Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


Happy Birthday Mr. President

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
Wow. That wasn't very christian of you. What would Jesus do?
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them "haters" or "bashers" or "whiners". It means they have a difference of opinion and when it comes to "Dubya", there are a lot of folks that really don't like his leadership.
But I can say "Happy Birthday" to the man. He is still a human being and an American and deserves courtesy regardless of his politics.
Really i don't mind at all. It doesn't bother me much. Whats worse is the other stuff SBF said about all my posts which goes deeper than this one post he disagreed with. Whatever.

But the thing is, i hate it when democratic ideas get labeled as 'hater' and 'whiner' ideas, like you said. What is worse when the words "national pride" come into the picture, as skinsfan said. Just because someone disagrees with the way the country is being run doesn't make them any less american than those that blindly follow it. They are more american for that. This is the same thing as when people disagree with the war and they are labeled as not "supporting the troops". Please.

Also i don't know what SBF thinks some people would do if they met the president. Its not like I would spit in bush's face. There is no doubt in my mind that i would shake his hand. There is the republican idea that democrats hate this country and have no respect for its ideals and values. Again, I say those that have the courage to say what is wrong are not doing so in hate, its in love of this country.

No offense to Skinsfan either, i'm just giving an example from the thread.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
Really i don't mind at all. It doesn't bother me much. Whats worse is the other stuff SBF said about all my posts which goes deeper than this one post he disagreed with. Whatever.

But the thing is, i hate it when democratic ideas get labeled as 'hater' and 'whiner' ideas, like you said. What is worse when the words "national pride" come into the picture, as skinsfan said. Just because someone disagrees with the way the country is being run doesn't make them any less american than those that blindly follow it. They are more american for that. This is the same thing as when people disagree with the war and they are labeled as not "supporting the troops". Please.

Also i don't know what SBF thinks some people would do if they met the president. Its not like I would spit in bush's face. There is no doubt in my mind that i would shake his hand. There is the republican idea that democrats hate this country and have no respect for its ideals and values. Again, I say those that have the courage to say what is wrong are not doing so in hate, its in love of this country.

No offense to Skinsfan either, i'm just giving an example from the thread.
It wasn't "national pride" if you are gonna quote somebody get it right!

It's called a little bit of AMERICAN PRIDE.....no matter what side of the political fence you happen to be on.

NOT TO MUCH SIMPLIER THAN THAT!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #48
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
It wasn't "national pride" if you are gonna quote somebody get it right!

It's called a little bit of AMERICAN PRIDE.....no matter what side of the political fence you happen to be on.

NOT TO MUCH SIMPLIER THAN THAT!
I fail to see the difference between American Pride and National Pride. Please enlighten us.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #49
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I fail to see the difference between American Pride and National Pride. Please enlighten us.
Maybe we're talking about the Washington Nationals? In which case, I should move this to the Other Sports forum.


Seriously though, I'm curious about the answer myself
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #50
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe we're talking about the Washington Nationals? In which case, I should move this to the Other Sports forum.


Seriously though, I'm curious about the answer myself
My theory is that American Pride is the set of all patriotic American where as the National Pride is a set of all liberals. These two sets are of course mutually exclusive.

Alternatively, perhaps National Pride doesn't have the patriotic punch AMERICAN PRIDE has.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #51
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
Really i don't mind at all. It doesn't bother me much. Whats worse is the other stuff SBF said about all my posts which goes deeper than this one post he disagreed with. Whatever.

But the thing is, i hate it when democratic ideas get labeled as 'hater' and 'whiner' ideas, like you said. What is worse when the words "national pride" come into the picture, as skinsfan said. Just because someone disagrees with the way the country is being run doesn't make them any less american than those that blindly follow it. They are more american for that. This is the same thing as when people disagree with the war and they are labeled as not "supporting the troops". Please.

Also i don't know what SBF thinks some people would do if they met the president. Its not like I would spit in bush's face. There is no doubt in my mind that i would shake his hand. There is the republican idea that democrats hate this country and have no respect for its ideals and values. Again, I say those that have the courage to say what is wrong are not doing so in hate, its in love of this country.

