Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Group Coerced Censorship

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #91
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Wow. Dude that's really ignorant.
By all means show me how so, because rest assured I can back that statement up through the bible, how bout trying to do the same, [disproving it through the bible] equal ground with one authority the bible?
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #92
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Why should the bible be the end all authority on religion?

Who really knows who's right or who's wrong??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #93
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss View Post
By all means show me how so, because rest assured I can back that statement up through the bible, how bout trying to do the same, [disproving it through the bible] equal ground with one authority the bible?

Offiss, I think you've laid out some very solid and scriptural basis to back up God's plan of salvation and the literal place called Hell and the place called Heaven. And I have no doubt that you could also bring about a good handful of scriptures to further your point about Muslims. However, I think this is where the Law of Love, which is the highest commandment of all, should not only be held in consideration but application.

I think to use scripture, and we may certainly disagree here, to engage in a such a debate may border along the lines of error.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #94
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss View Post
The fact that you are speechless is laughable, aren't you the one who said they need to work the poison out of their system? So I really have to ask what poison were you refering to? And where does it stem from?
Poison as venomous individuals who preach hate and extremism (individuals like Falwell). Poison as in the despots who sit on thrones of these Islamic states. Poison as in ignorance. This poison comes from individuals, some of whom use religion as a cloak.

While I am not defending Muslim beliefs what I gathered from your statement is that Islam is somehow poisonous religion because it is a false and that Christianity is somehow superior. I find that a ludicrous proposition when you look at the history of Christianity itself.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:54 PM   #95
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Why should the bible be the end all authority on religion?

Who really knows who's right or who's wrong??
DING DING DING DING.

SBF, fact is you have no actual basis for saying you're right. When it comes down to it you have absolutely no clue if your beliefs are accurate. No one does. This isn't a dig on you, or other Christians out there. It's your right for you to believe what you like, but for you to sit there and try to tell me you're 100% right is ignorant. You have no way to back that up, as we always say “post a link.” I’m sure you can think of multiple bible versus that you can quote to that, where I can also grab plenty from the Koran and other holy scriptures that say the same type of thing. I simply hate people that try to push religion on me or someone that uses their religion to backup everything they do and say.

As far as what I said in the other thread, I stick by it still. If you don't like what someone says, why can't you ignore it SBF? I find people that I disagree with on a regular basis, but if I asked for their posts to be deleted there would be at least 4 less members here (and in case you're wondering, you're not included!). Why can't you just say "I disagree and here's how I feel." Whining gets old to me, especially someone who I believe (may be wrong and search has a 90 second cooldown and I misspelled your name) you've referred to the whining of liberals/etc on multiple occasions, but I know I’m not alone in finding many of your off-topic posts whining about something or someone.

Calm down some, realize the only person you can control and understand is yourself and relax. Here’s a verse from GZA that I think is something we all forget:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GZA
calling on his name and screaming alleluia
when he hardly knew ya
that's how the devil fooled ya
see look into my eyes breverand
that's the lies of a reverend
why should you die to go to heaven
the earth is already in space
the bible I embrace
That’s a song based on him finding religion (The GZA – Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth, or BIBLE) However, he makes a great point. People forget to live their lives sometimes.

I guess the main gist of my post is to say this: let some things slide. In this world no one knows who’s right or wrong, and like nearly everything else it’s grey area. There are few things that are black and white when it comes to making decisions.

Just assume you died, and found out you were following the wrong religion, that say the Koran was the correct book, do you feel that you should be condemned to an eternity of hell[or equivalent] because you made the wrong choice without the facts on Earth? This is just a hypothetical question, I’m very curious to see how you answer it.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Just assume you died, and found out you were following the wrong religion, that say the Koran was the correct book, do you feel that you should be condemned to an eternity of hell[or equivalent] because you made the wrong choice without the facts on Earth? This is just a hypothetical question, Iím very curious to see how you answer it.
very good question
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #97
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
very good question
People have the idea that people embrace Christianity for purely selfish reasons. That is to get into Heaven. To have after-life insurance. There are plenty like that to be sure, but there are also many who were living in Hell on Earth before they found Jesus and follow Him for quite practical, down to earth reasons. Life is better than it was before. So, if I die and there is nothing I still will have been better off and if the Muslims are right I would rather be cast into outer darkness than spend eternity with a gloating Bin-Ladin.

