Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Free Scooter Libby

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #46
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
His conversation with Russert was no doubt damning, but it wasn't the one and only thing that convicted him. There were numerous testimonies. He spoke to numerous people, some in the press and some not. (see Ari Fleischer)

But to your point, this is all political. And sure the Dems played a hand in some of this, but they didn't make Libby lie and they sure as hell didn't leak V. Plames' name to the press.
excellent take, and i completely agree
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 53
Posts: 2,507
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Who's Scooter Libby?

lol
I'm a right wing, republican, gun toting, Bible believing guy and I say the guy could have just gone to prision and I would not have cared. All politics aside.

peace
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #48
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Libby didn't leak her name as well.
Well I know that, I was just saying.

Anyway, I'm done with talking about Scooter.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #49
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,053
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
His conversation with Russert was no doubt damning, but it wasn't the one and only thing that convicted him. There were numerous testimonies. He spoke to numerous people, some in the press and some not. (see Ari Fleischer)

But to your point, this is all political. And sure the Dems played a hand in some of this, but they didn't make Libby lie and they sure as hell didn't leak V. Plames' name to the press.
Umm yes that one conversation was the only thing he got convicted on. The rest of the testimony showed no discrepancies(sp?).

And
They sure as hell did. Armitage was is a card carrying member. He was the one who leaked the name. By the time Libby had conversations with anyone about Plame it was already in the wild.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #50
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Free Scooter Libby

can anyone in the current administration admit they were wrong?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #51
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,053
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
can anyone in the current administration admit they were wrong?
Good question. I think it is one of their biggest problems. I know I would respect polticians, not just this administration, if they were simply more honest in their speaking. Not that they lie but a good example is John Kerry. The whole "flip flop" issue is retarded. It is one of a few main reasons he lost the election and I am pretty sure that had he just come out and said "Yeah I changed my mind. Initially I felt this way after careful deliberation. Then with new details and additonal council I have now decided that I was initially wrong." We all change our minds all the time and thinking that we don't understand that and can live with it was a major flaw. Not to just attack Kerry on that, it was just an example. Every single politician does it. They all try to couch their thoughts and actions as best as poltiically possible. It makes me think about the saying "The cover-up is always worse" Trying to conceal what you really think and do poltiically is so transparent to us. The Bush admin is made on that premise. That is their biggest problem.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #52
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,525
Re: Free Scooter Libby

good point, and i agree. its not that the Bushies invented the lying, they just seem to have taken it to new heights
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #53
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 10,053
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
good point, and i agree. its not that the Bushies invented the lying, they just seem to have taken it to new heights
I actually don't think they take it to new heights, I just think they are not very good at it. That coupled with such transparency due to the internet and they can't win. I am pretty convinced it won't be much better under the next administration dem or rep. Times are a changing for polticians. Someday the polticians will figure it out.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #54
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Free Scooter Libby

So who in here is voting for Ron Paul? He's the most honest and forward man running for the presidency.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #55
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So who in here is voting for Ron Paul? He's the most honest and forward man running for the presidency.
Why do you say he's the most honest? I think he's a good man though.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 53
Posts: 2,507
Re: Free Scooter Libby

I've lost more time of my life in this thread then Libby did time in Jail.

lol
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #57
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Why do you say he's the most honest? I think he's a good man though.
Because he is a constitutionalist and his voting record shows it. Because he serves in congress and practices medicine when he goes back home. Because when he speaks you don't see the usual symptoms of liar (facial expressions, nervous ticks and flat out acting). Because he wants to reduce the power of the government.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #58
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Because he is a constitutionalist and his voting record shows it. Because he serves in congress and practices medicine when he goes back home. Because when he speaks you don't see the usual symptoms of liar (facial expressions, nervous ticks and flat out acting). Because he wants to reduce the power of the government.
I didn't know he practiced medicince. I did hear him in one of the debates refer to himself as "A Champion of the Constitution" ; So that explains it.There's an old saying that goes, truth tells, but stories sell. Unfortunately, we live in a culture that's more interested in hearing stories that romance us rather than facts. We like to fall in love with whom we vote for; We want to connect with our candidate on some level. That's the sad reality. Doesn't mean, though, that the others are always liars. I think that's taking things to the other extreme. But we tend to gravitate toward that which sounds good, looks good, and makes us feel good.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 44
Posts: 3,048
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So who in here is voting for Ron Paul? He's the most honest and forward man running for the presidency.
Not me. His rhetoric on Israel is a little too old school for me. Old meaning 1938 and school meaning Germany.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #60
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Free Scooter Libby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Not me. His rhetoric on Israel is a little too old school for me. Old meaning 1938 and school meaning Germany.
Funny. What did he say? I'm still laughing...
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40893 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25