Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Let's impeach the president.

Parking Lot


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 02:22 AM   #316
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Tax cuts
The enconomy
War on terror
no child left behind
Unemployment is very low
This after everything tanked after 9/11
This all sounds good but with no factual basis to back any of it up.
Economy: what about it?
war on terror: what does that mean? and where oh where IS Osama???
no child left behind: take a good look at the public school system. you obviously have no children.
unemployment: ask middle to lower middle class folk about jobs.
I can get a great deal more detailed here, but you guys are exhausting. No matter what, you'll call a pig a sheep.
I'm done. Go Skins.
dblanch66 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 06-23-2007, 07:39 AM   #317
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
It looks like someone beat me to them.
I for one am happy that our economy is in better shape than it has been in MANY YEARS...oddly enough we have the highest deficit, but it doesn't seem to matter.
My ONLY real beef with Bush is that he doesn't seem to care about alternative fuels and have a high enough emphasis on the environment.
Other than those two things, he has been good for us, and I am sick and tired of people complaining about the war...has our country been attacked? NO! Why? Cause of what Bush has done.
there will be another attack here. its only a matter of time. and then what will you say? and job after job gets shipped over seas, either to china or Mexico. the working class stiff like me, finds it harder and harder to make ends meet. Kanye West only had it half right. its not that Bush is prejudice against the blacks, he is prejudice against everyone that isn't rich
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #318
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
there will be another attack here. its only a matter of time. and then what will you say? and job after job gets shipped over seas, either to china or Mexico. the working class stiff like me, finds it harder and harder to make ends meet. Kanye West only had it half right. its not that Bush is prejudice against the blacks, he is prejudice against everyone that isn't rich
I'm no fan of Bush either, but some of the things you've mentioned here have nothing to do with him. For instance...

Jobs going overseas -- most of those are jobs that can be done by less skilled workers for less money. Call center jobs, jobs in the textile industry. If you owned a business producing something that costs you $10 an hour in the United States, but only $4 an hour in Indonesia, where would YOU choose to make your product?

When the internal combustion engine really started taking off, and automobiles became the standard in this country, what happened to the horse and buggy industry? And was that Pres. William McKinley's fault?

Without delving too much into your personal life, how exactly are having trouble making ends meet? And what kind of position are you in that only the President of the United States can bail you out?
Beemnseven is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #319
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Let's impeach the president.

i am a big Bill Clinton supporter. with that out of the way, NAFTA is the worst piece of... well, i don't know what to call it. other then trash. thats one place to start. get rid of it. the playing field is too uneven. they can pay people $4.00 an hour, or whatever, with no over head( emissions, workers regulations, etc.) there is practically NO safety regulations anywhere, except for the good old U.S.A. until the trade deficit starts to balance out, something must be done. or this country will be back to square one, with unions making a big comeback
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #320
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Let's impeach the president.

and its not that i make bad money. its the way inflation is growing. take a trip to the grocery store. or fill up your gas tank. or take your son or daughter to the doctors. at an average of 3% pay raise, i basically cant afford the luxuries that I'm used to. and inflation is one issue the government can do something about
ps- i love your sig
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #321
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
war on terror: what does that mean? and where oh where IS Osama???
So you aer basing this war on Osama being caught? All the great things that have been done to stop terrorism (Hussien, the 90% of top terrorists caught and or executed, the tightened security, the extra funding to border patrol) well, I guess that means nothing cause Osama (who is likely dead) might still be in a hole shaking in fear of the USA. Yeah, good point dblanch.

Quote:
no child left behind: take a good look at the public school system. you obviously have no children.
My mother in law is a principal, and while the system does have flaws, the overall point is quite good for children. Just like anything, you can't expect it to be perfect from day 1. Well, maybe you do, but trust me, things always need to be tweeked.

Quote:
unemployment: ask middle to lower middle class folk about jobs.
Umm what? I am middle class, and things are GREAT. I live in a lower class town, and guess what...things are great. Unemployment rates are at an all time low here. If you alway look for the negative, just take a wild guess at what you will find? Try looking for positive and you might not think he was the worst president ever. But you choose not to look any positive cause you "I hate bush" glasses are on. No one is really saying he has no flaws, but I will still point out, that our other option was Kerry, and I am absolutely, 110% positive we have the better option in the white house right now. Don't like it? Well, give the USA better options.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #322
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
and its not that i make bad money.
That's good.

Quote:
its the way inflation is growing.
Actually it's going down. Look at the housing markets for instance, they are all dieing. My brother's house, outside of Boston, he bought for $610k, now he can't even get $550k for it. (serves him right, I think the house sucks)

Quote:
take a trip to the grocery store.
If this is a major issue, blame the greedy people SELLING the product. Nothing the government can do here. Farmers can be very greedy...we have MILLIONAIRE farmers here...seriously.

Quote:
or fill up your gas tank.
I'll give you that one cause I am firm believer that we need to use alternative fuels, and reduce our dependancy on foriegn oil. However, think this wouldn't have happened on someone else's watch, you're mistaken. It sucks that it costs me $80 to fill up, and it doesn't look like it's going to get better. But we as consumers have JUST AS MUCH IF NOT MORE TO DO WITH THIS! We still buy gas at wasteful rates, and the gas companies are making record profits 300% higher than last year. Is this Bush? HELL NO. It's we as citizens. Put the blame where it belongs.

