Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #31
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,958
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVIL'S OWN View Post
anyone really surprised........


yes we are.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk26 View Post
This gets crazier and crazier, I was watching the tribute and everyone was going off about how big of a family man he was and all this, then the Murder suicide theory comes out and it like what!?! I just heard everyone say he was such a family man. It doesn't add up?
This is complete theory off the top of my head based on nothing but the criminology classes I took in college all the A&E crimes shows that I watch, so take it with a grain of salt if you choose, but...

if he's such a huge family man and his wife devastates him by admitting to him that she had an affair or something like that I could see him going off the deep end and doing something this horrible. This would especially be true if you combined the shock of learning something like this with roid rage, which seems to be a factor.
He probably went into such a rage that he killed her, and then while he was still out of it he decided with some f'd up logic that he didn't want his son to live with the knowledge that his daddy killed his mommy so he killed him too (again, this is only 'logic' that would make sense to someone who's going completely nuts).
Apparently the wife was strangled, which is a very personal way to kill someone. He would have probably had to see her dying. At the same time, the kid was smothered, meaning that he was probably hidden under a pillow.
Then after a couple of hours to calm down he realized what a horrible thing he had done and he took the coward's way out.

Like I said, I have nothing to back any of this up but it's a theory.
(maybe I should go get my master's in criminology after all.)
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #33
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,958
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
This is complete theory off the top of my head based on nothing but the criminology classes I took in college all the A&E crimes shows that I watch, so take it with a grain of salt if you choose, but...

if he's such a huge family man and his wife devastates him by admitting to him that she had an affair or something like that I could see him going off the deep end and doing something this horrible. This would especially be true if you combined the shock of learning something like this with roid rage, which seems to be a factor.
He probably went into such a rage that he killed her, and then while he was still out of it he decided with some f'd up logic that he didn't want his son to live with the knowledge that his daddy killed his mommy so he killed him too (again, this is only 'logic' that would make sense to someone who's going completely nuts).
Apparently the wife was strangled, which is a very personal way to kill someone. He would have probably had to see her dying. At the same time, the kid was smothered, meaning that he was probably hidden under a pillow.
Then after a couple of hours to calm down he realized what a horrible thing he had done and he took the coward's way out.

Like I said, I have nothing to back any of this up but it's a theory.
(maybe I should go get my master's in criminology after all.)

I really think that you should
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #34
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,880
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
This is complete theory off the top of my head based on nothing but the criminology classes I took in college all the A&E crimes shows that I watch, so take it with a grain of salt if you choose, but...

if he's such a huge family man and his wife devastates him by admitting to him that she had an affair or something like that I could see him going off the deep end and doing something this horrible. This would especially be true if you combined the shock of learning something like this with roid rage, which seems to be a factor.
He probably went into such a rage that he killed her, and then while he was still out of it he decided with some f'd up logic that he didn't want his son to live with the knowledge that his daddy killed his mommy so he killed him too (again, this is only 'logic' that would make sense to someone who's going completely nuts).
Apparently the wife was strangled, which is a very personal way to kill someone. He would have probably had to see her dying. At the same time, the kid was smothered, meaning that he was probably hidden under a pillow.
Then after a couple of hours to calm down he realized what a horrible thing he had done and he took the coward's way out.

Like I said, I have nothing to back any of this up but it's a theory.
(maybe I should go get my master's in criminology after all.)
Exactly what I was thinking. "I want a divorce" or something similar is not something a "family man" wants to hear. I doubt he was a family man though. He's on the road all the time and he has been through previous marriage(s).


May the innocent rest in peace.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #35
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Roid rage?
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #36
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. "I want a divorce" or something similar is not something a "family man" wants to hear. I doubt he was a family man though. He's on the road all the time and he has been through previous marriage(s).


May the innocent rest in peace.
Right, especially if he was on 'roids.
Imagine if she said she was leaving him for another man. He's a guy who's whole life is based around being the most macho, man's man in the world so he probably wouldn't have been able to face something as emasculating as as losing his wife to another man (in his mind at least).
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #37
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Roid rage?
You genius...the radio news just opened their news break with the line "Roid Rage? It's being investigated as the cause of a murder-suicide by a Pro Wrestler.



Good job, Buster.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #38
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

I've been very careful with my thoughts about this...because when I first saw he died, I was nearly in tears. (prior to getting all the facts). This was a guy I often emulated myself after. I'm a pretty big wrestling fan, I've been dying off like many as far as fanhood the past few years, but Chris Benoit was one of the few things that still made you proud to be a wrestling fan. When it first came out he was dead, I was deeply saddened....then when more and more facts came out, I was absoultley crushed. I couldnt belive that this guy was a cold blooded killer like he was. I truly belive there is more to this than is being said at this point, because I just dont think (and yeah, I dont know the guy personally), but I just dont think he was the type of a guy to just go ahead and KILL HIS KID. I mean god damn that just gets me, how the hell do you kill a seven year old kid like that.....

