 is the leader by almost a 3-1 margin to both the PS3 and the Wii.

Backwards Compatibility= easily the PS3 with thousands of games to choose from, but also a nod for the Wii with all of the GC games working. this is one area that really really hurts the 360 in some people's eyes.

Graphics= right now it's 360 with a higher detail in textures, better anti-aliasing(sp?), and a full extra year's hands-on from the developers, but in about a year or 2 the developers will catch up to the horsepower and complexity of the PS3 and it'll be very nice.

Fun Factor= hands down the Wii because each game feels a little different because of the interactive controls.

Online= this for me is the huge deciding factor because before getting my 360 I had never played anything online and it's just a completely huge aspect of gaming that I'd been missing out on in my eyes. Xbox live, though it has fees, is much better set up with a lot less lag issues and more importantly a whole lot less cheating unlike the hugely cheap socom online. and the wii's online right now is pretty much non-existent

Media options= this is a tie for me because Blu-Ray is phenomal if you have a nice tv, but so is the option to have music I've ripped onto my 360 harddrive to play in the background of the game and not lose any of the sound effects or voice overs from the characters in said game which has been around since the original xbox so I don't know why it's still not there for the PS3.

each system has its strengths and weaknesses, so it just comes down to figuring out which +/- mean more to you BSB.
thanks a lot for the breakdown. That is really helpful. My cousin has both PS3 and 360 it seems like he has been only playing his 360 since he got it. He got the PS3 first. I think the blu-ray player is the only thing that has me going for the PS3 right now but thats not why i am buying the system. I think that i am leaning toward the 360 right now. I never got a ps2 and always was an xbox guy. Xbox live was the greatest thing in the world when i got my xbox and i am sure it has kept evolving. I wish the 360 elite was just at 400 and i would probably get one for sure.

Any news on whether the price may drop anytime soon for the 360? A ps3 price drop seemed to be comming for sometime now.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #45
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,907
Re: Sony kills 20GB Playstation 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
exactly, so what's up with the brand loyalty?

That is a good question. I just prefer PS3
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32061 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25