Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The legacy of 'W'?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #271
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
So are you advocating for keeping it under wrap and let him continue or force him out with his dignity intact?
Well, I already said that it's a shame that a man using one word ruins his legacy. I really don't know...I wasn't there. If it was a truely racism remark then yes, you don't want someone in power that is a racist, if it truely was a slip, then no, everyone says something stupid at some point. I wasn't there.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #272
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

getting back to bush:

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #273
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
getting back to bush:

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!
LOL...there is progress. 3K+ americans dead is not nearly as bad as it could be. Do you feel Iraq is exactly the same as it was when we started this war?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #274
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL...there is progress. 3K+ americans dead is not nearly as bad as it could be. Do you feel Iraq is exactly the same as it was when we started this war?
It might be marginally better but that's not good enough. I suppose I'm biased because I expected us to fail when we went in. That doesn't mean I wanted us to fail, it just means I was cognizant of reality of what it would mean to "win" and how difficult of a task it would be. Plus, I understand the concept of sunk cost.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #275
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

This one always cracks me up. Granted, it tends to ignore that the world change significantly since 2001. Still, it never hurts to have a good laugh

Comedy Central - Media Player
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #276
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL...there is progress. 3K+ americans dead is not nearly as bad as it could be. Do you feel Iraq is exactly the same as it was when we started this war?
Iraq isn't the same, but no country is. after all the money, and lives lost, i think people expect alot more then they are seeing. its time for them to step up, and us to get the hell out.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #277
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
It might be marginally better but that's not good enough. I suppose I'm biased because I expected us to fail when we went in. That doesn't mean I wanted us to fail, it just means I was cognizant of reality of what it would mean to "win" and how difficult of a task it would be. Plus, I understand the concept of sunk cost.
Iraq has a completely new government from head to toe...how is that not progress?
We really can't view it as a win or loss scenario. What would constitute a "win"?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 AM   #278
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Iraq has a completely new government from head to toe...how is that not progress?
We really can't view it as a win or loss scenario. What would constitute a "win"?

Why don't you ask the president and crew:

__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #279
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

I think he will go down as someone who tried to make the right deicisions but got bashed no matter what he did.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 AM   #280
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I think he will go down as someone who tried to make the right deicisions but got bashed no matter what he did.

True...he is truely someone that is PC to bash. More so than any other president in history.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:05 AM   #281
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
True...he is truely someone that is PC to bash. More so than any other president in history.
I think it's the era we live in now. Back in the day, there was limited media coverage and the relationship between press and politicians was significantly tighter so FDR could hide his polio, JFK could hide his women.

Now a days, everyone is on mission for the "truth" and determined-more than ever it seems-to find fault in leaders and newsmakers. And all you needs is a computer and an Internet connection to fire up a blog and spread your message out to the world.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #282
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

The Media blows everything up too much and it gets taken out on everyone. Americans are the most impressionable people in the world.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 AM   #283
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's the era we live in now. Back in the day, there was limited media coverage and the relationship between press and politicians was significantly tighter so FDR could hide his polio, JFK could hide his women.

Now a days, everyone is on mission for the "truth" and determined-more than ever it seems-to find fault in leaders and newsmakers. And all you needs is a computer and an Internet connection to fire up a blog and spread your message out to the world.

That's very true.
I'm surprised that Bush hasn't been impeached yet. The only two ever to go through that is Nixon and Clinton.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #284
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,859
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

You make your bed, you sleep in it. Everyone in here talks about personally responsibility...what about president and crew. Why should we make an exception and hold them to a lesser standard?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 AM   #285
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
You make your bed, you sleep in it. Everyone in here talks about personally responsibility...what about president and crew. Why should we make an exception and hold them to a lesser standard?

Umm what? Is this in response to someone...or just a random thought?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33892 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25