Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


College

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,939
College

Ok i have been accepted into 4 schools

Florida
Tennessee
Penn State
wake Forest

but i am waiting for LSU and UNC

what should I do?

should I just go to one of the other schools or should I hold out?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,632
Re: College

What happened with the Culinary Institute?

What are you looking for in a college?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Special Teams
 
Hail2theskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Herndon, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 488
Re: College

Its all your decision my friend. you gotta weigh out what you think the pros and cons of each school are. But either way those are all great schools, all with very good athletic programs too, thats always a major plus. I can tell you Tenn and Penn State are both excellent times. And Baton rouge is a very very cool place and one of the wildest college football atmospheres you will ever encounter if you do get in to LSU.
__________________
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Hail2theskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,939
Re: College

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What happened with the Culinary Institute?

What are you looking for in a college?

Didn't get in. Dont know what their problem was? I am going to try and double major in Sports Journalism and Law. (In case the sports thing doesnt work out.)
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,486
Re: College

If you're looking for my general impressions of each college socially, I've partied and hung out at each extensively except for Florida. Overall, it seems that TN is the most down to Earth and is a great town. Knoxville is a GREAT party scene and not only that, the TMC frequents the parties there at least two to three times a year whenever I visit my buddy who goes there.

Penn State is strikingly similar to UT party-wise, I just like Knoxville as a town better.

Wake Forest seemed VERY stuck up to me. A lot of popped collars running around the two times I partied there. It seems like the amount of money you have counts for a lot in that place.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: College

good luck in what ever you choose. make us proud, quake
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,939
Re: College

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
good luck in what ever you choose. make us proud, quake

thanks man, I always wanted to go to LSU but my cousins go to Tennessee so if not LSU that is probably where I will go.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,486
Re: College

I've never been to LSU, but when I was there for UT vs. LSU last year, their fans, even though they weren't highly represented, were sometimes louder than the ENTIRE CROWD at Neyland Stadium. That is definitely saying something.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: College

Your location says you're from NC. If so, take advantage of that good school, great instate price, and the girl/guy ratio at UNC. UNC is also the most respected one on that list and it isn't too hard to get into from instate. Judging by the fact that you got into the other schools, you should also get in at UNC, instate (i would guess). UNC Out of state is REALLY hard and those in NC should take advantage of that school if possible. Isn't the instate tuition under 5,000?

Thats what I would do... If not the rest are all good schools. I would look at the fit at each university and see how you like it. Wake Forest has been getting more and more respectable. PSU and Florida will give you great sports to write about if you join the school's newspaper.

Here are princeton review's "Best College Newspaper" Rankings

School Name Save Apply Request Info
1 Yale University
2 University of Arizona
3 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
4 Howard University
5 University of Pennsylvania
6 University of Georgia
7 University of Maryland-College Park
8 Harvard College
9 Indiana University at Bloomington
10 The University of Texas at Austin
11 Syracuse University
12 Northwestern University
13 Penn State--University Park
14 Duke University
15 West Virginia University
16 Louisiana State University
17 Texas A&M University-College Station
18 Michigan State University
19 University of California-Los Angeles
20 University of Minnesota--Twin Cities

http://www.princetonreview.com/colle...D=7&topicID=57

Take this ranking with a grain of salt. I don't know how important they are but they are there.


You see UNC is at the top> I would pick UNC hands down if it were me. Then I would look at PSU and Florida. That is me though and everyone is different, that is what makes this world great. This should be a personal decision. Take a look at all the schools you are seriously considering.

Good luck.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: College

Damn dude, they are all good schools....pick one for gods sake....? good luck
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: College

yeah UNC is just about 5,000 College Search - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Cost & Financial Aid for tuition and shouldn't cost more than 15,000 per year total. I mean, that is the clincher for me. The price and education is the best, in my opinion. I don't really see any reason to go anywhere else in particular. Again, this is your decision, but that is just me.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #12
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,939
Re: College

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
Your location says you're from NC. If so, take advantage of that good school, great instate price, and the girl/guy ratio at UNC. UNC is also the most respected one on that list and it isn't too hard to get into from instate. Judging by the fact that you got into the other schools, you should also get in at UNC, instate (i would guess). UNC Out of state is REALLY hard and those in NC should take advantage of that school if possible. Isn't the instate tuition under 5,000?

Thats what I would do... If not the rest are all good schools. I would look at the fit at each university and see how you like it. Wake Forest has been getting more and more respectable. PSU and Florida will give you great sports to write about if you join the school's newspaper.

Here are princeton review's "Best College Newspaper" Rankings

School Name Save Apply Request Info
1 Yale University
2 University of Arizona
3 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
4 Howard University
5 University of Pennsylvania
6 University of Georgia
7 University of Maryland-College Park
8 Harvard College
9 Indiana University at Bloomington
10 The University of Texas at Austin
11 Syracuse University
12 Northwestern University
13 Penn State--University Park
14 Duke University
15 West Virginia University
16 Louisiana State University
17 Texas A&M University-College Station
18 Michigan State University
19 University of California-Los Angeles
20 University of Minnesota--Twin Cities

http://www.princetonreview.com/colle...D=7&topicID=57

Take this ranking with a grain of salt. I don't know how important they are but they are there.


You see UNC is at the top> I would pick UNC hands down if it were me. Then I would look at PSU and Florida. That is me though and everyone is different, that is what makes this world great. This should be a personal decision. Take a look at all the schools you are seriously considering.

Good luck.

that really helps me and thanks
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #13
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,017
Re: College

I have heard good things about Florida. Not easy to get in. You did a good job Quake!
My kids went to a week long Lacrosse camp last week sponsored by the Gators. Gator lacrosse team, and coach put it on. Total CLASS deal. Could not have been better
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #14
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: College

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
that really helps me and thanks
No, problem.

For the record though, i may have said some good things about UNC but still F... The Tar heels

60/40 Girl/guy ratio.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #15
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,876
Re: College

What are you majoring in? Some of these schools are better than others in the field you're interested. Also, try to avoid getting into debt. You don't want to owe 50K+ after leaving school.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43713 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25