Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,974
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Is it possible though that the first murder (his wife) was a result of roid rage and the following murder plus his suicide were "planned" but only because he didn't know what to do after the rage of the first?
That's kind of what I'm thinking. If the roids make you that f'd up in the head to snap like he did on his wife then I would assume that it could also send him into a deep depression over his actions.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 AM   #47
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,903
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

This just proves no good can come from using steriods.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #48
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Did you hear the kid had needle marks in his arm where they think the dad was injecting him with human growth hormons because the kid was small. The kid is actually a Dwarf. They said the dad used a wrestling choke hold on the kid most likely.


grrrrrrrr!!!!!
Mother fucker!


Please excuse/forgive my faul words
peace
mike
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #49
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,974
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

They're talking about steroids and roid rage on the radio right now and someone just brought up an interesting point. He said that when people cycle off them their body obviously doesn't have as much testosterone pumping through them and that makes them depressed.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #50
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
Did you hear the kid had needle marks in his arm where they think the dad was injecting him with human growth hormons because the kid was small. The kid is actually a Dwarf. They said the dad used a wrestling choke hold on the kid most likely.


grrrrrrrr!!!!!
Mother fucker!


Please excuse/forgive my faul words
peace
mike
Where the hell did you hear he was a dwarf?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Where the hell did you hear he was a dwarf?
ABC News during Good Morning America
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #52
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I am pretty sure that the WWE is not a fake orginization. It is a real orginization, hell you can even buy stocks on the NYSE if you wanted to. And as for him or any wrestler making a living out of deceiving the public, well they are in sports entertainment. I think or would like to think that by now the people that do watch wrestling know that it is nothing more than a soap opera. You may not like wrestling, but to say that they are deceiving you is a little outlandish.

As you say that "he works hard at being a fake," to me is no different than an actor working just as hard at being a fake... I mean really to you think that Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, or any other hollywood action star does there own stunts? I know there are a select few that do, but it is ok for a movie star to deceive me for two hours, give or take, but it is not ok for a proffesional wrestler to do it?
You did hit the nail on the head though when you said ACT, because at the end of the day that is all that it is, guys who get a script or whatever and they go out and entertain the crowd as there boss has directed them to... Its all acting, one shouldn't read more into it...
What a sad event of taking such a young kids life and his mothers. On anothe note WWE is not a sport as the results are predetermined and in real sports the result is determined after the match or games is played.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #53
Special Teams
 
PFunk26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grafton, WI
Age: 34
Posts: 355
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Is that really an arguement that need to be brought up here?
who cares if it's a sport or not.
__________________
'I don’t care what it takes, we’re not leaving here without another ring.’ ”
PFunk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What a sad event of taking such a young kids life and his mothers. On anothe note WWE is not a sport as the results are predetermined and in real sports the result is determined after the match or games is played.
Right, I never said that the WWE was a sport, I called it SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. There is a difference between a sport and sports entertainment.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #55
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
Right, I never said that the WWE was a sport, I called it SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. There is a difference between a sport and sports entertainment.
Ok, I did not really want to debate the issue with such a sad loss.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I am pretty sure that the WWE is not a fake orginization. It is a real orginization,
My bad, I didn't choose my words carefully enough...obviously it's not a fake orginization, I meant it is an orginization of fakes.

Quote:
And as for him or any wrestler making a living out of deceiving the public, well they are in sports entertainment. I think or would like to think that by now the people that do watch wrestling know that it is nothing more than a soap opera. You may not like wrestling, but to say that they are deceiving you is a little outlandish.
Have you ever heard someone say..."No, that's BS, (so and so) should have won that because he's a better wrestler"? I have...MANY TIMES. Maybe deep down they all know it's fake, but there are several that live by it and think it is in fact real.

Quote:
As you say that "he works hard at being a fake," to me is no different than an actor working just as hard at being a fake... I mean really to you think that Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, or any other hollywood action star does there own stunts? I know there are a select few that do, but it is ok for a movie star to deceive me for two hours, give or take, but it is not ok for a proffesional wrestler to do it?
I agree...it's no different. How many times do we hear of an actor or an actress with a month long marriage? Or committing suicide? I don't much of a difference with actors and actresses other than the wrestlers are on the juice.

Quote:
You did hit the nail on the head though when you said ACT, because at the end of the day that is all that it is, guys who get a script or whatever and they go out and entertain the crowd as there boss has directed them to... Its all acting, one shouldn't read more into it...
But ONE does. Ie: several people here thinking this guy was a good family man cause he was on TV. (or how he was protrayed on TV)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 3,710
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, I know this is going to sound rude...but really??? This is a guy that works in deceiving you daily. He works hard at being a fake. He works for a fake oginization that ACTS.
In other words, you know nothing about him...no one did. He is...excuse me, was a phony.
I do realize it's staged but I have some friends that are diehard wrestling fans that have gotten to interact with several WWE stars on a semi regular basis and Benoit was always one guy they all spoke pretty highly of in their times they've crossed paths with him as opposed to quite a few others who were absolute tools. Even though most of us don't personally know any celebs, I'd bet good money all of us see a few of them as truly good people even though they don't actually know them. No matter how anyone spins this, this was something I don't think anyone could see coming.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
But ONE does. Ie: several people here thinking this guy was a good family man cause he was on TV. (or how he was protrayed on TV)
I understand your point for the most part, but I have to ask. Out of pure curiosity have you ever ben a fan of wrestling? Much less have you followed wrestling when Benoit was big? I guess what I am getting at is that from what I remember about wrestling, they dont go into details about the wrestler. I mean whether or not if he is a good family man or not...

If a fan feels that a wrestler is a good family man it is usually what the fan finds out about the wrestler on his own. Not what Jim Ross or Jerry "the King" Lawler say on a broadcast of Monday night RAW or what Vinny Mac decides as the out come of a match or the next story line...

Best example, look at Terry "Hulk" Hogan. When he was with the nWo, he was a total heel. But after seeing "Hogan Knows Best" I really dont think that when he was a heel that he was a bad family man, him being a heel was all part of the act... And by the way his daughter is HOT... And so is his wife for being an older chick...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #59
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,903
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Benoit has lost all respect from me. No excuse can justify what he did. And he can burn in hell for all I care.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #60
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: WWE News: Chris Benoit, Wife and Son found dead at their home

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I do realize it's staged but I have some friends that are diehard wrestling fans that have gotten to interact with several WWE stars on a semi regular basis and Benoit was always one guy they all spoke pretty highly of in their times they've crossed paths with him as opposed to quite a few others who were absolute tools. Even though most of us don't personally know any celebs, I'd bet good money all of us see a few of them as truly good people even though they don't actually know them.
I understand your point. I guess I just wouldn't make a comment about someone unless I really KNEW them. For instance, I grew up with Mike Glavine, (Tom's younger brother), and I knew Tom very well since he was always around...we used to all play wiffleball together. I liked him at first. After years of him having success in MLB, he became an asshole. Lots of people have no clue who he is, and to this day, people think he's a great guy cause he goes about his business very quietly and is about to hit 300 wins. He's not.

Quote:
No matter how anyone spins this, this was something I don't think anyone could see coming.
I agree 100% there.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49748 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25