Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Parking Lot


View Poll Results: What Political Issue is Most Important to You
Abortion 1 2.78%
Economy 13 36.11%
Education 7 19.44%
Energy & Oil 10 27.78%
Foreign Affairs (Iraq) 19 52.78%
Gun Control 2 5.56%
Health Care 9 25.00%
Immigration 11 30.56%
Social Security 4 11.11%
Tax Reform 3 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 PM   #46
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

People love to ask the question "what gives the government the right to tell women what to do with their body?"

What about the other question? What gives the woman the right to deny that person an opportunity at life; an opportunity to grow up happy, healthy, and free?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #47
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah but the main reason the right is so appalled by abortion is because it's giving people the freedom to choose to deny someone a life.

It's a little different than freedom of speech, freedom to practice religion, etc.

It's not the fact that abortion is a freedom that bothers the right, it's the fact that they feel it's killing someone. And I tend to agree. Wouldn't it be some bullshit if your mom decided she would rather just not have you, and you were never here?
The right also defines a fertilized egg as a child (the moment of conception). The real issue here is that the right is interjecting their religious beliefs to limit my freedom.

As for my mother not aborting me, well, she had a miscarriage prior to having. I could have easily been that embryo but I wasn't. What matters is that I am here, and those that aren't here aren't. I mean, who left the right in change of making sure every embryo makes it through 9 months of gestation?

p.s. I'm actually pretty conservative when it comes to abortion. Liberty and freedom, however, come before my own personal views on the issue.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #48
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
People love to ask the question "what gives the government the right to tell women what to do with their body?"

What about the other question? What gives the woman the right to deny that person an opportunity at life; an opportunity to grow up happy, healthy, and free?
Just look around and see if you can find happy children in the foster care system. The world is brutal man.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:07 PM   #49
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Just look around and see if you can find happy children in the foster care system. The world is brutal man.
I'm looking into adopting a child and I'm open to adopting a kid of any race, but baby white kids are in pretty high demand.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 PM   #50
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I'm looking into adopting a child and I'm open to adopting a kid of any race, but baby white kids are in pretty high demand.
haha, ok but I thought that post was hilarious.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #51
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
haha, ok but I thought that post was hilarious.
May I rephrase? "White babies are in high demand." I like Saden, but I would never call him baby.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #52
Camp Scrub
 
Newjerseyredskinfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

well i think on the war in iraqu we need to stop worrying about the poor people on there streets when we got people on the streets of America poor. i think we should take care of ours first. and then worry about the poor people in iraqu
Newjerseyredskinfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 PM   #53
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newjerseyredskinfan14 View Post
well i think on the war in iraqu we need to stop worrying about the poor people on there streets when we go people on the streets of America poor. i think we should take care of ours first. and then worry about the poor people in iraqu
Huh? I think I understand what you are saying, but I'm not quite sure.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:23 PM   #54
Camp Scrub
 
Newjerseyredskinfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

i think all of are guna take a long ass time to fix
Newjerseyredskinfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #55
Camp Scrub
 
Newjerseyredskinfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 11
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Huh? I think I understand what you are saying, but I'm not quite sure.
well dont you think we are more inportant as citizens then them.. ya know us before them
Newjerseyredskinfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 PM   #56
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Global warming could help here. The problem kind of solves itself if you think about it. Humans cause warming, warming kills humans. It's the circle of life da, da, da, da, da, da.
Congratulations Chip. You can change your sig now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #57
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I'm looking into adopting a child and I'm open to adopting a kid of any race, but baby white kids are in pretty high demand.
This is something that has been discussed in the past.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 PM   #58
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Just look around and see if you can find happy children in the foster care system. The world is brutal man.
I was waiting for a response like this...

You're probably right in saying that if kids enter the foster system they're going to have unhappy childhoods, that's just how the odds break down. But not all kids grow up unhappy in those situations, there are success stories. So you're basically going to rob all of those kids of the chance of having a happy life?

Sounds like you're robbing them of the pursuit of happiness to me.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 PM   #59
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The right also defines a fertilized egg as a child (the moment of conception). The real issue here is that the right is interjecting their religious beliefs to limit my freedom.

As for my mother not aborting me, well, she had a miscarriage prior to having. I could have easily been that embryo but I wasn't. What matters is that I am here, and those that aren't here aren't. I mean, who left the right in change of making sure every embryo makes it through 9 months of gestation?

p.s. I'm actually pretty conservative when it comes to abortion. Liberty and freedom, however, come before my own personal views on the issue.
First, there certainly is a religious aspect, no doubt. And the right hides behind the Bible all the time, but it's more than that. It's moral, not just religious.

All humans began as fertilized eggs. The moral outrage does not stem from the fact that you're killing something (however you define that something, some would define that something as a fertilized egg as a child, others wouldn't). The moral outrage stems from the fact that you're never even giving this living thing a chance to know love, happiness, compassion, and freedom. Abortion robs "fertilized eggs" of the chance to know life. This living organism inside the womb would be born, and in all likelihood would grow up happy, were it not for abortion. Just think of what that person could become... a firefighter, a nurse, a teacher, the next President of the USA, a Redskins fan...

How can robbing them of that opportunity sit well with you? Religion enters the equation, but it goes well beyond that.

As for your mother's miscarriage, that sucks man. Ask her how she felt when that happened to her. Chances are she was very saddened, and experienced a sense of loss. Why? Because she was robbed of the opportunity to get to know THAT child, and that child never got the chance to know the love of it's mother. After a miscarriage, parents don't just shrug their shoulders and say "oh well, we'll just make another one." It's sad because of the opportunities lost for the life that could have been.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #60
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,277
Re: SGG's What's Your Issue Poll

And I hear you say that liberty and freedom come before your own personal conservative beliefs on the issue. I agree that freedom should be at the very core of every law we make in the United States.

But the question is which freedom supercedes the other here? Which is more important, the mother's freedom to do what she pleases with her body, or the "fertilized egg's" freedom to follow nature's course and be born into the world to pusue life and all its joys without being stopped?
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31461 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25