Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #166
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
This is truly idiotic. Bush didn't even know how bad it was until two days after it happened, and he's the president. The ignorance of this argument I think really demonstrates the narrowness of your thinking on this issue. I am truly truly stunned by your lack of compassion here Jsarno, and I think even the most staunch economic conservative would likely be shook by what you are suggesting.
Umm, they live 10+ feet BELOW SEA LEVEL! People all over the country were warning about this disaster years before it happened, they had 4 full days to evacuate, at worse, 2 full days. How much compassion should someone have when they aren't willing to get out of the way? Do you stand in the middle of the highway and then blame the vehicle that runs you over? Come on man...it's common sense.

I just really don't understand people that are so willing to defend idiots. (I understand that old bed ridden people perished and I do feel for that, they couldn't do anything about it) Other than that, if you have 2 feet would you not try to get out of the way of DEATH?
The fact that you are arguing that people should take their lives into their own hands by showing down a freakin hurricane is amazing. They knew the risk, they CHOSE to stay and face death.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-10-2007, 01:34 AM   #167
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,836
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Umm, they live 10+ feet BELOW SEA LEVEL! People all over the country were warning about this disaster years before it happened, they had 4 full days to evacuate, at worse, 2 full days. How much compassion should someone have when they aren't willing to get out of the way? Do you stand in the middle of the highway and then blame the vehicle that runs you over? Come on man...it's common sense.

I just really don't understand people that are so willing to defend idiots. (I understand that old bed ridden people perished and I do feel for that, they couldn't do anything about it) Other than that, if you have 2 feet would you not try to get out of the way of DEATH?
The fact that you are arguing that people should take their lives into their own hands by showing down a freakin hurricane is amazing. They knew the risk, they CHOSE to stay and face death.

See, you don't understand that mobility is a privilege that comes with wealth. You don't understand that dirt poor people in New Orleans can't just up and move to Denver, or somewhere suitably above sea level. You don't understand that they can't relocate at the drop of a hat when it looks like a storm is coming. You deny the existence of the dirt poor man with no education who worked hard everyday of his life to carve his own tiny little piece of the pie, and lost it on that day. And what's most revolting to me is you feel no compassion and - incredibly - blame the victims. You know, you can feel bad about a tragedy without having to become a socialist.

How about Sudanese people? I mean, they know they are living in a war zone right? Why not move (like so many wealthy Iraqis already have). Where do you draw the line?

Anyway, something has to give with our health care system. The center can't hold, with all the baby boomers retiring in the numbers they are. Moore's film is important in that it brings up stuff we are going to have deal with sooner than later anyway.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 AM   #168
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
See, you don't understand that mobility is a privilege that comes with wealth. You don't understand that dirt poor people in New Orleans can't just up and move to Denver, or somewhere suitably above sea level. You don't understand that they can't relocate at the drop of a hat when it looks like a storm is coming. You deny the existence of the dirt poor man with no education who worked hard everyday of his life to carve his own tiny little piece of the pie, and lost it on that day. And what's most revolting to me is you feel no compassion and - incredibly - blame the victims. You know, you can feel bad about a tragedy without having to become a socialist.
OK, you obviously won't see it the way I do...to each his own. They had buses that came to get them, they CHOSE not to get on. Who's fault is that?
What you're saying is a cop out. If you're life is in danger, you should do all possible to save it, which include forethought. No one is saying move to Denver, the fact that you say that just shows you're not paying attention. I didn't say relocate, I said get on the damn bus that is trying to save you, and or go to the shelters that are feeding you and giving you shelter. Again, common sense...but I guess you don't beleive in common sense.

Quote:
How about Sudanese people? I mean, they know they are living in a war zone right? Why not move (like so many wealthy Iraqis already have). Where do you draw the line?
Are they Americans? No...so why would I profess they do anything? I am not talking about people across the planet. People in other countries are not privelaged like we are.

Quote:
Anyway, something has to give with our health care system. The center can't hold, with all the baby boomers retiring in the numbers they are. Moore's film is important in that it brings up stuff we are going to have deal with sooner than later anyway.
Yeah, he's quite the humanitarian.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #169
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,836
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
... but I guess you don't beleive in common sense.
Maybe not but I do beleive in spell check.

Good night my friend. May you never find your life imperiled by a natural disaster.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #170
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 49
Posts: 1,176
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Umm, they live 10+ feet BELOW SEA LEVEL! People all over the country were warning about this disaster years before it happened, they had 4 full days to evacuate, at worse, 2 full days. How much compassion should someone have when they aren't willing to get out of the way? Do you stand in the middle of the highway and then blame the vehicle that runs you over? Come on man...it's common sense.

I just really don't understand people that are so willing to defend idiots. (I understand that old bed ridden people perished and I do feel for that, they couldn't do anything about it) Other than that, if you have 2 feet would you not try to get out of the way of DEATH?
The fact that you are arguing that people should take their lives into their own hands by showing down a freakin hurricane is amazing. They knew the risk, they CHOSE to stay and face death.
Where do you suggest they go? OZ? Neverland? Oh, wait, I know...Middle Earth!
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 AM   #171
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Maybe not but I do beleive in spell check.

Good night my friend. May you never find your life imperiled by a natural disaster.

