Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #1051
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,513
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
All I know is I'm tired of hearing you people yelling from across the street!!!!! Cut it out or I'm calling the cops!!!!!!



And tell your kids to stay off my lawn!!!!!!!

edit: finished reading the rest of the thread. darn, too late
I gotta say, I got tons of enjoyment out of that whole improv.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1052
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,632
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Passing up serious coin out of principle...sigh
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #1053
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

I had my original PS3 for 5 years and 8 months. I downloaded NCAA Football13 and an hour later got the Yellow Light of Death. Worse, my son had just stuck one of his games into the console in an attempt to oust me from the system just before it happened. I had to dismantle the box and the disk drive just to get his game out before I went to Game Stop for a replacement console. Even worse, I didn't have Playstation plus so I spent the entire afternoon and evening re-downloading and reinstalling everything that I had purchased previously. All of my game saves are lost though.

Just before a car or any other piece of machinery goes bad there are warning signs. Why doesn't PC hardware have warning signs?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #1054
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,054
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I had my original PS3 for 5 years and 8 months. I downloaded NCAA Football13 and an hour later got the Yellow Light of Death. Worse, my son had just stuck one of his games into the console in an attempt to oust me from the system just before it happened. I had to dismantle the box and the disk drive just to get his game out before I went to Game Stop for a replacement console. Even worse, I didn't have Playstation plus so I spent the entire afternoon and evening re-downloading and reinstalling everything that I had purchased previously. All of my game saves are lost though.

Just before a car or any other piece of machinery goes bad there are warning signs. Why doesn't PC hardware have warning signs?
did you get a new or used replacement from gamestop? if you got a used one, you may be able to return the broken one for a full refund as the one you just purchased. idk if you hate gamestop as much as i do
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #1055
The Starter
 
InsaneBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DC
Age: 26
Posts: 1,300
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Funny, A LOT of people had problems with the PS3 after they did the update, 4.21 I think it was? Whatever the one was before this latest one (because the latest was supposed to fix it). Not sure how it would fix it though being you can't use the system.

Funny part is, Sony basically told people to kick rocks. I smell a class action lawsuit.
__________________

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #1056
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,317
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Having the chick pick the dvd to rent. Woman in Black is the worst movie of all time. I never win. the alternative was "the vow", either way epic fail. I always lose.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #1057
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,912
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
Funny, A LOT of people had problems with the PS3 after they did the update, 4.21 I think it was? Whatever the one was before this latest one (because the latest was supposed to fix it). Not sure how it would fix it though being you can't use the system.

Funny part is, Sony basically told people to kick rocks. I smell a class action lawsuit.
I'm not sure when 4.21 came out, but right at the end of April my original PS3 (the old big ass one that sounded like an airplane but was backwards compatible to play PS2 games... like the new ones don't do) crapped out. I'm not sure if it just burned out or if the update had something to do with it, but the hard drive completely crapped out. It'd probably still work if a new hard drive was installed but I just said F it and got the 120 gig slim ones.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #1058
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,912
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Having the chick pick the dvd to rent. Woman in Black is the worst movie of all time. I never win. the alternative was "the vow", either way epic fail. I always lose.
I saw that and didn't think it was too bad. I think you're confusing that movie with "The Happening" the ACTUAL worst movie of all time. To make matters worse I actually paid to see The Happening in theaters.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #1059
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,054
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

syphon filter
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #1060
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,317
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I saw that and didn't think it was too bad. I think you're confusing that movie with "The Happening" the ACTUAL worst movie of all time. To make matters worse I actually paid to see The Happening in theaters.
woman in black was worse...but the happening did suck balls too
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #1061
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,648
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

I actually liked Woman in Black.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #1062
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

People who say "the proverbial" in use with a proverbial saying.

example:

Quote:
He was thrown under the proverbial bus.
Just say he was thrown under the bus. Its rediculous. Unless you are using an odd or uncommon saying you sound like a idiot when you tack "the proverbial". I feel like sports people are espicially bad in saying "the proverbial". And as much as i like Mark Schlereth he seems to be one of the worse offenders.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #1063
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Passing up serious coin out of principle...sigh
Schefter wanted to buy you lunch?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #1064
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,835
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
People who say "the proverbial" in use with a proverbial saying.

example:



Just say he was thrown under the bus. Its rediculous. Unless you are using an odd or uncommon saying you sound like a idiot when you tack "the proverbial". I feel like sports people are espicially bad in saying "the proverbial". And as much as i like Mark Schlereth he seems to be one of the worse offenders.
I hate to throw you under the proverbial bus, metaphorically speaking, but I can't stand people who can't spell ridiculous.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #1065
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I hate to throw you under the proverbial bus, metaphorically speaking, but I can't stand people who can't spell ridiculous.
Nice.


My bad. There are some mispellings that are just ingrained in my brain, rediculous is one of them. I hate people who say ricoculous. Not only is it immature but its absolutely recoculous.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.81106 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25