Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #1126
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17,703
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Speaking of supermarkets, I really hate it when people that have no f'ing clue about using the self check out....USE THE SELF CHECK OUT.

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #1127
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 37
Posts: 16,270
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

They removed the self checkouts at the store I shop at because of theft. Idiot thieves.

Now I have to be behind the cart-full in express lane fools like you guys do.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #1128
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 37
Posts: 16,270
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I really hate it when people abuse the item limit rule. Wish the stores would actually enforce it once in a while.
If I worked at a store, I'd be strict about it and make people leave my line. Of course, I'd probably be fired for what they call "poor customer service" even though I'd actually be providing excellent customer service for the others and applying store rules.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #1129
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,766
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
If the changes for Debit/Credit cards being charged an extra 3% on every purchase, expect to see checks make a comeback. Especially for things like groceries. Many stores already put a markup of ~3% on items to cover their losses from people using debit/credit cards... now they'll be getting that 3% straight to their pocket.
Actually now, if you go into most grocery stores and pay with a check, they still run it through and deduct from your account just like they would do if you paid with a debit card or credit card. The only difference is that it takes longer for them to have to run the check through, getting you to sign the receipt, etc...they hand the check back to you when it has been cleared. So, I'm not sure if using checks now would really make a difference other than wasting more time.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #1130
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,766
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Go to a local store for lunch, grab a couple items and immediately head to the quick, "10 items or less" check out...lady in front of me checking out A) has 13 items and B) asks for a f*ckin pen.

A) rules. if it says 10 items, then 10 is the effing max. its a line for people like me, with 3 items who want to grab and go.

B) Who the f*ck writes a effing check anymore? Of course we need to write it out, let the cashier run it and record it in our little register. An addition 2 minutes to my waiting time while im staring at the other line 10 items line breeze right through. Who the f*ck writes a check? Get a effing check card.
I will actually count the items in my buggy to make sure I don't have over the "10 items or less" limit and if I'm one over, I'll go into the regular line. Occasionally if the grocery store is not busy, they'll take me in the express line no matter what, but I will let someone else go in front of me if they have a few items in their hands.

Yeah, the check writing gets me, but like I stated in the previous post, they treat checks just like they would debit cards or credit cards in the grocery stores I've been to. I've lost my debit card on a couple of occasions and had to pay with checks until the replacement card came back and the cashier told me you don't even have to fill out the check, just sign your name and their computer does the rest.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #1131
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 37
Posts: 16,270
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

New gear grinder...

Now I've been seeing a $1.00 charge anytime you your PIN on the debit card.

I have always processed purchases as credit instead of debit, but a month or so ago I asked for cash back and ran it as debit. I saw a $1.00 "PIN use fee" deducted from my account. A few weeks later, I used an ATM for cash. I always use M&T Bank's ATMs because they have no surcharges, even if you don't have an account with them and are everywhere around here. Again, that "PIN use fee" despite my use of a fee-free ATM.

I used to always use the "free" ATMs and cash back at registers to get cash without paying a fee. Now, the only way for me to get access to my own cash without paying a fee is going to be writing a check out to cash or making a withdrawl at my credit union at the counter, both inconvenient.

I've always used my bank card as credit when swiping, so the only time I get nailed with this is when getting cash. My wife went to the grocery store and swiped the card as a debit card...got nailed with the $1.00 fee again! I've made sure she knows not to do that again.

Thieves! For ATMs with a fee, you're going to get nailed twice on the same transaction. Double-dipping on a single transactions should be illegal, even if it's two different institutions.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #1132
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 31
Posts: 4,341
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
If I worked at a store, I'd be strict about it and make people leave my line. Of course, I'd probably be fired for what they call "poor customer service" even though I'd actually be providing excellent customer service for the others and applying store rules.
i was a cashier at a grocery store in high school. i tried to put my foot down when i was on the express lane, but got no support from my superiors.

if they were the only customer in my line, i would scan all their stuff really slow and take as long as i could until someone else came in behind them. one time this woman seriously came w a cart FULL, i told her move it along sister - but she said something like "come on, the store closes in 10 minutes" - it was closing soon but i didn't care. i scanned about 15 items then rang my bell/turned on my light like i needed a manager's help to proceed.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #1133
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 31
Posts: 4,341
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
New gear grinder...

Now I've been seeing a $1.00 charge anytime you your PIN on the debit card.

I have always processed purchases as credit instead of debit, but a month or so ago I asked for cash back and ran it as debit. I saw a $1.00 "PIN use fee" deducted from my account. A few weeks later, I used an ATM for cash. I always use M&T Bank's ATMs because they have no surcharges, even if you don't have an account with them and are everywhere around here. Again, that "PIN use fee" despite my use of a fee-free ATM.

I used to always use the "free" ATMs and cash back at registers to get cash without paying a fee. Now, the only way for me to get access to my own cash without paying a fee is going to be writing a check out to cash or making a withdrawl at my credit union at the counter, both inconvenient.