Furthermore, I'm not going to buy into this whole roid rage thing as an excuse for the bullcrap actions of Chris Benoit. It wasent roid rage...Roid Rage is I just snapped and within a span of 15 mintues I killed everyone and myself....its becoming more and more apparent to me at least that this was slowly carried out. Its seriously a damn shame, because that kid had his whole life in front of him, as did Nancy Benoit, she was only 43.......

God damnit, Chris. What the hell were you thinking?

Unbelivable.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Just goes to show you that you may think someone "has it all", but they really don't.
I had no clue who this guy was, I'm not a razzling fan, but the point remains the same...people will surprise you at every corner.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,716
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

according to yahoo they r reporting no suicide note was found and he and his wife had some issues a few years ago. I'm deeply conflicted on this because he always seemed to represent someone who worked as hard as he possibly could and went about things the right way and now to hear that there's almost an almost concrete certainty that he killed his wife and one of his children. I just am absolutely stunned right now and have had yet another person I admired wind up not being who I thought they were. I feel absolutely terrible for his surviving children who now have to live with the fact their father killed their step family and then like a coward hung himself. I truly hope the reason is discovered as to why this happened, but I have a feeling this will never be resolved. hopefully this makes people appreciate their families that much more and also realize you honestly never know everyone the way you think you do.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
This is complete theory off the top of my head based on nothing but the criminology classes I took in college all the A&E crimes shows that I watch, so take it with a grain of salt if you choose, but...

if he's such a huge family man and his wife devastates him by admitting to him that she had an affair or something like that I could see him going off the deep end and doing something this horrible. This would especially be true if you combined the shock of learning something like this with roid rage, which seems to be a factor.
He probably went into such a rage that he killed her, and then while he was still out of it he decided with some f'd up logic that he didn't want his son to live with the knowledge that his daddy killed his mommy so he killed him too (again, this is only 'logic' that would make sense to someone who's going completely nuts).
Apparently the wife was strangled, which is a very personal way to kill someone. He would have probably had to see her dying. At the same time, the kid was smothered, meaning that he was probably hidden under a pillow.
Then after a couple of hours to calm down he realized what a horrible thing he had done and he took the coward's way out.

Like I said, I have nothing to back any of this up but it's a theory.
(maybe I should go get my master's in criminology after all.)
Was she his wife, or ex-wife? I thought she had filed for divorce a few years back, did she change her mind?

Either way, it's a horrible tragedy. And especially for the completely innocent child stuck in the middle of an obviously strained relationship between the parents
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #42
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I'm deeply conflicted on this because he always seemed to represent someone who worked as hard as he possibly could and went about things the right way and now to hear that there's almost an almost concrete certainty that he killed his wife and one of his children.
OK, I know this is going to sound rude...but really??? This is a guy that works in deceiving you daily. He works hard at being a fake. He works for a fake oginization that ACTS.
In other words, you know nothing about him...no one did. He is...excuse me, was a phony.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #43
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,939
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

I am there with Gman on this. Just trying to fnd some rational reason to understand what happened. Just rationalize it away. As for roid rage I agree also. Roid rage is a snap. This was all entirely too methodical. Underneathe this guy was just nuts.

To those who don't watch wrestling, I don't much anymore recently, I'd equate him to someone like Santana Moss. A skilled guy who had the respect of everyone. Someone who worked hard and was friends with everybody but was really a internal guy not too comfortable with celebrity and fame. If he did something like this everyone would be out of their minds. It's not like half ass crazy Steve Austin did this. This was a guy that was a friend to everyone, a guy that people saw as a devoted family man who went 100% off the deep end out of nowhere. Makes no sense and never will.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #44
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, I know this is going to sound rude...but really??? This is a guy that works in deceiving you daily. He works hard at being a fake. He works for a fake oginization that ACTS.
In other words, you know nothing about him...no one did. He is...excuse me, was a phony.
I am pretty sure that the WWE is not a fake orginization. It is a real orginization, hell you can even buy stocks on the NYSE if you wanted to. And as for him or any wrestler making a living out of deceiving the public, well they are in sports entertainment. I think or would like to think that by now the people that do watch wrestling know that it is nothing more than a soap opera. You may not like wrestling, but to say that they are deceiving you is a little outlandish.

As you say that "he works hard at being a fake," to me is no different than an actor working just as hard at being a fake... I mean really to you think that Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, or any other hollywood action star does there own stunts? I know there are a select few that do, but it is ok for a movie star to deceive me for two hours, give or take, but it is not ok for a proffesional wrestler to do it?

You did hit the nail on the head though when you said ACT, because at the end of the day that is all that it is, guys who get a script or whatever and they go out and entertain the crowd as there boss has directed them to... Its all acting, one shouldn't read more into it...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I am there with Gman on this. Just trying to fnd some rational reason to understand what happened. Just rationalize it away. As for roid rage I agree also. Roid rage is a snap. This was all entirely too methodical. Underneathe this guy was just nuts.
Is it possible though that the first murder (his wife) was a result of roid rage and the following murder plus his suicide were "planned" but only because he didn't know what to do after the rage of the first?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36937 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25