Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 AM   #181
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Had you been paying attention (I know...not a virtue that dems possess) then you'd see that they had a chance for a bus to take them away, and numerous shelters. But I guess some were too good for that, now they are gone.
I mean, I'm a Republican but there's no need to make a blanket statement about all Democrats because you disagree with one.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 AM   #182
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean, I'm a Republican but there's no need to make a blanket statement about all Democrats because you disagree with one.
Completely understand and not all dems have that issue...but oddly enough, you comprehend what is layed before you, and they didn't. I'm tired of repeating myself.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 AM   #183
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Maybe not but I do beleive in spell check.
Oh, and by the way...if you're going to correct someone's spelling, you can at least get it right yourself.

I often mess up Believe and beleive and the and teh...something wrong with my typing skills...but no big deal.

Good night to you...and please remember to start your bleeding heart foundation and make sure you collect all sorts of money for people with no common sense. Cause if you're going to complain about it, the least you can do is be a leader / advocate for it right???
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 AM   #184
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Umm, they live 10+ feet BELOW SEA LEVEL! People all over the country were warning about this disaster years before it happened, they had 4 full days to evacuate, at worse, 2 full days. How much compassion should someone have when they aren't willing to get out of the way? Do you stand in the middle of the highway and then blame the vehicle that runs you over? Come on man...it's common sense.

I just really don't understand people that are so willing to defend idiots. (I understand that old bed ridden people perished and I do feel for that, they couldn't do anything about it) Other than that, if you have 2 feet would you not try to get out of the way of DEATH?
The fact that you are arguing that people should take their lives into their own hands by showing down a freakin hurricane is amazing. They knew the risk, they CHOSE to stay and face death.
You really speak of things you know nothing off and I'm gonna call you on it. You're completely making a blanket statement about people whose circumstance you know nothing of.

You make everything sound so easy and effortless. Nothing in this world is that easy. Let me ask you, why are you on your second/third job in a few months as someone pointed out in the past? I mean, shouldn't you be a high powered executive by now rather than hopping from job to job?

There are ton of people out there that work hard and they don't go anywhere. It really pisses me off when people don't realize how fortunate they are. Realize your fortune and don't confuse the misfortune of others for stupidity.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #185
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean, I'm a Republican but there's no need to make a blanket statement about all Democrats because you disagree with one.
I'm curious, do Indians usually lean to the right or left.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 AM   #186
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I'm curious, do Indians usually lean to the right or left.
I think generally more to the left...but then I'm also Puerto Rican who lean a little more to the right. So I'm in middle.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:27 AM   #187
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You really speak of things you know nothing off and I'm gonna call you on it. You're completely making a blanket statement about people whose circumstance you know nothing of.

You make everything sound so easy and effortless. Nothing in this world is that easy. Let me ask you, why are you on your second/third job in a few months as someone pointed out in the past? I mean, shouldn't you be a high powered executive by now rather than hopping from job to job?

There are ton of people out there that work hard and they don't go anywhere. It really pisses me off when people don't realize how fortunate they are. Realize your fortune and don't confuse the misfortune of others for stupidity.

I'm always looking for something that will better me and my situation. Due to the fact that there is no opportunity here, I am actively seeking employment where there is opportunity. While I may have jumped here lately, I had 3 jobs in the past 10 years. I refuse to allow society to dictate what I should or should not do, and EVERYTHING I have, I have earned. I am not fortunate out of luck, I am fortunate out of hard work and dedication. Please do not confuse hardwork with luck. I am successful because of me. I will continue to be successful because of me. Does that sound arrogant...sure. I prefer to call it confidence cause I know everything I do has a consequence...sometimes it's positive and sometimes it's negative, but either way, I am the master of my own destiny.
My father never even graduated high school. Up until a year ago I was the only one in my family with a degree, and I am the only one with a Masters. Is it a coincidence that I make more money than anyone in my family? NOPE. I dedicated myself, and debted myself for that degree, my family was too shortsighted to see what would benefit them. I moved away from my family in Mass and came out to NM because I felt there was more opportunity here, and it's worked for me to this point. Why would I leave everything I know for a place I never stepped foot in? Because you can't keep your life on cruise control. You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it and don't become discouraged by obsticles...I'm living proof.
If you guys had any idea who my family is, you'd be shocked at how I turned out to be who I am. You can either follow the norm and bitch and moan about "misfortune", or you can take the bull by the horns and create your own life. Yes, it IS that easy. If you don't think so, you've already failed yourself.
Saden...there is more to life than just "working hard", you need to work smart too. Someone can bust their ass as a janitor for 30 years and retire making $12 an hour, did he work hard...absolutely...did he work smart...hell no. What's the difference between that guy and a successful guy? The successful guy knew there was something better out there for him and he worked hard to achieve it.
I love this quote:
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right."
Plain and simple...I can!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 AM   #188
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quoting Stewie Griffin I see (4:00 mark)

__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 AM   #189
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Quoting Stewie Griffin I see (4:00 mark)