I've always used my bank card as credit when swiping, so the only time I get nailed with this is when getting cash. My wife went to the grocery store and swiped the card as a debit card...got nailed with the $1.00 fee again! I've made sure she knows not to do that again.

Thieves! For ATMs with a fee, you're going to get nailed twice on the same transaction. Double-dipping on a single transactions should be illegal, even if it's two different institutions.
bank with usaa if you can, they refund atm fees.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #1134
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 43
Posts: 87,876
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
New gear grinder...

Now I've been seeing a $1.00 charge anytime you your PIN on the debit card.

I have always processed purchases as credit instead of debit, but a month or so ago I asked for cash back and ran it as debit. I saw a $1.00 "PIN use fee" deducted from my account. A few weeks later, I used an ATM for cash. I always use M&T Bank's ATMs because they have no surcharges, even if you don't have an account with them and are everywhere around here. Again, that "PIN use fee" despite my use of a fee-free ATM.

I used to always use the "free" ATMs and cash back at registers to get cash without paying a fee. Now, the only way for me to get access to my own cash without paying a fee is going to be writing a check out to cash or making a withdrawl at my credit union at the counter, both inconvenient.

I've always used my bank card as credit when swiping, so the only time I get nailed with this is when getting cash. My wife went to the grocery store and swiped the card as a debit card...got nailed with the $1.00 fee again! I've made sure she knows not to do that again.

Thieves! For ATMs with a fee, you're going to get nailed twice on the same transaction. Double-dipping on a single transactions should be illegal, even if it's two different institutions.
Yeah the debit charge is nothing new in the industry. Always run it as a credit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #1135
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 37
Posts: 16,270
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

I've always had a limited number of debit uses per month and always stayed under that, but a couple months ago, they started charging a buck for EVERY debit transaction. That's just ridiculous.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #1136
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 37
Posts: 16,270
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i was a cashier at a grocery store in high school. i tried to put my foot down when i was on the express lane, but got no support from my superiors.

if they were the only customer in my line, i would scan all their stuff really slow and take as long as i could until someone else came in behind them. one time this woman seriously came w a cart FULL, i told her move it along sister - but she said something like "come on, the store closes in 10 minutes" - it was closing soon but i didn't care. i scanned about 15 items then rang my bell/turned on my light like i needed a manager's help to proceed.
I applaud your efforts.

Too bad you couldn't just flip your light off and walk away...just long enough for her to get in the proper lane.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #1137
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 39
Posts: 16,195
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Pull up blue mail drop off thingy to mail a couple bills at the post office. Some bitch is sitting in front of me writing out her mail. r you f*cking serious, people just dont give a sh8t anymore
__________________
Way too soon, RIP Pat Summitt - Legend
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #1138
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 49
Posts: 13,954
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
New gear grinder...

Now I've been seeing a $1.00 charge anytime you your PIN on the debit card.

I have always processed purchases as credit instead of debit, but a month or so ago I asked for cash back and ran it as debit. I saw a $1.00 "PIN use fee" deducted from my account. A few weeks later, I used an ATM for cash. I always use M&T Bank's ATMs because they have no surcharges, even if you don't have an account with them and are everywhere around here. Again, that "PIN use fee" despite my use of a fee-free ATM.

I used to always use the "free" ATMs and cash back at registers to get cash without paying a fee. Now, the only way for me to get access to my own cash without paying a fee is going to be writing a check out to cash or making a withdrawl at my credit union at the counter, both inconvenient.

I've always used my bank card as credit when swiping, so the only time I get nailed with this is when getting cash. My wife went to the grocery store and swiped the card as a debit card...got nailed with the $1.00 fee again! I've made sure she knows not to do that again.

Thieves! For ATMs with a fee, you're going to get nailed twice on the same transaction. Double-dipping on a single transactions should be illegal, even if it's two different institutions.
One reason I love USAA. They have limited ATM's so instead they just credit you once a month for any ATM fees you incur, up to $15 a month. That's like 5 ATM uses, and I rarely use more than two or three at the most in a month. Basically, I just never worry about the fee if I have to use an ATM for some reason.

Oh and I never choose debit at a register/gas pump. And never understand why anybody would.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #1139
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 49
Posts: 13,954
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Pull up blue mail drop off thingy to mail a couple bills at the post office. Some bitch is sitting in front of me writing out her mail. r you f*cking serious, people just dont give a sh8t anymore
Agreed
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #1140
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 31
Posts: 4,341
Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
One reason I love USAA. They have limited ATM's so instead they just credit you once a month for any ATM fees you incur, up to $15 a month. That's like 5 ATM uses, and I rarely use more than two or three at the most in a month. Basically, I just never worry about the fee if I have to use an ATM for some reason.

Oh and I never choose debit at a register/gas pump. And never understand why anybody would.
usaa is the tops. have you used their home value calculator/estimator tool?

i just got the usaa mobile app and deposited my first check via mobile. before this app, i had to use my scanner, but at least that was an option. navy federal doesn't offer online check deposit on their website - only on their mobile app, weird.
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27489 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25