Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


afraid to die?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #61
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah I am terrified of it. I am actually scared of dying in my sleep. Its kinda weird. It really bugged me in middle school, but not so much anymore.

But yeah the thought of being insignificant sucks.
Weirdly enough, I was greatly disturbed about dying in middle school too. I was always afraid of the end of the world during middle school too. For some reason I always thought it would happen...
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #62
The Starter
 
Riggo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Clemente CA
Age: 40
Posts: 2,384
Re: afraid to die?

Here are some funny quotes that fit this thread.

I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
-- Woody Allen

I don't want to tell you how much insurance I carry with the Prudential, but all I can say is: when I go, they go too.
-- Jack Benny


It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life.
-- Jimi Hendrix

Death is life's way of telling you you're fired.

My father was from Aberdeen, and a more generous man you couldn't wish to meet. I have a gold watch that belonged to him. He sold it to me on his deathbed. I wrote him a cheque for it, post dated of course.
-- Chic Murray
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Riggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #63
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,442
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Weirdly enough, I was greatly disturbed about dying in middle school too. I was always afraid of the end of the world during middle school too. For some reason I always thought it would happen...
Yeah when I was really young it bugged me too, I used to lie awake at night afraid of being buried in the ground.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #64
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,427
Re: afraid to die?

That's really weird because I thought I was a strange kid for having thoughts like that.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #65
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
That's really weird because I thought I was a strange kid for having thoughts like that.
me too..
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #66
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,311
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Weirdly enough, I was greatly disturbed about dying in middle school too. I was always afraid of the end of the world during middle school too. For some reason I always thought it would happen...
I used to have similar thoughts around middle school age too. I think it happens to a lot of kids around that time, because you're no longer a little kid and you're able to comprehend a bit more of the world around you.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #67
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,217
Re: afraid to die?

When I was 6 I remember having really scary thoughts all the time that our house would burn down in the middle of the night. Not so much a fear of death, more a fear of fire that little kids always had.

I also used to have a fear that a giant real life Mr Yuck sticker was hiding in my closet. Remember Mr Yuck? That sticker your mom put on all the household chemicals you weren't supposed to drink? I thought a 5-foot version with arms and legs was hiding in my closet, LOL.

Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #68
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 2,476
Re: afraid to die?

My mom used to always cringe when people told there kids who were really young that people were "just sleeping" when they were really dead.

She would rant "great, now your kid is going to think he'll die every night because they'll make the connection some day you jerks"...

She was always about being totally honest with us, about what was going on in the world.

If we were confused... well no shit, life's confusing and it's constructive to find and figure some stuff out on your own. Some things we never really do figure out.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #69
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 2,476
Re: afraid to die?

hahahah! Mr.Yuck brings back so many memories. It was on all of our phones and I used to dial the number and just be confused.

Anyone ever dial 911 as a little one and get reamed for it?

Watch out shneed.

__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #70
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,217
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
hahahah! Mr.Yuck brings back so many memories. It was on all of our phones and I used to dial the number and just be confused.

Anyone ever dial 911 as a little one and get reamed for it?

Watch out shneed.

Can't sleep, clown will eat me!
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:45 PM   #71
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You say it was dumb to get caught in a hurricane. Whats dumb is going to were the hurrican is going to hit just because we had an island pass. My parents owned a cottage which gave them a pass which got us on the island to check the property. There was a line of cars 8 to 10 miles long leaving and one car full of to dumb a$$ guys heading in for the storm. I did stage a little show fo CNN like we where buying supplies and they took the bait and followed us around the store. It was cool because it came on and the guy was saying heres two guys getting ready for the storm and they show use getting tape, water etc... Then he said "and now they are getting the essentials" as we where taking two cases of beer out of the cooler. The hurrican braised the island and we only saw winds up to 60 mph. I will never do that again as that cottage on stilts was rocking pretty good with the 60 mph wind that did hit.
Well, I was in a concrete apartment, and had to put the mattress up on the sliding doors cause the winds went up to 125MPH and they were bowing, also it blew in the bedroom window. We were lucky...Punta Gorda got the eye, we didn't. It was quite an experience. If I remember correctly, It was the worst hurricane to ever hit Southwest Florida, and at the time it was the 2nd worst hurricane on record. I think it's now the 3rd. Not sure though.
The worst part of it was the fact that we lost power for a while. Like about a week. It was MISERABLE. 95+ degree heat, and 90+ humidity with no AC sucks.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #72
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I like the outlook on life here. Gotta make sure you take time each day for yourself.

