Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #31
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
first off, what exactly is the cost of running an insurance company? it only takes a handful of non trained professionals to deny a claim. managed health care was thought up by a group of insurance companies to control costs, and make sure the profit margin is at its greatest. there should be no way an insurance company can deny someone coverage on a claim that is needed. but it happens all the time. when these companies start dictating to the medical profession what they can do, and what they can charge, thats the problem. i am for national healthcare. it cant possibly be any worse then it is now, and it will be cheaper
Insurance companies pay out BILLIONS of dollars a year in claims. THAT is the cost of doing business.

Quote:
managed health care was thought up by a group of insurance companies to control costs, and make sure the profit margin is at its greatest.
Umm yeah pretty much. They are public companies with share holders. That is why the company exists. Healthcare was becoming more expensive therefore hurting the bottom line. So insuarnce companies figured out how to still offer their services while also making the profits that they are supposed to make. You don't like it? Then go find another insurance company who isn't doing that. Can't find one? That ought to be a clue about what is going on here. If the profits were so "massive" then there would be companies running to get into the market to get a piece of the pie. That would in turn cause prices to drop. That isn't happening. I wonder why? Because insurance companies don't make "massive" profuts in the way that you mean. It is simple economics.

Quote:
there should be no way an insurance company can deny someone coverage on a claim that is needed.
Actually there should be. If their policy doesn't cover it. A lot of people bemoan the insuarnce companies for not paying out claims that they should pay out when in fact they are simply not paying out a claim that they shouldn't pay out. Very few insurance plans cover everything.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

I haven't been to a docor since 1992 so I can't comment on the health care system except to say that everyone seems to get it that wants it. The only way to reduce costs is for everyone to follow my example.

As for Moore, he is a pure charlatan. He pretends to speak truth to power but he gets all his laughs at the expense of working people. In addition, he his a morbidly obese alcoholic who has to have minders around at all times to prevent his drunken shenanigans from making the papers.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
What's worse though... him or the sad state of our nation's health care?
The worst part is he never fixes ANYTHING. Points fingers with lies many times and Cashes In on the Victims.
That is why he sucks.

The messenger perverts and weakens the message to make himself gain.
Jerk.

peace
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #34
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,403
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

there should be legislation against the Drug Companies. hopefully his movie will expose their scam.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,508
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
The worst part is he never fixes ANYTHING. Points fingers with lies many times and Cashes In on the Victims.
That is why he sucks.

The messenger perverts and weakens the message to make himself gain.
Jerk.

peace
Who ever said it was his job to fix anything?

He's simply shining some light on things that are seriously F'd up, it's up to everyone to do something about it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #36
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,508
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
In addition, he his a morbidly obese alcoholic who has to have minders around at all times to prevent his drunken shenanigans from making the papers.
Where is this coming from??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Who ever said it was his job to fix anything?

He's simply shining some light on things that are seriously F'd up, it's up to everyone to do something about it.
He's Cashing in on other people's pain for his own gain and not really shineing a light.

Did you not know HMOs were F'ing all of us?
Did you not know Big CEOs were F'ing their companies?
Did you not know crazy people can legaly get guns in America?

He shed no light he filmed and cashed in on people's pain.

peace
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #38
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

I really want to see this movie about Moore

Manufacturing Dissent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no problem with shedding light on things or exposing fraud what have you. But the way he does it, by selectiving choosing facts to strengthen his own viewpoints is pretty disgusting.

It's like if you took only the games at the Giants and at the Eagles and did a whole piece on how the Redskins were not able to score a TD in 2006. Sure that's true...for those two games. But it doesn't tell the whole story
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,508
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
He's Cashing in on other people's pain for his own gain and not really shineing a light.

Did you not know HMOs were F'ing all of us?
Did you not know Big CEOs were F'ing their companies?
Did you not know crazy people can legaly get guns in America?

He shed no light he filmed and cashed in on people's pain.

peace
Charities also "cash in" from his movies.

About 60% of the net profits from Fahrenheit 911 went to charity.

I disagree that he doesn't shine a light on anything. Sure people already know about these problems, but do most people understand the extent and depth of these issues?? Most people don't even read a newspaper every day let alone understand just how F'd up health care is.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Charities also "cash in" from his movies.

About 60% of the net profits from Fahrenheit 911 went to charity.

I disagree that he doesn't shine a light on anything. Sure people already know about these problems, but do most people understand the extent and depth of these issues?? Most people don't even read a newspaper every day let alone understand just how F'd up health care is.
Want to learn fact? Read.
Don't let someone like this "teach" you about issues.
If you need this guy to tell you your opinion or what to think or what is "right"...you need serious help.

Problem is folks listen to this jerk and take it as truth because he has a big budget.
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,508
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
Want to learn fact? Read.
Don't let someone like this "teach" you about issues.
If you need this guy to tell you your opinion or what to think or what is "right"...you need serious help.

Problem is folks listen to this jerk and take it as truth because he has a big budget.
That's the problem, most people don't seek out the facts in regard to issues like this. I'm not saying people should take his word as fact, but if it helps make someone curious and seek out more information then mission accomplished.

I don't see any difference between what he does and the lies that are fed to us by our own government. In the end both sides are on the far extreme side of things.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That's the problem, most people don't seek out the facts in regard to issues like this. I'm not saying people should take his word as fact, but if it helps make someone curious and seek out more information then mission accomplished.

I don't see any difference between what he does and the lies that are fed to us by our own government. In the end both sides are on the far extreme side of things.
So I wouldn't go see a Government movie about what I am looking for as facts.
His movies are one sided propoganda to gain HIM cash only.

Watch them as such
peace
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #43
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

its up to the people to do something. the way that happens is thru the vote. the people have given us a democratic majority for the first time since 1992. Michael Moore's job is not to fix what is broken, its just him shedding light on our great nations biggest problems. his movies are the real issues, not Iraq and illegal aliens
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,508
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
His movies are one sided propoganda to gain HIM cash only.
If that was the case I doubt he'd give 60% to charity but whatever. Believe what you will.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Michael Moore's Latest Target: Your HMO

Keep in mind the 60% that was given to charity was part of a negotiating tactic that Disney "forced" upon Miramax when they were arguing over distribution rights to the movie, to keep Miramax and Moore from really cashing in.

It wasn't some benevolent gesture by Moore

But you're right Matty, the idea is to use Moore's films to learn more about the issue at hand. Maybe you come out of it, after thoroughly researching through mediums other than Moore, that Moore is completely off-base in his assestment. But to Moore's credit, he at least gets you thinking
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49653 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25