Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


If you had a million dollars...

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #16
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Toyota Sienna? A sweet ride? Man, what would your high school buddies be saying about you now? Haha, just kidding.
I'm all about comfort though, couldn't care less about style. I'm the guy who wears sweatpants to a bar and doesn't give a crap.

Those Siennas when you trick them out with leather seats and the DVD players for the kids and the premium sound systems with the MP3 blue tooth; it's very chill. Very comfortable.

Besides, you can't have a Porsche and a 'Vette when you need to cart a couple young'ns around. A million might make me rich, but it wouldn't take the practical out of me.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #17
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Honestly, I don't need a lot in life to make me happy. I'd probably sell my current house and move into one about the same size that had a finished or unfinished basement. I would redo the basement totally to make it into and arcade and theater room.

Since it would be subterranean, it would feel like an earthquake with the sound system I'd have down there. The rest would be divided equally into investments so I could live on that the rest of my life.

That, and two chicks at the same time.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #18
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm all about comfort though, couldn't care less about style. I'm the guy who wears sweatpants to a bar and doesn't give a crap.

Those Siennas when you trick them out with leather seats and the DVD players for the kids and the premium sound systems with the MP3 blue tooth; it's very chill. Very comfortable.

Besides, you can't have a Porsche and a 'Vette when you need to cart a couple young'ns around. A million might make me rich, but it wouldn't take the practical out of me.
I'll agree with you on vans. While the idea itself sounds a little lame, my parents had a Dodge Caravan that I drove while my car was getting fixed for about two months. I had just gotten my first job ever and money was FLOWING in, so I basically pimped this thing out with a crazy sound system, tint, LCDs and a DVD player. People BEGGED to ride with me home from school. If you do it right, you can't beat a nice comfy van.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #19
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Toyota Sienna? A sweet ride? Man, what would your high school buddies be saying about you now? Haha, just kidding.
i was thinking the same thing. you could get a tricked out escalade with a dvd player, then the kids are happy, and you ride in style
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #20
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,463
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Refinance and pay down some of my current mortgage, so that my monthly payments are significantly less. Replace my car with something a bit more roomy (01 Honda Civic). Finish off decorating the house, including home theatre, built-in bar in the basement. And invest the rest, make that money work for me.

I'd continue to work for now, but if I invest right, I figure the remains of that million, I could probably retire by 40, move to the beach and surf for the rest of my life. I have no problems not working...I can always find something to do.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #21
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,903
Re: If you had a million dollars...

put it in the bank and keep living life the way i have
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #22
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,903
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Honestly, I don't need a lot in life to make me happy. I'd probably sell my current house and move into one about the same size that had a finished or unfinished basement. I would redo the basement totally to make it into and arcade and theater room.

Since it would be subterranean, it would feel like an earthquake with the sound system I'd have down there. The rest would be divided equally into investments so I could live on that the rest of my life.

That, and two chicks at the same time.
u would invite me that is great lol
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #23
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: If you had a million dollars...

I would probably invest about $800,000. I would do about $600K in an equity portfolio and another $300K in some real estate.

With the balance I would probably start a non-profit foundation in memory of my mother.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #24
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i was thinking the same thing. you could get a tricked out escalade with a dvd player, then the kids are happy, and you ride in style
I hate those things.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #25
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: If you had a million dollars...

I'd rather be a soccer mom than a rapper.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #26
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I would probably invest about $800,000. I would do about $600K in an equity portfolio and another $300K in some real estate.

With the balance I would probably start a non-profit foundation in memory of my mother.
LOL, math much?

$800,000 < $600,000 + $300,000

It's all good, I just found that funny.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #27
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I'd rather be a soccer mom than a rapper.
Yeah I'm in that boat.

Buying a ride (or anything really) for the sake of style is a concept that completely escapes me.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #28
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: If you had a million dollars...

I'm more of the type of person who'd rather have an older car and fix it up.

My 1997 Mazda B4000 came missing a lower bumper, a cracked valance, and a dented front fender. Now it's totally pimped and I feel much better knowing I did it myself.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #29
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
LOL, math much?

$800,000 < $600,000 + $300,000

It's all good, I just found that funny.
Damn you!

I guess I meant $900K. $600 stocks, $300 Real Estate. Balance foundation.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #30
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,989
Re: If you had a million dollars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
You'd have to be an all star at dealing with money to have 2 people not in the same household retire. Especially after paying off all your bills.
OK what's the big deal?
he'd retire to life under a bridge
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27946 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25