Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Wacks the political Bee's Nest

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2004, 01:09 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
but then it wouldn't be 'clever'. just true.

i think a more relevant bumper sticker for bush/cheney would be:

"OOP$. Sorry About Your Son"
If I saw a car with that sticker, or something of that nature, on it, that car's getting keyed a couple times.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2004, 01:36 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
thats the point. its not a laughing matter. just read the 900th G.I. died over there.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 07:35 AM   #18
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
It's 1000 lives lost in Iraq.
If this was WWII the number would be over 140,000 lives
If it was Korea it would be 15,000 lives
If it was Viet Nam it would be 11,000 lives
If it was the first Gulf War it would be 1,500 lives.

peace
mike
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:27 AM   #19
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
does that make it ok then? especially under the false circumstances?
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
It's amazing to me that no WMD have been found and the evidence all points to the fact that we went to war over false information yet Bush just blows it off and says oh well. He even seems bothered when he's challenged on the issue. What ever happened to accountability? We're sending our soldiers to their death and for what? Because we considered Saddam to be a 'threat'? That's fine but we should have checked, double checked and triple checked our info and actually found some hard evidence before we marched off to war and had the gov't approve billions of dollars for the effort... which our children's children will be paying for. Another thing that's always bothered me is how we can have people starving, homeless and without quality educations yet we can never 'find' enough $$ for that, but once there's a war all of a sudden billions of dollars become available, but that's a topic for another day.

So what's stopping us from invading other countries we consider to be a threat to our national interests? Oh that's right nothing, we're the US, the world bullies errrrrr world police.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 AM   #21
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
It's 1000 lives lost in Iraq.
If this was WWII the number would be over 140,000 lives
If it was Korea it would be 15,000 lives
If it was Viet Nam it would be 11,000 lives
If it was the first Gulf War it would be 1,500 lives.
but between this and a picture of a gun to a candiate's head,
this is how you sign your posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
peace
mike
:confused-
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 10:28 AM   #22
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
lol

illdefined 1, SBF 0
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:12 AM   #23
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
It's amazing to me that no WMD have been found and the evidence all points to the fact that we went to war over false information yet Bush just blows it off and says oh well. He even seems bothered when he's challenged on the issue. What ever happened to accountability? We're sending our soldiers to their death and for what? Because we considered Saddam to be a 'threat'? That's fine but we should have checked, double checked and triple checked our info and actually found some hard evidence before we marched off to war and had the gov't approve billions of dollars for the effort... which our children's children will be paying for. Another thing that's always bothered me is how we can have people starving, homeless and without quality educations yet we can never 'find' enough $$ for that, but once there's a war all of a sudden billions of dollars become available, but that's a topic for another day.

So what's stopping us from invading other countries we consider to be a threat to our national interests? Oh that's right nothing, we're the US, the world bullies errrrrr world police.
I agree with everything you say Matty. My question is: Whatever happened to the hunt for Ossama Bin Laden?
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #24
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdefined
but between this and a picture of a gun to a candiate's head,
this is how you sign your posts.




:confused-
I am honest when I say I wish you peace. I wish the world peace but as an non-active duty Marine I understand that tough things have to be done in this world and tough people do it. As for the Kerry picture if you can't see that was posted in absolute humor then it's you sir that has an issue and yes you are confused.

Have a great day folks and....you guessed it

peace
mike
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:23 AM   #25
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
lol

illdefined 1, SBF 0
Dewd, you didn't have to make this personal. I never argue with other people about their opinions I just state mine. As I said before no one here is going to argue another person into changing their mind so way waste the time.

The elections are in November....just go vote and let that do your talking.


peace
mike
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:24 AM   #26
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
I agree with everything you say Matty. My question is: Whatever happened to the hunt for Ossama Bin Laden?
Well, the US ties to the Saudi family is probably a good place to start, more specifically the well documented Bush-Bin Laden family ties. Add in the fact that Bush was just dying for a reason to get revenge for his daddy and there you go, Saddam is public enemy #1.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:40 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
I'm tired and don't feel like another long debate, but i'll just say I disagree, and some people here really need to learn how to take a joke.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
Dewd, you didn't have to make this personal. I never argue with other people about their opinions I just state mine. As I said before no one here is going to argue another person into changing their mind so way waste the time.

The elections are in November....just go vote and let that do your talking.


peace
mike
ah c'mon man I was just kidding around

Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #29
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
I am honest when I say I wish you peace. I wish the world peace but as an non-active duty Marine I understand that tough things have to be done in this world and tough people do it. As for the Kerry picture if you can't see that was posted in absolute humor then it's you sir that has an issue and yes you are confused.
and Bush is tough? doesnt it surprise you that out of all this 'tough' administration, the only REAL soldier, Colin Powell, was against it? in the end he followed orders, just like the soldiers who died in this costly, needless war. you tell me why this 'needed' to be done, or is being 'tough' its own reason?

you know whats a CONFIRMED weapon of mass destruction? airplanes. we'd have Bin Laden by now (he also has a beard, but is NOT Saddam Hussein) if we put half the resources we put into Iraq into Afghanistan. instead Bush gave Bin Laden thousands more recruits worldwide by showing off just how 'tough' he is. and for what? what uniform has this 'tough guy' ever really worn? go ahead say that silly flight suit...

im certainly confused about your 'peace' signature, why you don't expect Bees to come from the nest you deliberately stur, and most of all why you think this election can be looked at with 'absolute humor'. its the most serious election in my lifetime. yes i have issues. i live in downtown manhattan, and the last thing this president makes me feel is SAFER.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:28 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
ok I did at least respect you enogh to read that but I'll still be voting of Bush in Nov.

But, you're not alone in supporting Kerry.
http://www.nagshead.net/2004election/kerrysupporter.jpg

lol
Have a great day guys.

peace and yes I mean peace
mike
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28247 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25