Quote:
or take your son or daughter to the doctors.
It only costs me $20. That doesn't break anyone's bank. So why is this an issue for you?

Quote:
at an average of 3% pay raise, i basically cant afford the luxuries that I'm used to. and inflation is one issue the government can do something about
What luxuries are you referring to? Eating caviar on your yacht? The majority of the country is living well. I know this doesn't make anyone feel better, but it's true.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #323
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Let's impeach the president.

i can tell by this post that you and i have a totally different outlook on life.i worry about the single mother of 3, doing every thing she can to keep it all going.i look back on my life, and realize how lucky i have been. at what might have happened if i wasn't so lucky. i always look at the big picture. i don't think any American can look in the mirror, and say this country is better off now, then opposed to 8 or 10 tears ago. this idiotic thing that we are involved in is keeping our country separated. it is not a war. in a real war, you always know who the enemy is. the president refuses to listen to those who have put him in office. we ARE one divided mess of a country
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #324
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i can tell by this post that you and i have a totally different outlook on life.i worry about the single mother of 3, doing every thing she can to keep it all going.i look back on my life, and realize how lucky i have been. at what might have happened if i wasn't so lucky. i always look at the big picture. i don't think any American can look in the mirror, and say this country is better off now, then opposed to 8 or 10 tears ago. this idiotic thing that we are involved in is keeping our country separated. it is not a war. in a real war, you always know who the enemy is. the president refuses to listen to those who have put him in office. we ARE one divided mess of a country
Yes, we are a divided mess. But we were all agreed to go to this war, some just decided to quit early. The ones that are quitting are dividing the country. Why start something you don't intend to finish?

You are also right that we have a different outlook on life. I firmly beleive in self responsibility and everything in your life, you have attracted to yourself, good or bad.
Do I feel bad for the single mother with 3 kids... well maybe. Are they from the same father? Did the HUSBAND die? Cause if she is just sleeping around and not taking resposibility for her actions, why does that responsibility fall on me and my tax dollars? I have no problem helping a woman that started a family and had a wonderful loving relationship in marriage, then the husband dies and she can't take care of that family. I feel for that. I have NO SYMPATHY what-so-ever for the single mother with 3 kids from different fathers that has never been married. NONE. Does that sound cold? Maybe...but again...I work and bust ass so that my family is taking care of, I shouldn't have to worry about what people with no morals or cares, or the people that have no responsibility are doing. My money should stay with me. I EARNED it, they did not earn my money.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #325
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Yes, we are a divided mess. But we were all agreed to go to this war, some just decided to quit early. The ones that are quitting are dividing the country. Why start something you don't intend to finish?

You are also right that we have a different outlook on life. I firmly beleive in self responsibility and everything in your life, you have attracted to yourself, good or bad.
Do I feel bad for the single mother with 3 kids... well maybe. Are they from the same father? Did the HUSBAND die? Cause if she is just sleeping around and not taking resposibility for her actions, why does that responsibility fall on me and my tax dollars? I have no problem helping a woman that started a family and had a wonderful loving relationship in marriage, then the husband dies and she can't take care of that family. I feel for that. I have NO SYMPATHY what-so-ever for the single mother with 3 kids from different fathers that has never been married. NONE. Does that sound cold? Maybe...but again...I work and bust ass so that my family is taking care of, I shouldn't have to worry about what people with no morals or cares, or the people that have no responsibility are doing. My money should stay with me. I EARNED it, they did not earn my money.
Are you sure you're not a Cowboy fan?
dblanch66 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #326
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Let's impeach the president.

This is still a great country. Thank your lucky stars you're not a Palestinian or a Russian or even a Frenchman where unemployment is perpetually in the double digits. Or you could have been born in Africa where they don't even have potable water and AIDS is epidemic. I can't imagine any other place I would want to live. The rest of the world is a first class shithole compared to us. This is why I don't give a flip what they think of us. If they don't like it, they can lump it and then take it down the street and dump it.

YouTube - All in The Family - Flashback 2-2
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #327
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
Are you sure you're not a Cowboy fan?
Why? Cause I practice and preach self responsibility?
You are obviously a democrat...only dems beleive in taking money from the hard workers.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #328
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
This is still a great country. Thank your lucky stars you're not a Palestinian or a Russian or even a Frenchman where unemployment is perpetually in the double digits. Or you could have been born in Africa where they don't even have potable water and AIDS is epidemic. I can't imagine any other place I would want to live. The rest of the world is a first class shithole compared to us. This is why I don't give a flip what they think of us. If they don't like it, they can lump it and then take it down the street and dump it.

YouTube - All in The Family - Flashback 2-2
this is a stout republican thought process. because i complain about MY country, i must want to live somewhere else. i never mentioned moving, or living anywhere else. but because i disagree, i am wrong. just like being a democrat, and anti Christian. only republicans believe in god? and i am against the war, so i don't support our troops? i was never in favor of occupying Iraq. and now that we know it was a mistake, its time to fix our screw up, and try a different approach
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #329
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Let's impeach the president.

I am re-retiring from political threads on this site. This thread is 22 pages of bumper sticker slogans that has gone absolutely nowhere.
djnemo65 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #330
The Starter
 
dblanch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 48
Posts: 1,176
Re: Let's impeach the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Why? Cause I practice and preach self responsibility?
You are obviously a democrat...only dems beleive in taking money from the hard workers.
No sense of humor. You must be a republican.
I'm done with this.
dblanch66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40504 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25