Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #151
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

what ever happened to the days of good old fashion face to face contact? everything is done by phone, or computer
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #152
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

We have this modular messaging thing at work now where all voicemails are forwarded to our email. Kind of cool to just click a button and play (fast forward through) an audio link
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #153
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,574
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Mysterious crepy mods who post out of no where and who's sole purpose is to scare you and correct your signature every 12-16 hours.








Of course I am talking about Extremeskins.com
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #154
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

People who soley post on the never ending thread with the intent of surpassing the super happy fun thread and boosting their posts per day.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #155
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,468
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
We have this modular messaging thing at work now where all voicemails are forwarded to our email. Kind of cool to just click a button and play (fast forward through) an audio link
Who is the manufacturer? Cisco, Avaya, 3com?
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #156
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,574
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
People who soley post on the never ending thread with the intent of surpassing the super happy fun thread and boosting their posts per day.

who are you referring to?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #157
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
who are you referring to?
Not you! It would take about 3 hours to explain my position and the sarcasm. Don't worry about it. That was not a shot at you. Or any of the other people on there. It was more or less an inadvertent shot at myself. Although, I am not really one of the people I was refering to either. Never mind its complicated.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #158
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,574
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Not you! It would take about 3 hours to explain my position and the sarcasm. Don't worry about it. That was not a shot at you. Or any of the other people on there. It was more or less an inadvertent shot at myself. Although, I am not really one of the people I was refering to either. Never mind its complicated.

I was kidding when I put that
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #159
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Salesmen who must tell me their entire life history when I'm just trying to purchase one simple item.

I went looking for some inexpensive pool cues today at a place called "Rec Warehouse". The salesman "Felix" who was this rather dopey looking fellow with bad teeth asks to assist me. So I tell him what I want and instead I get a 30 minute synopsis on the following details of his life.

- He is one of the top ranked pool players in Greensboro. He plays 6 hours a day and is going to Vegas to become a pro.

- He loves football. Acutally he loves football players and explained how upset he was when Jerry Rice went to Oakland. Montana is the greatest, but he loves Brett Farve too and he's going to see the Packer's play this season, but when Farve leaves he won't be a Packer fan anymore. I then called him a bandwagon fan, which he argued he wasn't. (Whatever dude.) Then he proceeded to tell me which Redskins players were in the hall. Dave Butz being one of them. He knew everything about the Skins cause his parents were Skins fans.

- He loves basketball, but stopped being a Bulls fan when Jordan left. He claimed he was offered a full ride to Georgia Tech and the coach came to his house personally and begged him to play, but he turned him down because the only coach he respected was Dean Smith and that guy wasn't Dean Smith, so he told him thanks, but no thanks and he wanted to be just like his dad and join the marines. (For the love of God, make it stop.)

- He has only five items of sports memorabilia, but they are kept in a safety deposit box because they are worth $85,000.

Those are just the highlights. I could go on and on and on...

Newsflash dude, you're a tool who sells hottubs and pool tables. End of story. JUST HELP ME FIND WHAT I NEED! The crappiest part of this whole experience is that he sold me what he said were 52 inch pool cues, only when I get home they're 58 inches. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #160
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
Salesmen who must tell me their entire life history when I'm just trying to purchase one simple item.

I went looking for some inexpensive pool cues today at a place called "Rec Warehouse". The salesman "Felix" who was this rather dopey looking fellow with bad teeth asks to assist me. So I tell him what I want and instead I get a 30 minute synopsis on the following details of his life.

- He is one of the top ranked pool players in Greensboro. He plays 6 hours a day and is going to Vegas to become a pro.

- He loves football. Acutally he loves football players and explained how upset he was when Jerry Rice went to Oakland. Montana is the greatest, but he loves Brett Farve too and he's going to see the Packer's play this season, but when Farve leaves he won't be a Packer fan anymore. I then called him a bandwagon fan, which he argued he wasn't. (Whatever dude.) Then he proceeded to tell me which Redskins players were in the hall. Dave Butz being one of them. He knew everything about the Skins cause his parents were Skins fans.

- He loves basketball, but stopped being a Bulls fan when Jordan left. He claimed he was offered a full ride to Georgia Tech and the coach came to his house personally and begged him to play, but he turned him down because the only coach he respected was Dean Smith and that guy wasn't Dean Smith, so he told him thanks, but no thanks and he wanted to be just like his dad and join the marines. (For the love of God, make it stop.)

- He has only five items of sports memorabilia, but they are kept in a safety deposit box because they are worth $85,000.

Those are just the highlights. I could go on and on and on...

Newsflash dude, you're a tool who sells hottubs and pool tables. End of story. JUST HELP ME FIND WHAT I NEED! The crappiest part of this whole experience is that he sold me what he said were 52 inch pool cues, only when I get home they're 58 inches. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!
Sounds like the kind of guy that I should introduce to my wife. It sounds like they would really get along.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #161
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
The crappiest part of this whole experience is that he sold me what he said were 52 inch pool cues, only when I get home they're 58 inches. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!
Never thought you'd see the day you'd complain about it being 6 inches too long did you?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #162
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,048
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Never thought you'd see the day you'd complain about it being 6 inches too long did you?
You're on fire today.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #163
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

When an NFL player sues a NYC club for using his name to promote the establishment and it makes the news.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #164
Camp Scrub
 
dallass-blows 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 67
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

leaving vacation an going back to reality
__________________
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson
dallass-blows 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #165
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 43
Posts: 1,444
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Never thought you'd see the day you'd complain about it being 6 inches too long did you?
Well, in this case, size matters. I definately feel like I got the shaft today.



(you're totally going to hell for making me say that)
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28433 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25