It's a waste of time to engage religion on the level of reason. It is by nature unreasonable. It passes understanding. It is a gut-level experience which places it beyond the reach of many. I'm afraid I'm turining into a Calvinist.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #98
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Listen guys, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #99
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Listen guys, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.
Yes there is, you just do not realize it, nor do you recognize him. I want to ask you three questions. First, do you know that gravity exists? Yes, and you have witnessed its effects? Third, have you in your lifetime, or anybody's lifetime ever witnessed any monkey turning into a human being? I didn't think so. If you arent going to shut up then at least give God his glory!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #100
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Yes there is, you just do not realize it, nor do you recognize him. I want to ask you three questions. First, do you know that gravity exists? Yes, and you have witnessed its effects? Third, have you in your lifetime, or anybody's lifetime ever witnessed any monkey turning into a human being? I didn't think so. If you arent going to shut up then at least give God his glory!
Wow. What an awful post. First of all, evolution is something that goes over thousands and thousands of years, second of all you made absolutely no mention of there being proof of god. You can ignore all the evidence of evolution if you want, but it might be best to keep it to yourself.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #101
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Yes there is, you just do not realize it, nor do you recognize him. I want to ask you three questions. First, do you know that gravity exists? Yes, and you have witnessed its effects? Third, have you in your lifetime, or anybody's lifetime ever witnessed any monkey turning into a human being? I didn't think so. If you arent going to shut up then at least give God his glory!
I think he was quoting Han Solo.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #102
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Wow. What an awful post. First of all, evolution is something that goes over thousands and thousands of years, second of all you made absolutely no mention of there being proof of god. You can ignore all the evidence of evolution if you want, but it might be best to keep it to yourself.
What evidence? Do you accecpt being the offspring of nothing but maybe pondwater? Second of all the world is only 6000+ years old. Try me on this if you will, but everyone who has ever tried to disprove God has failed and ended up beliving in the first place. Can you come up with "factual evidence" that I am wrong and that God doesn't exist? No, you cannot, you can only regergatate what has been impounded into your head as truth. In actuallity it is a Theory, or ones belief, a lie or a myth that has been spoken to you since birth! In other words it is your religion!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:36 AM   #103
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
I think he was quoting Han Solo.
I got your Han Solo MF!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #104
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Yes there is, you just do not realize it, nor do you recognize him. I want to ask you three questions. First, do you know that gravity exists? Yes, and you have witnessed its effects? Third, have you in your lifetime, or anybody's lifetime ever witnessed any monkey turning into a human being? I didn't think so. If you arent going to shut up then at least give God his glory!
By the way, are you suggesting that the existence of gravity proves there is a God? I'm not following your reasoning here.

Look, I like you angry and I enjoy BSing with you on here - but I don't get how in religion threads you act all pious and then in other threads you talk about going to strip clubs and how there is nothing inherently wrong about dog fighting? I think it's too acceptable for people to speak religiously without actually following their own religion's teachings. Too often religion is something you say, not something you live.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #105
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Group Coerced Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
By the way, are you suggesting that the existence of gravity proves there is a God? I'm not following your reasoning here.

Look, I like you angry and I enjoy BSing with you on here - but I don't get how in religion threads you act all pious and then in other threads you talk about going to strip clubs and how there is nothing inherently wrong about dog fighting? I think it's too acceptable for people to speak religiously without actually following their own religion's teachings. Too often religion is something you say, not something you live.
I can say to you only this. I am a bad person. I am wrong in alot of things which I admit, by the way. But under no circumstance will I deny that there is a God that I am worthy of His Grace.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30043 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25