Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #736
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
parking lots in general, selfish beasts. when you're waiting for someone to back out and you've established yourself, turn signal and all. then the snake slithers in while the car backing up is blocking you. they park, i'm still there w my turn signal and the window down "i like your driving, where did you learn?" of the several times that has happened, one guy apologized and actually moved his car to give me the spot. another time i was in high school, in the parking lot for giant, about to start work, holiday season, packed lot. had done 10 laps looking for a spot, it happened. but it was a spot like where the scooter is parked, next to an island, i double parked that bastard. both of our cars were still there when i got off 8 hours later. i saw him walk into giant, he didn't work there, i'd like to think that he didn't work at another business in the shopping center. who knows
So you saying he should have parked on the island?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #737
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Hate how people treat parking lots like race tracks. Slow the F down a-hole, you never know when a kid could dart out from between cars. Or how about when you're backing out of a spot, you're half way or more out, and some dick who can't wait and goes around you.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #738
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,851
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hate how people treat parking lots like race tracks. Slow the F down a-hole, you never know when a kid could dart out from between cars. Or how about when you're backing out of a spot, you're half way or more out, and some dick who can't wait and goes around you.
This happens to me a lot. I was wondering if I was backing out of a spot and some douchenozzle comes speeding by and clips me or hits me while I'm actively backing out... Who's fault is that? Mine or theirs?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #739
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,617
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hate how people treat parking lots like race tracks. Slow the F down a-hole, you never know when a kid could dart out from between cars. Or how about when you're backing out of a spot, you're half way or more out, and some dick who can't wait and goes around you.
Preach! I hate parking lots for that reason. I'm also terrified when driving in parking garages especially because people are crazy
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #740
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So you saying he should have parked on the island?
no, he should have seen me there with my turn signal on and respected it, he should not have slithered into the spot while i was being blocked by the car backing up, vacating the spot
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #741
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
This happens to me a lot. I was wondering if I was backing out of a spot and some douchenozzle comes speeding by and clips me or hits me while I'm actively backing out... Who's fault is that? Mine or theirs?
very good question, i hope i never have to find out
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #742
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,819
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Preach! I hate parking lots for that reason. I'm also terrified when driving in parking garages especially because people are crazy
I hear that. I've been involved in several near accidents at the Franconia-Springfield metro station when I was backing out of a parking space and someone decided to gun it up the middle without checking for people backing out. Parking lots in general suck.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #743
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
This happens to me a lot. I was wondering if I was backing out of a spot and some douchenozzle comes speeding by and clips me or hits me while I'm actively backing out... Who's fault is that? Mine or theirs?
Unless you have the damages and witnesses that can prove the other person was speeding through the parking lot the fault is on the person backing out.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #744
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Unless you have the damages and witnesses that can prove the other person was speeding through the parking lot the fault is on the person backing out.
and unless they have witnesses you can say you weren't backing out, you were just slowly and safely driving through the lot when he pulled out of a spot and hit you
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #745
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

I was pulling into the parking garage at work and standing right by the arm that lets people in and out are about 20 pedestrians I almost dismembered. It's a blind turn into the parking garage and they were standing maybe 7 feet inside. How stupid are people, there is literally a park right above their heads where they can gather to talk. Then looked at me as if I were the asshole for wanting to drive through. Why are people so oblivious to being spatial aware and no concept of being courteous to other people.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #746
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,694
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

I recently got a new car that has a backup camera and sensors, let me tell you these are some of the best things ever invented for a car. When you're backing up if another car comes along, the sensors go off. It also has blind spot sensors that are awesome on the highway. That way you know anytime a moron is riding in your blind spot. Stuff like this should be standard.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #747
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

that, and like in japan(? i could be wrong) where they have cameras in front and back recording all. i believe the concept is to better sort out insurance claims
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #748
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
and unless they have witnesses you can say you weren't backing out, you were just slowly and safely driving through the lot when he pulled out of a spot and hit you
Well when you have damage on your rear bumper and fender its hard to say its the other guys fault. Claims adjuster have heard every story in the books and they know how to look at the damages and see who is telling the truth. For example. When they see a dent and with the dent there a scractches they can tell the direction the car was traveling by those scratches.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #749
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,051
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well when you have damage on your rear bumper and fender its hard to say its the other guys fault. Claims adjuster have heard every story in the books and they know how to look at the damages and see who is telling the truth. For example. When they see a dent and with the dent there a scractches they can tell the direction the car was traveling by those scratches.
the direction i get, that's why you have to say he was pulling out of a spot instead of a straight up rear ender. i had to stop as a child ran out from behind an suv, but the guy pulled out of his spot and must not have been careful as he turned into my bumper
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #750
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,596
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I recently got a new car that has a backup camera and sensors, let me tell you these are some of the best things ever invented for a car. When you're backing up if another car comes along, the sensors go off. It also has blind spot sensors that are awesome on the highway. That way you know anytime a moron is riding in your blind spot. Stuff like this should be standard.
I find the sensors to be more usefully then the camera. The camera in my wife's car just confuses me, seems unnatural to look at the dash when backing up.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27735 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25