No offense to Skinsfan either, i'm just giving an example from the thread.
I agree here BSB. I think there's a tendency, rightly or wrongly, to think just because someone is a Democrat it automatically makes them a Bush hater. I had the privilege and the honor of meeting Bush Sr. while I served during the first Gulf War. At the time, I probably didn't agreee with all the reasons we were there, but I was most definitely thrilled to shake that man's hand; I'll never forget it. And I'm sure if opportunity presented itself to meet Bush Jr., I would feel the same way.

I think what we tend to miss in these heated discussions and debates, is that it's wise to separate the office from the man; the person. I'm sure the man George W. Bush is an upright, nice, family oriented individual. It's the office that I've had issues with, and more specifically how he's discharged his duties and execution of the office. To the best of my knowledge, I've never directly insulted George W. Bush the person, or the office, I don't think, but if I have, my apologies to all Repubs, and yes, Dems, and whomever may have taken offense to it.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe we're talking about the Washington Nationals? In which case, I should move this to the Other Sports forum.


Seriously though, I'm curious about the answer myself
Last I checked this was a B-day thread, that's turned into something far from. Maybe? your talking about the Nationals, but I damn sure wasn't.

Just for simplicity to help with your curiousity. National start's with an N, and AMERICAN start's with an A. If I quote someone I try to get it right.

I'm not on this thread to debate politics, there's plenty other's on this site to due so.

Hope this help's with your curiousity.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #53
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Last I checked this was a B-day thread, that's turned into something far from. Maybe? your talking about the Nationals, but I damn sure wasn't.

Just for simplicity to help with your curiousity. National start's with an N, and AMERICAN start's with an A. If I quote someone I try to get it right.

I'm not on this thread to debate politics, there's plenty other's on this site to due so.

Hope this help's with your curiousity.
I was only joking. I know what the thread is about. You need to relax.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I was only joking. I know what the thread is about. You need to relax.
Ya'll threadjack and mother f the President but he and I should relax?
lol

Classic thewarpath.net

Sad but classic
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:54 PM   #55
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
Ya'll threadjack and mother f the President but he and I should relax?
lol

Classic thewarpath.net

Sad but classic
There was no threadjack. It was just joking and, for your information, I never have said bad things about our President.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I never have said bad things about our President.
I DO stand corrected on that and sorry Sir.
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #57
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,635
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
Ya'll threadjack and mother f the President but he and I should relax?
lol

Classic thewarpath.net

Sad but classic
I am sorry for my first response. There was nothing that triggered that but the fact that i felt 'not pleasing everyone" was an understatement. But this last post was because i felt some of you were questioning my pride and love for this country. I am pretty sure you would have blown a gasket if i did the same.


Skinfan, i am sorry for misquoting you. I actually realized my mistake but didn't bother to fix it. I wish i did because i would get more substance from you subsequent posts but thats my mistake.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,517
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
Ya'll threadjack and mother f the President but he and I should relax?
lol

Classic thewarpath.net

Sad but classic
Yeah, I agree that you need to relax, you say stuff that I am sure offends other people and for the most part they let it roll off their backs. But when anyone, and I mean anyone, say anything that you do not like are that you take offense to you do blow a head gasket. I think you need to grow up just a little bit and quit being so sensitive over someone making a joke...

Oh, and by the way you want to call people stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan
doy doy doy!

Yer very aware of the OBVIOUS there spark plug.
It is YOUR or YOU ARE or even YOU'RE not "yer" and YOU ALL not "Ya'll", OK there Mr. Deliverance...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
Sammy Baugh Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, Woodbridge
Age: 52
Posts: 2,507
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
Yeah, I agree that you need to relax, you say stuff that I am sure offends other people and for the most part they let it roll off their backs. But when anyone, and I mean anyone, say anything that you do not like are that you take offense to you do blow a head gasket. I think you need to grow up just a little bit and quit being so sensitive over someone making a joke...

Oh, and by the way you want to call people stupid...



It is YOUR or YOU ARE or even YOU'RE not "yer" and YOU ALL not "Ya'll", OK there Mr. Deliverance...
And yer ANAL too.
lol
__________________
Check out Mike Hedrick - The Next Food Network Star.
Please Click and give me a Thumbs Up and Positive Comment. Thanks
Sammy Baugh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 AM   #60
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
It wasn't the language. It was the venom and retaliatory hatred that I'm referring to. But then again, that is all over the "bible" too.
Well, can't really argue with that one.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31854 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25