Actually it's a Henry Ford quote. Stewie stole it from him.
"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford | Strategic Business Lawyer
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:05 AM   #190
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I'm always looking for something that will better me and my situation. Due to the fact that there is no opportunity here, I am actively seeking employment where there is opportunity. While I may have jumped here lately, I had 3 jobs in the past 10 years. I refuse to allow society to dictate what I should or should not do, and EVERYTHING I have, I have earned. I am not fortunate out of luck, I am fortunate out of hard work and dedication. Please do not confuse hardwork with luck. I am successful because of me. I will continue to be successful because of me. Does that sound arrogant...sure. I prefer to call it confidence cause I know everything I do has a consequence...sometimes it's positive and sometimes it's negative, but either way, I am the master of my own destiny.
My father never even graduated high school. Up until a year ago I was the only one in my family with a degree, and I am the only one with a Masters. Is it a coincidence that I make more money than anyone in my family? NOPE. I dedicated myself, and debted myself for that degree, my family was too shortsighted to see what would benefit them. I moved away from my family in Mass and came out to NM because I felt there was more opportunity here, and it's worked for me to this point. Why would I leave everything I know for a place I never stepped foot in? Because you can't keep your life on cruise control. You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it and don't become discouraged by obsticles...I'm living proof.
If you guys had any idea who my family is, you'd be shocked at how I turned out to be who I am. You can either follow the norm and bitch and moan about "misfortune", or you can take the bull by the horns and create your own life. Yes, it IS that easy. If you don't think so, you've already failed yourself.
Saden...there is more to life than just "working hard", you need to work smart too. Someone can bust their ass as a janitor for 30 years and retire making $12 an hour, did he work hard...absolutely...did he work smart...hell no. What's the difference between that guy and a successful guy? The successful guy knew there was something better out there for him and he worked hard to achieve it.
I love this quote:
"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right."
Plain and simple...I can!
I don't mean fortune as in luck but rather circumstance, opportunity, and environment. One of your assumptions is that everyone has a chance to succeed. I'm glad you got where you are by working hard but I bet you if you think for a moment you can name 3 crucial events or opportunities in your life you can attribute your success to. To say you're where you are today ALL because of your hard work would be disingenuous.

I mean, compare yourself to people from Sudan. How do you think your life stacks up against theirs? Are they poor because they didn't work hard or because they aren't smart? The world isn't black and white like you make it out to be. It's many shades of gray filled with spots and squiggly lines.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #191
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Had you been paying attention (I know...not a virtue that dems possess) then you'd see that they had a chance for a bus to take them away, and numerous shelters. But I guess some were too good for that, now they are gone.
You are assuming that I am a "dem"? What's that a: "demigod"... a "demolition expert"...a
"de-mon"...a "demonstrative fellow"... a "demeter"...a "demure chap"...a "demandant"...a "demagogue"...a "demanding, demented, demiwolf"?
YOU GOT ME PEGGED!!!
Now, let's go shoot some tigers and club some seals.
dblanch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:03 AM   #192
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

jsarno, while i feel I'm in the same boat as you, when it comes to hard work and basically over achieving, you fail to remember one thing. everyone cant be the chief. you need some Indians, also. that janitor making 12.00 an hour, we need him as much as the boss raking in six figures
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #193
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Actually it's a Henry Ford quote. Stewie stole it from him.
"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford | Strategic Business Lawyer
I already knew that. Thanks though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #194
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
pps- YES, those idiot in New Orleans KNEW the Hurricane was coming...had SEVERAL DAYS of warning but they CHOSE to stay. Are you getting the common point here? They CHOSE to stay...CHOSE it. They had every opportunity to leave, but CHOSE to stay. Because you were sarcastic about their "summer homes" etc...they were all offered shelter and food at the dome as well as other places.
You know...if you're in a flood and a guy with a boat comes by to help you and you say no...then a helicopter comes to help you and you don't get on it...you deserve to drown. (that's hypothetical by the way) Don't ignore the people willing to help...they did.
When I was in Hurricane Charlie, I took my life into my own hands...I also helped others by allowing them into my buddy's apartment cause they would likely be flooded. During a time like that, the human spirit comes out and will help out...those people had ample time...even people that came around with buses to help and they turned their noses at them. Stupidity.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...at all. Katrina shifted when it got into the Gulf. I left the city on the Monday before it hit, I went to sleep Sunday night and they were saying it would turn and cross Fla. It didn't and they had 1 day to leave. They had put a voluntary evacuation into effect days earlier, yes, but the funniest thing happened...they lived in a city and didn't own/couldn't afford cars. Buses didn't start coming until after the Hurricane and helicopters weren't stopping until well after the city was pumped.

Also, I know a few people who "lived" in the dome...most of them haven't been right since then. They were surrounded by overflowing toilets, people jumping from high rises and other people dying because they couldn't get medication. So I think it's about time you get off of your high horse about people who can't afford some of the amenities that you do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #195
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
What do you feel is the main reason that allegedly 70% more woman in America are dying in childbirth than in Europe?
Our healthcare failures can be summed up in two distinct categories: Accesibilty and affordability. We can argue the merits, or lack thereof, of whether the government should get involved in private industry until we're blue in the face. But to the previous gentleman's point, the reason 70% more women in America are dying in childbirth is because either than can't afford proper healthcare (in the preventative stage) or it's just not accesible.

Yes, it's that simple and ,yes, the government should step in and do something about it.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34064 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25