Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #526
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
There's a fine line between debating and instigating.
And how would you suggest (other than 'don't') we broach a topic worth discussing (in my opinion and other judging by the responses) if we don't 'instigate'?

Do you suffer from 'hurt feelings' much?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #527
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,167
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
And how would you suggest (other than 'don't') we broach a topic worth discussing (in my opinion and other judging by the responses) if we don't 'instigate'?

Do you suffer from 'hurt feelings' much?
You're accusing me of suffering from hurt feelings yet the tone of your posts suggests you're the one actually getting upset about this. I guess I should be asking you the same question. Actually the question I really want to ask was how were you ever a mod?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #528
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You're accusing me of suffering from hurt feelings yet the tone of your posts suggests you're the one actually getting upset about this. I guess I should be asking you the same question. Actually the question I really want to ask was how were you ever a mod?
Where in my post does a hint of hurt feeling occur?

'Tone'. Trick, please!

Why not go to PM and save wasting space on this forum, mooby, eh?

Oh, and I have incriminating pictures of some of the original Mods. They let me Mod until I realized it's actually no fun.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #529
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
And how would you suggest (other than 'don't') we broach a topic worth discussing (in my opinion and other judging by the responses) if we don't 'instigate'?

Do you suffer from 'hurt feelings' much?
There is a difference between debating and instigating.

Debating involves respecting that perspectives other than one's own may have merit and, on that basis, having a good faith discussion.

Instigating, in this context, means insisting on poorly-considered perspectives without respecting the views of others or even, sometimes, respecting relevant facts.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #530
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Instigating, in this context, means insisting on poorly-considered perspectives without respecting the views of others or even, sometimes, respecting relevant facts.
How would I even know the views of others if the question hasn't yet been posed?

As for 'respecting relevant facts', you seem to have a knack for telling people in this forum how something is without deigning to substantiate your position. Argument from the position of authority, common with a lot of very poor teachers.

Please PM me if you have a personal issue with me not showing the correct level of perceived respect, don't waste this forum for personal attacks.

Thanks.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #531
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
How would I even know the views of others if the question hasn't yet been posed?

As for 'respecting relevant facts', you seem to have a knack for telling people in this forum how something is without deigning to substantiate your position. Argument from the position of authority, common with a lot of very poor teachers.

Please PM me if you have a personal issue with me not showing the correct level of perceived respect, don't waste this forum for personal attacks.

Thanks.
There was no personal attack in what I wrote. You, however, launched a personal attack.

You completely missed my point.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 02-28-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #532
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm guilty of that so I guess i grind your gears? While I read the post in the locker room and keep up dated on what going on with the team I just don't post very much in the off season. I probably don't post as much there as I did when I joined but its a great way to keep up with the team.
I guess I need to go over there and start a new Manning thread or Who Shhould Be Our QB thread.
You're fine
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #533
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
There was no personal attack in what I wrote. You, however, launched a personal attack.

Point missed.
Just because you couch your insults in flowery prose (as you did in another thread) doesn't mean it's not meant as a personal attack.

Try to be less of a hypocrite.

I didn't miss your point, I just have no respect for you.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #534
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Just because you couch your insults in flowery prose (as you did in another thread) doesn't mean it's not meant as a personal attack.

Try to be less of a hypocrite.

I didn't miss your point, I just have no respect for you.
Given that my point was about respect for others (hence my repeated use of the word "respect"), yeah, you missed my point.

BTW in that other thread I did not insult you. Someone just took it that way. If I wanted to insult you, you would know it. There would be no ambiguity.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #535
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,508
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You're fine
Well then, it's me. Listen, GTripp and I share exactly, I mean: word for word, the same viewpoint regarding any and all Redskin related subject matter. A while back people complained of seeing an echo on the message boards. I did some research and, sure enough, the complaints came every time he and I posted something within a few ,er...posts. So I decided to take a step back, minimize my involvement and make the discussion a little easier to read for the sake of The Warpath's prosperity.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #536
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Given that my point was about respect for others (hence my repeated use of the word "respect"), yeah, you missed my point.
Show me my initial disrespect in any stated question at the start of any thread I've authored. Not perceived, actual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
BTW in that other thread I did not insult you. Someone just took it that way. If I wanted to insult you, you would know it. There would be no ambiguity.
No, calling someone 'stupid' by using thirteen or more words in a sentence isn't an insult, it's 'clever'.

/sarc

Please feel free to insult me, this is just a forum, not real life.

The ambiguity is over, there in a box*.








*
For my fellow Monty Python fans
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #537
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Well then, it's me. <snip>
No, still me.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #538
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,565
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Let's not ruin the parking lot too.

I swear some people are so touchy.

I've always liked SS's sig, so fitting at times.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #539
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,734
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Let's not ruin the parking lot too.

I swear some people are so touchy.

I've always liked SS's sig, so fitting at times.
^^^^^
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #540
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,017
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Let's not ruin the parking lot too.

I swear some people are so touchy.

I've always liked SS's sig, so fitting at times.
Well to be honest, the sig is about me. Just sayin.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.23349 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25