For some, living life means traveling. For others, it's playing sports. And for others, it's simply taking the time to spend around family and friends. You don't have to be a risk taker or a bungee jumper to live life to the fullest. If you like bungee jumping, by all means, go do it and live your life. But if you like simply making sure you're sitting down to dinner with your family and not working 12 hours a day, then by all means do that.

I think it would be really hard to die knowing that you spent way too much time working, and not enough time doing the things you love, whatever they may be. To me, being on the "sidelines" means working way too much.
Yeah, I can agree with that. To each his own. If you are in too much fear to do something that you are interested in, then you are not living life. That applies to people that work 12 hours a day, cause you're afraid to leave that lifestyle, or try a new career. It all applies.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I used to have similar thoughts around middle school age too. I think it happens to a lot of kids around that time, because you're no longer a little kid and you're able to comprehend a bit more of the world around you.
Add me to the list. I went through a stretch where I insisted on taking my pulse every night before I went to sleep. Strange, I know

Anyone been near dath?

Probably the closest I ever actually came to death was my senior year of high school. Last week of school, I had what started as a simple itch on my finger and a headache. That night at the dinner table I picked up my fork and I suddenly felt like I was on fire. I threw the fork and started shaking violently. My brother grabbed me and pinned me down. We went straight to the hospital where a bunch of tests were done on me. Everything came out normal.

They figured it was a one time occurrence so I was sent back home. The next morning I felt totally fine and went to take my last final ever in high school. Came back home and when I started to put my hands around the remote control to watch tv the same thing happened again. I started shaking like mad.

Over the next two weeks my temperature was averaging 105 degrees, I couldnt' hold anything, I couldn't walk without assistance, a whole layer of skin peeled off, I lost nearly all my hair, my eyes were blood red, and I dropped 45 pounds.

But no matter how many doctors I was sent to all over the mid-Atlantic not one doctor could diagnose what I had. And since they didn't know they were reluctant to give me any medicine. Plus I'm allergic to aspirin.

Finally, the day I've always feared came. My primary doctor sat me down and basically told me that unless they could figure out was happening it was very possible I wouldn't recover, and that my family and I should prepare for that possibility.

I gotta say, I was numb. I don't know if it was that I was too sick to feel fear but I was more confused than anything else. Like "Ok, now what do I do?"

Ultimately, while they still don't know what I had, I got better. Mainly because my dad decided I wasn't going down without a fight and had me put on any and every medicine hoping one would work. It was about 6 months before I fully recovered and got to 100%. Even today, nearly 15 years later I have some residual effects actually.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #74
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,710
Re: afraid to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesscl34 View Post
Sheesh... that's one way to bring us down and ruin a day. Think HAPPY THOUGHTS.
really matty god
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:31 AM   #75
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: afraid to die?

[quote=SmootSmack;307430]
Anyone been near dath?quote]

I can count on two hands how many times. It is not something to brag about. Your sense of helplessness is magnified, your heart races, and adrenalin pumps. In your mind you are scared and accept it as being inevitable, but you body does not stop fighting. Short breaths, pounding heart, feintness, and fear of the unknown are all constant. If you did not believe in God, now you do and hope that he will save you from the tragedy that has become your life and possibly your death. When it is over you are either dead or realize how fragile life really is.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32544 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25