Don't worry, I'll actually use my head and get out of the way if given a week to do so.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 AM   #172
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
Where do you suggest they go? OZ? Neverland? Oh, wait, I know...Middle Earth!
Had you been paying attention (I know...not a virtue that dems possess) then you'd see that they had a chance for a bus to take them away, and numerous shelters. But I guess some were too good for that, now they are gone.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #173
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,142
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Had you been paying attention (I know...not a virtue that dems possess) then you'd see that they had a chance for a bus to take them away, and numerous shelters. But I guess some were too good for that, now they are gone.
I mean, I'm a Republican but there's no need to make a blanket statement about all Democrats because you disagree with one.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 AM   #174
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean, I'm a Republican but there's no need to make a blanket statement about all Democrats because you disagree with one.
Completely understand and not all dems have that issue...but oddly enough, you comprehend what is layed before you, and they didn't. I'm tired of repeating myself.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 AM   #175
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Maybe not but I do beleive in spell check.
Oh, and by the way...if you're going to correct someone's spelling, you can at least get it right yourself.

I often mess up Believe and beleive and the and teh...something wrong with my typing skills...but no big deal.

Good night to you...and please remember to start your bleeding heart foundation and make sure you collect all sorts of money for people with no common sense. Cause if you're going to complain about it, the least you can do is be a leader / advocate for it right???
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #176
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Umm, they live 10+ feet BELOW SEA LEVEL! People all over the country were warning about this disaster years before it happened, they had 4 full days to evacuate, at worse, 2 full days. How much compassion should someone have when they aren't willing to get out of the way? Do you stand in the middle of the highway and then blame the vehicle that runs you over? Come on man...it's common sense.

I just really don't understand people that are so willing to defend idiots. (I understand that old bed ridden people perished and I do feel for that, they couldn't do anything about it) Other than that, if you have 2 feet would you not try to get out of the way of DEATH?
The fact that you are arguing that people should take their lives into their own hands by showing down a freakin hurricane is amazing. They knew the risk, they CHOSE to stay and face death.
You really speak of things you know nothing off and I'm gonna call you on it. You're completely making a blanket statement about people whose circumstance you know nothing of.

You make everything sound so easy and effortless. Nothing in this world is that easy. Let me ask you, why are you on your second/third job in a few months as someone pointed out in the past? I mean, shouldn't you be a high powered executive by now rather than hopping from job to job?

There are ton of people out there that work hard and they don't go anywhere. It really pisses me off when people don't realize how fortunate they are. Realize your fortune and don't confuse the misfortune of others for stupidity.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #177
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean, I'm a Republican but there's no need to make a blanket statement about all Democrats because you disagree with one.
I'm curious, do Indians usually lean to the right or left.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 AM   #178
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,142
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm curious, do Indians usually lean to the right or left.
I think generally more to the left...but then I'm also Puerto Rican who lean a little more to the right. So I'm in middle.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:27 AM   #179
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You really speak of things you know nothing off and I'm gonna call you on it. You're completely making a blanket statement about people whose circumstance you know nothing of.

You make everything sound so easy and effortless. Nothing in this world is that easy. Let me ask you, why are you on your second/third job in a few months as someone pointed out in the past? I mean, shouldn't you be a high powered executive by now rather than hopping from job to job?

There are ton of people out there that work hard and they don't go anywhere. It really pisses me off when people don't realize how fortunate they are. Realize your fortune and don't confuse the misfortune of others for stupidity.

I'm always looking for something that will better me and my situation. Due to the fact that there is no opportunity here, I am actively seeking employment where there is opportunity. While I may have jumped here lately, I had 3 jobs in the past 10 years. I refuse to allow society to dictate what I should or should not do, and EVERYTHING I have, I have earned. I am not fortunate out of luck, I am fortunate out of hard work and dedication. Please do not confuse hardwork with luck. I am successful because of me. I will continue to be successful because of me. Does that sound arrogant...sure. I prefer to call it confidence cause I know everything I do has a consequence...sometimes it's positive and sometimes it's negative, but either way, I am the master of my own destiny.
My father never even graduated high school. Up until a year ago I was the only one in my family with a degree, and I am the only one with a Masters. Is it a coincidence that I make more money than anyone in my family? NOPE. I dedicated myself, and debted myself for that degree, my family was too shortsighted to see what would benefit them. I moved away from my family in Mass and came out to NM because I felt there was more opportunity here, and it's worked for me to this point. Why would I leave everything I know for a place I never stepped foot in? Because you can't keep your life on cruise control. You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it and don't become discouraged by obsticles...I'm living proof.
If you guys had any idea who my family is, you'd be shocked at how I turned out to be who I am. You can either follow the norm and bitch and moan about "misfortune", or you can take the bull by the horns and create your own life. Yes, it IS that easy. If you don't think so, you've already failed yourself.
Saden...there is more to life than just "working hard", you need to work smart too. Someone can bust their ass as a janitor for 30 years and retire making $12 an hour, did he work hard...absolutely...did he work smart...hell no. What's the difference between that guy and a successful guy? The successful guy knew there was something better out there for him and he worked hard to achieve it.
I love this quote:
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right."
Plain and simple...I can!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #180
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,142
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quoting Stewie Griffin I see (4:00 mark)

__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33478 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25